Ares Games

Thread: Houston, we have a problem

Default Houston, we have a problem

I am wondering if anyone would like to help me out with a problem, I now have Rheumatoid arthritis which is a long-term condition that causes pain, swelling and stiffness in the joints.*The symptoms*have affect the hands, Over a year ago I bought some "Dom's Decals" To apply to pair of albatross, the problem is I just can't do it, Is anyone up for applying the decals for me?

Name:  DSC00734.jpg
Views: 173
Size:  125.5 KB

I just need the 7 & 9 planes have their, Shooting stars, swastikas and numbers replace (they are peeling off), the rest of the decals are fine.
    Last item I don't expect the work for free.

Drew, If you can't find anyone I will do it free of charge for you and then give the planes a cleat flat so they can be handled without worry. The only problem is that I am in the US and shipping would be terribly expensive. I too am an arthritis suffer, Knees, back, feet & hands and feel for you. I wish we were closer. Jim

Hi Drew, if no-one else nearer steps up before hand, are you thinking of going to Salute?
    I will bring some matt varnish and micro sol and do it on site if you are, or you can post them to me in Leicestershire.
    My father's hands were wrecked with arthritis, and I will gladly do it free of charge for that reason.

Lest we forget

i also feel for you guys drew, and jim. ive also got arthritis and while i still can do some decent work on better days (ie theres a reason why i tend to wait until warmer, dryer weather to do hobby stuff) its quite frustrating to just not be able to do the kind of work i used to.

Name:  sonsofarthritis.jpg
Views: 141
Size:  80.4 KB

I offered to do them for you, but you would not post them on to me.
    I'm sorry I have been too busy to meet up in person, but the offer still stands.
    I laugh in the face of danger - then I hide until it goes away!

Hi Tim, I'm totally confused, if you remember my post from about a year ago "In need of a cunning plan (Baldrick please don't reply)" You kindly offered your help, but something happened at your work and you sent a PM, putting the brakes on our meeting up, at that point I was waiting for you to contact me, Some how we must have my wires crossed.

Quote Originally Posted by Flying Helmut View Post
    I offered to do them for you, but you would not post them on to me.
    I'm sorry I have been too busy to meet up in person, but the offer still stands.
    Name:  nn.jpg
Views: 128
Size:  74.4 KB

Quote Originally Posted by milcoll73 View Post
    i also feel for you guys drew, and jim. ive also got arthritis and while i still can do some decent work on better days (ie theres a reason why i tend to wait until warmer, dryer weather to do hobby stuff) its quite frustrating to just not be able to do the kind of work i used to.

Name:  sonsofarthritis.jpg
Views: 141
Size:  80.4 KB
    Love the fellowship, now I need to get the tattoo! "warmer, dryer weather"? come join me in AZ! Mine is a mix of neuropathy, osteoarthritis and osteoporosis. One good day out of 3 so far and getting rarer, getting daily injections to rebuild the bones, not much progress in that, but when I can hold a model knife I will!

I would offer to keep my "Fingers crossed" for your full and speedy recovery, BUT my Rheumatoid arthritis is 24/7 at the moment, I have started you use paint spray cans, and spray 1/100 scale tanks, all mistakes are covered up with "Mud" or a jerry can.

Quote Originally Posted by andron234 View Post
    I would offer to keep my "Fingers crossed" for your full and speedy recovery, BUT my Rheumatoid arthritis is 24/7 at the moment, I have started you use paint spray cans, and spray 1/100 scale tanks, all mistakes are covered up with "Mud" or a jerry can.
    That's the ticket! Keep as flexible as you can! (Sorry the pun). I am daily finding things that I can not do anymore, my father in law just sent me a "jar-opener" appliance that I would have laughed at before, but now I can have jam and pickles again! I too would be glad to help if you are in no hurry and the postage is ok . . . my elves are getting fat from too much sitting in front of the TV set, I should really turn it on for them sometime . . .

Quote Originally Posted by andron234 View Post
    Name:  nn.jpg
Views: 128
Size:  74.4 KB
    PM sent to you 16th September 2016 (5 months ago, not nearly a year!)

Hi Drew

Sorry to be so tardy with this reply - I've only been on the 'Drome twice in the last month, and then only briefly.

My stroke-afflicted hemiplegic mother has been rushed to hospital with a cold white leg - she has had some emboli surgically removed, and is now on the mend, but she is 100 miles away and I have been spending all my free time sorting out her care.

I'm not going to be able to free up an evening to meet up with you, but am still willing to re-decal your planes if you send them to me. I realise this is not ideal, but I can't think of anyone else who could do them for you without you posting them on to that person.

I can do them in the run-up to Doncaster, i.e over the course of a few days in the last week of September, if that suits you.

cheers

Tim

I never received a reply to this PM.
    I laugh in the face of danger - then I hide until it goes away!

Hi Tim,

I totally understand, naturally your family comes first, after all we are talking "model planes" not life and death, As I stated I must have had my wires crossed, I wish your mother well.

Best regards

Drew

Quote Originally Posted by clipper1801 View Post
    That's the ticket! Keep as flexible as you can! (Sorry the pun). I am daily finding things that I can not do anymore, my father in law just sent me a "jar-opener" appliance that I would have laughed at before, but now I can have jam and pickles again! I too would be glad to help if you are in no hurry and the postage is ok . . . my elves are getting fat from too much sitting in front of the TV set, I should really turn it on for them sometime . . .
    Hi David

My Rheumatoid arthritis just came from nowhere, I have to wear slip on shoes now, as I can't tie my shoe laces, I also have special knives and forks to eat with, it's just like being a baby again (Without diapers) I always thought old age would bring wisdom, alas all I got was free pain killers of the NHS (at 60), But thank you for your advice ill keep it in mind.

Love the fellowship, now I need to get the tattoo! "warmer, dryer weather"? come join me in AZ! Mine is a mix of neuropathy, osteoarthritis and osteoporosis. One good day out of 3 so far and getting rarer, getting daily injections to rebuild the bones, not much progress in that, but when I can hold a model knife I will!

aaahhhhh sometimes i wish i could relocate, but ive got my 77 year old mother and 103 year old grandmother to look after.

well, that makes your output all the more amazing and miraculous!!!! you are possessed of very potent elves sir!!!

ironic i was just wrestling (pun intended) with that issue the other day. couldnt figure out what to do as i have no pliers or wrenches big enough. then i spied my mouse pad. worked like a charm. adapt and overcome i say!!!!

Alas I use an Optical mouse so no pad, my answer to the problem of opening a jar is...............................Get my wife to do it!!!!!!!!!!

Similar Missions

1. Me 262, P51 and Spitfire in formation at Houston
    By tikkifriend in forum Officer's Club
    Replies: 14
    Last Post: 07-25-2016, 11:28
  2. WGF Houston, we have a problem! A warning to my fellow gamers!
    By James Denberger in forum Hobby Room
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 07-07-2013, 18:31
  3. Texas Any WoW WWII groups in Houston?
    By PensyDerJäger in forum US Wing
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 08-21-2012, 21:05