Ares Games

Thread: Totally Unrelated To Anything: The Queen's Funeral Arrangements

Hybrid View

Default Totally Unrelated To Anything: The Queen's Funeral Arrangements

https://www.theguardian.com/uk-news/...-london-bridge

Noting how few remain who've actually had to do this before....

Thanks for posting this Chris, very interesting reading. I will be a sad day for those of us in the Commonwealth when HM passes.

Yes it will be a sad day indeed. She has been a great Queen & has cemented her place in History.

Quote Originally Posted by gully_raker View Post
    :eek: Yes it will be a sad day indeed. She has been a great Queen & has cemented her place in History.:thumbsup:
    Something about Female British Monarchs: Either they die immediately, or they live forever....

"It's this shilly-shallying which is so undignified." :)

I was in grade 2 or 3 and thought it very strange to sing God save the Queen instead of God save the King

Quote Originally Posted by grumpybear View Post
    I was in grade 2 or 3 and thought it very strange to sing God save the Queen instead of God save the King
    I was just thinking today that it will be weird for many when she passes. I didn't realize (granted, I'm American) until my mid-20s that the National Anthem, warship designations, official titles, etc., ALL CHANGE depending on the sex of the reigning monarch. It'll be quite a surprise for many, I bet.

And QE has been queen so long, there won't even be many recorded versions of God Save the KING, because the last time there was a KING, audio recording for mass consumption wasn't really a thing. The coronation was in black and white (and was the first, and only so far, to be televised). Crazy.

as a former boy scout (cub scout actually) i understand the need to be prepared, but this seems a bit morbid to me.

Quote Originally Posted by milcoll73 View Post
    as a former boy scout (cub scout actually) i understand the need to be prepared, but this seems a bit morbid to me.
    Morbid it may be but can you imagine what a cluster it would be if they didn't have any plans !

"He is wise who watches"

Exactly what came to my mind: Be Prepared!

Anyway, I totally understand this need - can't imagine that royal family won't be prepared for something that must come.

Croasing fingers for "long time preparations."

As my platoon sergeant used to say 'Prior Preparation Prevents Piss Poor Performance'!

I hope these plans don't need to be enacted for many years.

Quote Originally Posted by Carl_Brisgamer View Post
    As my platoon sergeant used to say 'Prior Preparation Prevents Piss Poor Performance'!

I hope these plans don't need to be enacted for many years.
    Failing to prepare is preparing to fail. Always good to have a plan for better or worse. It will be a sad day all over the planet.

Certainly good to have planning in place, but I'm not sure the need for the article.
    Karl
    It is impossible for a man to begin to learn what he thinks he knows. -- Epictetus

Setarius's Avatar May you forever fly in blue skies
    Users Country Flag

Name
    Dale
    Sorties Flown

Quote Originally Posted by Jager View Post
    Certainly good to have planning in place, but I'm not sure the need for the article.
    Karl
    On a slow news day the media will do anything to make a sale on a tabloid or paper. Even if it means rerunning a story they did a month ago. This probably falls into that category and I will bet some people that don't normally pick up a paper grabbed one with that story in it.

Quote Originally Posted by Setarius View Post
    On a slow news day the media will do anything to make a sale on a tabloid or paper. Even if it means rerunning a story they did a month ago. This probably falls into that category and I will bet some people that don't normally pick up a paper grabbed one with that story in it.
    Another reminder of how much I loathe the press.
    I laugh in the face of danger - then I hide until it goes away!

Let us hope that these plans will not have to be used for quite some time yet.

As noted in the article: For someone of the Queen's age, the average lifespan from that point is three years....

My wife is Thai and the King was very revered and passed last year. Although he had no power the people loved him so I know how the British will feel. God Bless the Queen. She means something to the British people.

Empress Mathilda just over 6 months.

Lady Jane Grey 9 days

Mary I 5 years

Elizabeth I 45 years

Mary II 5 years

Anne 5 years

Anne 7 years (After the act of union)

Victoria 64 years

Elizabeth II 65 years (to date)
    See you on the Dark Side......

Quote Originally Posted by Skafloc View Post
    Empress Mathilda just over 6 months.

Lady Jane Grey 9 days
    Mary I 5 years
    Elizabeth I 45 years
    Mary II 5 years
    Anne 5 years
    Anne 7 years (After the act of union)
    Victoria 64 years
    Elizabeth II 65 years (to date)
    Thanks for the info. Apparently Elizabeth is a great choice for British Queen names.

One thing is for sure.
    No one is going to beat that record in my lifetime!
    Rob.
    "Courage is the art of being the only one who knows you're scared to death."

The crown will change on our uniforms and badges, new colours for the Regiments out here in the colonies as well.

It will certainly mark the end of an era, but not too soon I hope.

I agree Carl and there will be other changes

Similar Missions

1. Hangar tray arrangements
    By Setarius in forum Hobby Room
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 04-26-2015, 02:58
  2. I'd be late to my own funeral.
    By somaliavet in forum Officer's Club
    Replies: 21
    Last Post: 04-10-2013, 04:59
  3. Cancon Arrangements??
    By gully_raker in forum Australian Wing