Ares Games

Thread: How many Zero Damage Cards?

Question How many Zero Damage Cards?

G'day All!
    Last night at our Games Club we had a 4 player WW1 Dogfight. 2 Albatross D.Va's Vs a Camel & SE5a.
    Two of the participants were young teenagers who have been playing occasionally but enjoying the game.
    Arianne flew the Camel with my SE & Kobi flew the Udet D.Va with Glen Ferrier having the Dragon one.

Anyway the good folk (Brits) downed both Germans but young Kobi collected 10 x 0 damage cards along the way plus 2 Fire cards (1st one went out with very low damage), Engine damage, Wounded Pilot & the other Fire card which saw him eventually go down!

I remember a few years ago I collected 12 x 0's & wondered what is the highest number of 0's all of our regular players have recorded?

Will be interesting to see who has racked up the greatest score of 0's.

I have a vague recollection of seeing 14 once Baz, not sure if it's recorded anywhere though. I picked up 5 out of 8 hits in one pass on a Zeppelin once !

"He is wise who watches"

I think I saw a handful of "0"s from the World Record Game in Italy.

Ares Games - Largest game ever for Wings of Glory: 100 players!

IIRC, during that game, a pilot attempted to fly the whole length of the table, shooting whomever passed in front of him, being shot at by passing planes. He ended up with 13 "0" cards when they called the game, and he made it about half-way down the table. Awesome luck!

Can't find the picture, now, but I believe Andrea posted it somewhere, shortly after the game.

I have seen 15 card hands of damage, but not all "0"s.

PS: Not the same one I remembered, but close: Wargamespezia.org - Record-WoG-Firenze-2013/

PPS: Image: Wings of Glory - New Record Attempt, September 22nd in Florence - Post #84

Story: Wings of Glory - New Record Attempt, September 22nd in Florence - Post #88

Note: The image and story may not be related, except for being participants in the same event. Andrea would have to confirm.
    Last edited by OldGuy59; 03-29-2017 at 00:46.
    Mike
    "Flying is learning to throw yourself at the ground and miss" Douglas Adams
    "Wings of Glory won't skin your elbows and knees while practicing." OldGuy59

Played a WWII game at Cold Wars and my first 3 chits were 0's. The next three were 8-0-8. The next attack was a head on at a Zero and he blew up and I received 0 damage again. Very lucky was I.

Quote Originally Posted by flash View Post
    I have a vague recollection of seeing 14 once Baz, not sure if it's recorded anywhere though. I picked up 5 out of 8 hits in one pass on a Zeppelin once !
    Picking up 6 - 8 hits in a single pass on the Zep does seem to be common during our Ashford raids, doesn't it - of course, so many of them are "booms" or fire cards

I need to check my decks. I'm curious how many zero's are in the different decks.

Actually now I'm curious as to the entire mixture. Something for a spreadsheet

Quote Originally Posted by Archidamus View Post
    Picking up 6 - 8 hits in a single pass on the Zep does seem to be common during our Ashford raids, doesn't it - of course, so many of them are "booms" or fire cards
    That's mostly in your hands Brian, though you had better luck last time out !

"He is wise who watches"

Maybe it could be a project to exploit the WGF damage decks.
    Voilą le soleil d'Austerlitz!

very interesting. (Ps. it's nice to hear that other teens like the game!)

Similar Missions

1. damage cards
    By va beach ace in forum Aerodrome Accessories
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 06-03-2013, 10:20
  2. Gun Jams and Two Damage Cards
    By hatfieldsinal in forum WGF: House Rules
    Replies: 18
    Last Post: 10-27-2012, 02:26
  3. Damage cards vs. Damage chits
    By Ericdagamer in forum Hobby Room
    Replies: 2