Ares Games

Thread: Not a mega game

Default Not a mega game

I'm pretty excited. Tomorrow I am running my first Wings of Glory game in almost three years. Also got some guys coming over to my house for the first time. They have played before - Karl being one of them - but hoping to start a trend!

I hope to post a couple of AARs next week.

Hope it goes well for you - just watch your six!

Thumbs up

Look forward to Pics & an AAR!

Best wishes for an exciting and enjoyable game.

matt56's Avatar May you forever fly in blue skies.
    Major

Users Country Flag

Name
    Matt
    Sorties Flown

Hope you have fun, Lance! But then, if you're playing Wings of War/Glory, that's a given, isn't it?!

And if Karl is our beloved Jager, you're bound to have a good time...watch out for the boom cards...

All the best,
    Matt

All the best for your game Lance!

Here's hoping for lots of pretty pictures of the action!
    I laugh in the face of danger - then I hide until it goes away!

Most excellent! I hope it catches on.

Karl if you happen to see this before you head up please bring an extra game map! I am one short!

Lance any game is a good game, but with friends its even better. Hope you all enjoyed yourselves and look forward to an AAR perhaps ??

I'm learning to fly, but I ain't got wings
    Coming down is the hardest thing

Well, it was a fun game; great bunch of guys Lance plays with. Looking forward to the next one I can get to.
    Karl
    It is impossible for a man to begin to learn what he thinks he knows. -- Epictetus

Thanks Karl! It was great seeing you again. I think we also hooked Todd on the game especially since his was the last plane in the air!
    He is anxious to play again. I'll check my theater schedule and get a game on the books.

Sadly I forgot to take pictures! Next game. Promise.

Yes and the guys are great. I have been running this group since 1982. All of them have been members (except for Pete) for over 20 years.

Quote Originally Posted by matt56 View Post
    Hope you have fun, Lance! But then, if you're playing Wings of War/Glory, that's a given, isn't it?!

And if Karl is our beloved Jager, you're bound to have a good time...watch out for the boom cards...

All the best,
    Matt
    Yes that is the one.

All the best,
    Matt
    Matt where are you located? I would like to organize some larger games perhaps at a central location. Something similar to what we did in Ashland a few years back.

matt56's Avatar May you forever fly in blue skies.
    Major

Users Country Flag

Name
    Matt
    Sorties Flown

I'm in Southwest Ohio, Lance - I live in Springboro, about 25 minutes south of Dayton - our group of gamers is from the general Dayton area, although we have a couple that come up from northern Cincinnati. Every so often some of us make it to Columbus to game, and this past Saturday two fellows from Columbus joined us down here...

Keep me posted on any 'bigger' ideas you have - we will see how we can help out or be a part of the flying festivities!

All the best,
    Matt

BTW, Lance; remember to post some pics of those mini-clipboard cockpits you made.
    Karl
    It is impossible for a man to begin to learn what he thinks he knows. -- Epictetus

Thanks for the reminder. I'll get to that this weekend.

I'm in Southwest Ohio, Lance - I live in Springboro, about 25 minutes south of Dayton - our group of gamers is from the general Dayton area, although we have a couple that come up from northern Cincinnati. Every so often some of us make it to Columbus to game, and this past Saturday two fellows from Columbus joined us down here...

Keep me posted on any 'bigger' ideas you have - we will see how we can help out or be a part of the flying festivities!

All the best,
    Matt
    I will do that. I would like to do an all Ohio game day for WoG.

There was talk about one a couple years ago, but nothing came of it.
    Organizing it would be tricky, but IRC, a hall north of Columbus was proposed.
    Karl

Similar Missions

1. Bloody April mega-game in Kansas City?
    By horsepyre in forum WGF: General Discussions
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 03-10-2017, 16:21
  2. Anyone playing in the Mega Game at Gen Con 2016?
    By bgeipel in forum WGF: General Discussions
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 07-26-2016, 06:38
  3. National: WI-The Last Square closing MEGA sales
    By afilter in forum US Wing
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 12-07-2013, 06:37
  4. Baltimore-Washington WWI Mega Dogfight on March 3rd @ Games and Stuff, Glen Burnie, MD!
    By inkybrushes in forum US Wing
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 03-12-2013, 07:01
  5. Mega Draaken!
    By clipper1801 in forum Officer's Club
    Replies: 16
    Last Post: 11-09-2012, 12:53