Results 1 to 20 of 20

Thread: Totally Unrelated To Anything: The Queen's Funeral Arrangements

  1. #1

    Default Totally Unrelated To Anything: The Queen's Funeral Arrangements

    https://www.theguardian.com/uk-news/...-london-bridge

    Noting how few remain who've actually had to do this before....

  2. #2

    Default

    Thanks for posting this Chris, very interesting reading. I will be a sad day for those of us in the Commonwealth when HM passes.

  3. #3

    Post

    Yes it will be a sad day indeed. She has been a great Queen & has cemented her place in History.

    "Its a fine line indeed between going out in a Blaze of Glory or having Crashed & Burnt!"
    Member Australian Society of WW1 Aero Historians

  4. #4

    Default

    I was in grade 2 or 3 and thought it very strange to sing God save the Queen instead of God save the King

  5. #5

    Default

    as a former boy scout (cub scout actually) i understand the need to be prepared, but this seems a bit morbid to me.

  6. #6

    Default

    Exactly what came to my mind: Be Prepared!

    Anyway, I totally understand this need - can't imagine that royal family won't be prepared for something that must come.

    Croasing fingers for "long time preparations."

  7. #7

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by milcoll73 View Post
    as a former boy scout (cub scout actually) i understand the need to be prepared, but this seems a bit morbid to me.
    Morbid it may be but can you imagine what a cluster it would be if they didn't have any plans !

    "He is wise who watches"

  8. #8

    Default

    As my platoon sergeant used to say 'Prior Preparation Prevents Piss Poor Performance'!

    I hope these plans don't need to be enacted for many years.

  9. #9

    Default

    Certainly good to have planning in place, but I'm not sure the need for the article.
    Karl
    It is impossible for a man to begin to learn what he thinks he knows. -- Epictetus

  10. #10

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Jager View Post
    Certainly good to have planning in place, but I'm not sure the need for the article.
    Karl
    On a slow news day the media will do anything to make a sale on a tabloid or paper. Even if it means rerunning a story they did a month ago. This probably falls into that category and I will bet some people that don't normally pick up a paper grabbed one with that story in it.

  11. #11

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by gully_raker View Post
    :eek: Yes it will be a sad day indeed. She has been a great Queen & has cemented her place in History.:thumbsup:
    Something about Female British Monarchs: Either they die immediately, or they live forever....

    "It's this shilly-shallying which is so undignified." :)

  12. #12

    Default

    Let us hope that these plans will not have to be used for quite some time yet.

  13. #13

    Default

    As noted in the article: For someone of the Queen's age, the average lifespan from that point is three years....

  14. #14

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Setarius View Post
    On a slow news day the media will do anything to make a sale on a tabloid or paper. Even if it means rerunning a story they did a month ago. This probably falls into that category and I will bet some people that don't normally pick up a paper grabbed one with that story in it.
    Another reminder of how much I loathe the press.

  15. #15

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Carl_Brisgamer View Post
    As my platoon sergeant used to say 'Prior Preparation Prevents Piss Poor Performance'!

    I hope these plans don't need to be enacted for many years.
    Failing to prepare is preparing to fail. Always good to have a plan for better or worse. It will be a sad day all over the planet.

  16. #16

    Default

    My wife is Thai and the King was very revered and passed last year. Although he had no power the people loved him so I know how the British will feel. God Bless the Queen. She means something to the British people.

  17. #17

    Default

    Empress Mathilda just over 6 months.

    Lady Jane Grey 9 days

    Mary I 5 years

    Elizabeth I 45 years

    Mary II 5 years

    Anne 5 years

    Anne 7 years (After the act of union)

    Victoria 64 years

    Elizabeth II 65 years (to date)
    See you on the Dark Side......

  18. #18

  19. #19

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Skafloc View Post
    Empress Mathilda just over 6 months.

    Lady Jane Grey 9 days
    Mary I 5 years
    Elizabeth I 45 years
    Mary II 5 years
    Anne 5 years
    Anne 7 years (After the act of union)
    Victoria 64 years
    Elizabeth II 65 years (to date)
    Thanks for the info. Apparently Elizabeth is a great choice for British Queen names.

    If we should have to fight, we should be prepared to do so from the neck up instead of from the neck down.

  20. #20

    Default

    One thing is for sure.
    No one is going to beat that record in my lifetime!
    Rob.
    "Courage is the art of being the only one who knows you're scared to death."



Similar Missions

  1. Hangar tray arrangements
    By Setarius in forum Hobby Room
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 04-26-2015, 02:58
  2. I'd be late to my own funeral.
    By somaliavet in forum Officer's Club
    Replies: 21
    Last Post: 04-10-2013, 04:59
  3. Cancon Arrangements??
    By gully_raker in forum Australian Wing
    Replies: 17
    Last Post: 01-24-2013, 19:57
  4. Replies: 20
    Last Post: 03-26-2011, 13:42
  5. Red Baron Funeral
    By Attila57 in forum Historical Discussions
    Replies: 31
    Last Post: 03-13-2011, 03:17

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •