Ares Games

Thread: Where do I sit?

Default Where do I sit?

We were having a discussion about Rise of Flight and the various flight tick / systems available.

So do any of you use l simulation rig like the Obutto Revolution or the like? What do you think?

Somewhere in my garage I have a full size sim flying set consisting of a set of rudder peddles, yoke/stick and throttle quadrant for a serious sim player. They are just the parts, no control box/PC interface if needed. They are also big and heavy, I have no idea/interest in pursuing using them, what shall I do with them? Pictures on request . . .

Quote Originally Posted by clipper1801 View Post
    Somewhere in my garage I have a full size sim flying set consisting of a set of rudder peddles, yoke/stick and throttle quadrant for a serious sim player. They are just the parts, no control box/PC interface if needed. They are also big and heavy, I have no idea/interest in pursuing using them, what shall I do with them? Pictures on request . . .
    I would love to see it.

Do you know what brand it is. Obutto? They make a nice rig. Their rigs are also good for auto sim racing.
    Plus all the rigs - the good ones at least - are heavy.

Get a fishing stool set up in an old tea chest with the rest of the Gubbins and you should feel right at home in the cockpit Lance !

Sapiens qui vigilat... "He is wise who watches"

No, though more because of space limitations than anything else. I really want to do a custom mount for my CH gear so I can actually mount it at the proper level rather than on the desktop.

I think Clipper was talking about the peripherals (yoke, throttle, rudder pedals) only, Skyking - not an actual pit.

I've considered the Obutto as well, but in truth am pretty happy with my joystick and throttle on my desktop, and my pedals beneath. My main gripe is my office chair - it has wheels, and swivels, so at times I find I have to fight it moving around on me while "in the heat of battle." Obviously an Obutto would solve that, but I'm not sure I'm willing to give up all my desktop space and storage to get it.

Anyways, we should probably put all this flight sim chat in the Officer's Club, as it's not related to WoG except for theme

Quote Originally Posted by surfimp View Post
    I think Clipper was talking about the peripherals (yoke, throttle, rudder pedals) only, Skyking - not an actual pit.

I've considered the Obutto as well, but in truth am pretty happy with my joystick and throttle on my desktop, and my pedals beneath. My main gripe is my office chair - it has wheels, and swivels, so at times I find I have to fight it moving around on me while "in the heat of battle." Obviously an Obutto would solve that, but I'm not sure I'm willing to give up all my desktop space and storage to get it.

Anyways, we should probably put all this flight sim chat in the Officer's Club, as it's not related to WoG except for theme
    Okay. Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by clipper1801 View Post
    Do I sense yet another offering for your next auction, Clipper?