Ares Games

Thread: WTB battlefoam

Users Country Flag

Name
    Grey
    Sorties Flown

Default WTB battlefoam

Anyone have extra battlefoam trays for planes laying around that they want to sell?

Do you already have a BF bag that you are trying to fill? If not, there are better options out there

Users Country Flag

Name
    Grey
    Sorties Flown

such as?

thing is i have some store credit at a store that sells bags but they dont have the custom foam.

i currently have modified plastic containers that i've used some scrap pluck foam with but i'm already out of room in them again, i know i'm gonna expand so i probably wanna go battlefoam

You will find the Hangar Trays from the Aerodrome Accessories site are a much nicer tray. I assemble each tray to order, allowing you to select what color you want for each of the tray bottoms. This makes it easy to find the trays you are looking for it you so something like red for Central Powers/Axis and Blue for Entente/Allies. My trays are much denser then any of the other trays out there as well. You can actually sit on one without damaging the minis in it. Please don't try that with other brands of trays

If you want to use some of your store credit, my trays fit the BF Sword Bag or the Army Transport line of bags.

Users Country Flag

Name
    Grey
    Sorties Flown

perfect - was thinking sword bag for this. those look pretty nice so i may have to get an empty sword bag and your trays

do sleeved cards fit too?

Yes, they fit sleeved cards.

I think I have a couple of Battle Foam trays that I'm not using. I can check. If I do they are the 15.5"W x 12L", so they are the large ones. Honestly I don't really like them; there are just a couple of standard sizes and quite a few planes do not fit well without some cutting.

I would recommend Keith's Hanger Trays. I switched to them and can confirm that the sleeved cards do fit well. I sleeve everything.

I do use the Battle Foam for X-Wing, but for WoG I use the above Hanger Trays with the a 44 QtZiplocŽ Weathertight Storage Box.

Good luck.

Users Country Flag

Name
    Grey
    Sorties Flown

thanks ken. please do let me know about the battlefoam trays - at the moment economy trumps quality unfortunately. If you could give me a good deal on trays you arent using it would be appreciated, or perhaps we can work out a trade

let me know

Quote Originally Posted by Ken at Sunrise View Post
    I think I have a couple of Battle Foam trays that I'm not using. I can check. If I do they are the 15.5"W x 12L", so they are the large ones. Honestly I don't really like them; there are just a couple of standard sizes and quite a few planes do not fit well without some cutting.

I would recommend Keith's Hanger Trays. I switched to them and can confirm that the sleeved cards do fit well. I sleeve everything.

I do use the Battle Foam for X-Wing, but for WoG I use the above Hanger Trays with the a 44 QtZiplocŽ Weathertight Storage Box.

Good luck.
    As with almost all of my accessories, I started making these trays because I was not happy with what was out there. It took about 3 years to develop them to their current state and I'm personally quite happy with them. Now, if I could only get some quality bags made a well. lol

I saw Keith's foams on my own eyes. Me and Adrzej (Nightbomber) could not believe that they are such tough to protect all minis. So Keith said: Do you see this bag? It is full of my repaints. Now look!

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20160617_212626.jpg 
Views:	38 
Size:	196.6 KB 
ID:	217743

My only gripe about Keith's foam is that my needs for storage surpassed my ability to wait for the product to be ready.

So I drew up a custom Battlefoam tray that I've been using to good success. I already had an investment in their bags for other miniatures games I play, so that worked nicely too.

But all things considered, if I was starting today, I'd get Keith's trays and a "whatever" bag to carry them in!!

Quote Originally Posted by gr3yh47 View Post
    thanks ken. please do let me know about the battlefoam trays - at the moment economy trumps quality unfortunately. If you could give me a good deal on trays you arent using it would be appreciated, or perhaps we can work out a trade

let me know
    I may have gotten gotten rid of them so I'll have to check when I get home. Most likely late tomorrow night; is that okay? I don't think that I have more than a few trays, probably not enough to fill a P.A.C.K. 720 bag; I'll see what I have a take a picture.

Like I said I ended up with Hanger Trays; just a better solution for me as I like to keep the decks and bases with the planes. I didn't get the Sword Bag because I got the containers, though I do like the sword bag. Here are additional Battle Foam Wings of War trays, if you need them or want to see what they are like. The bag that fits them is the P.A.C.K. 720.

I'll let you know what I find.

I acquired some packing foam and cut my own trays. They certainly aren't as precisely cut or sturdy as these other options, but I can sure fit a lot of planes per square inch.
    This two layer box holds 56 single-seaters in one tray and all the decks in the other.

Name:	1019160930.jpg 
Views:	34 
Size:	124.0 KB 
ID:	217744

Name:	1019160934.jpg 
Size:	206.9 KB 
ID:	217746

Name:	1019160934a.jpg 
Size:	211.2 KB 
ID:	217747

Name:	1019160933.jpg 
Size:	187.0 KB 
ID:	217745

Yeah but gr3yh47 (grey) has a store credit.

Quote Originally Posted by Dan-Sam View Post
    I saw Keith's foams on my own eyes. Me and Adrzej (Nightbomber) could not believe that they are such tough to protect all minis. So Keith said: Do you see this bag? It is full of my repaints. Now look!

Name:	20160617_212626.jpg 
Views:	38 
Size:	196.6 KB 
ID:	217743
    I should post a video of me putting my custom painted and rigged minis into a tray and then sitting on that single tray. No other trays to spread the load across and no bag to add support... just a single tray full of minis being sat on. That's the point where most people realize that there is actually a huge difference in foam trays. lol

Quote Originally Posted by surfimp View Post
    My only gripe about Keith's foam is that my needs for storage surpassed my ability to wait for the product to be ready.

So I drew up a custom Battlefoam tray that I've been using to good success. I already had an investment in their bags for other miniatures games I play, so that worked nicely too.

But all things considered, if I was starting today, I'd get Keith's trays and a "whatever" bag to carry them in!!
    Yeah, I wish I could get them made with a faster turn around time. Unfortunately I'm just a small fish in a very big pond for the company that makes them for me. I'm actually kind of lucky they will even deal with me. lol

At one point I picked up a couple of the BF PAC bags to do some testing with my Hangar Trays. I ended up not using the bags for about a year until I started painting up my Zombicide minis. The shear number of zombies that I have meant that the small 7.5x13 inch bags would not be practical to hold everything, so I decided to use the spare PAC 720 I had laying around. So this last production run of Hagar Trays I had the company cut me some BF sized trays. Now I can sit on my zombies without hurting them too!

Similar Missions

1. WGF Battlefoam thickness?
    By sparty in forum Hobby Room
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 12-03-2012, 15:11