Ares Games

Thread: New Topside Minis 'ground' targets

matt56's Avatar May you forever fly in blue skies.
    Major

Users Country Flag

Name
    Matt
    Sorties Flown

Default New Topside Minis 'ground' targets

I know several of our members here have explored the naval units that Topside Minis produces (which is how I found out about them)...

Up til now it has mainly been WW2 surface vessels, with a smattering of WW1 stuff. But they are producing both fleets for Jutland, so that's a whole bunch of WW1 'ground' (sea, actually) targets soon to be released!!!

They are forecasting it being finished and for sale/order this 1st Quarter of 2017.

If you aren't familiar with their products, check 'em out - they scale out to 1/1850 (if I remember correctly), and the 'flat' nature of the plan view is lovely to 'fly' over.

I, for one, am looking forward to delving into some of the Jutland mix.

And for you who like WW2 Pacific and might need some sea targets, they have tons of options...

All the best,
    Matt

I got their WW1 Falklands set, the pictures are very nice but not used them in anger as yet.

Major

Users Country Flag

Name
    Matt
    Sorties Flown

That's the set I have, too, Chris - I peeled them and mounted them to the basswood bases. I really like them a lot, and they work great on the playing surface. And the cost is really great, in my humble opinion...hope shipping wasn't too much to get 'em over the Pond to you...

All the best,
    Matt

Thumbs up

Yes I give a BIG to Topside Mini's. I have a big collection of US & Jap ships for the Pacific War & have used them in a number of scenarios including Midway & Battle of the Bismark Sea usually with War at Sea 3D models on top for effect & then take these off when overflying..

I also have a number of Topside Minis. One order was for a set they were making and you asked for what you wanted. I asked for a bunch of cargo ships. He ran out of names and emailed to ask about names. I left it up to him and now have a large Atlantic convoy and the ships for a Malta convoy. They do a great job. Thanks for the heads up on new counters.

Just checked their site and they show a WWII ground targets coming out in the summer of 17. They should be good like their ship counters. I have to find my AH Jutland game and replace the counters with these.

Just received an email from Topside Minis and the Jutland set is out. They are also working on the WWII target set and a Russo Japanese set. I have a number of their ships and look forward to getting the targets.

Major

Users Country Flag

Name
    Matt
    Sorties Flown

I saw the announcement on their website yesterday, too, Bob. AND they are producing the Jutland sets in 1/2400 and 1/3000, too, just without the wooden backing (one supplies one's own choice of backing), and at a considerably cheaper price. I look forward to getting some in the future - not sure I want to spring for the whole set, as naval action isn't an area I want to branch into - I would rather buy individual ships to use as targets...I'll have to think this through a bit...

But the ships look lovely!

All the best,
    Matt

I did see that Matt. Since the counters are on a heavy duty material they will still work. I see how some use the W@S minis and when the plane get close switch to the Topside ships.

Similar Missions

1. Topside minis developments
    By Biggles downunder in forum Hobby Room
    Replies: 15
    Last Post: 06-19-2016, 16:27
  2. Topside minis
    By Baxter in forum Officer's Club
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 03-04-2016, 23:42
  3. Topside Minis Naval War Gaming Miniatures
    By Steel Legion in forum WGS: General Discussions
    Replies: 4