Ares Games
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Battlegroup South Bovington tank museum wargames show 1&2 july

Default Battlegroup South Bovington tank museum wargames show 1&2 july

At beachead managed, with help from Flash, to speak to the organiser for this show.
    So anyone interested in maning a WW1 table at this show
    July 1&2.
    They only give tables to groups who can attend both days so we would need names for both days.
    So again mark your diaries and need names who will be able to attend.

Will definitely do one if not both days Chris, will confirm which nearer the date.

"He is wise who watches"

Missed this thread as well, somehow.

I would LOVE to do this show - I'll try to square it with work, and let you know.
    I laugh in the face of danger - then I hide until it goes away!

I completely missed this thread too. Must be getting very sleepy in my dotage But I can only do the Saturday. Is that any good? Got something else on on the Sunday so shall have to return home Saturday evening, Mike

One day is good Mike, the more the merrier !

"He is wise who watches"

One day is good Mike, the more the merrier !
    Great, I shall be there!

I will be able to do at least one day. Just need to confirm which one.

Now looking to attend both days with swmbo.

Users Country Flag

Name
    Paul
    Sorties Flown

Bovington is a great museum and a very friendly wargaming show. I've been three time and would love to go again, if I could. Best of luck with the WoG games chaps.

OH Bother...

Previous weekend commitment booked:

Friday ~ Phil Collins show in London Hyde Park:

Saturday ~ Imperial War Museum & Army Museum

Sunday ~ Adele Wembley arena....

Really Sorry to miss this one!

Mav

I hope to be able to do both days, but possibly it will be only one - I'll confirm when I know for sure.

Quote Originally Posted by Ajay View Post
    Now looking to attend both days with swmbo.

"He is wise who watches"

Quote Originally Posted by flash View Post
    Don't panic. Stella plans on spending most of her time using the guns and travelling on the personnel carrier.

She will have to stock up on 'old' pound coins then ?

"He is wise who watches"

With a month left before this show, I thought it wise to get it back into focus on page 1.

Any logos for this group? I managed to dabble this together for the Tank Museum:

Name:  BovingtonLogo-1.png
Views: 383
Size:  6.0 KB

If someone were to do up give-away cards for the event, good graphics are needed, and the website for the Tank Museum only had badly pixelated logos.

Also, for Battlegroup South, would there be a logo for them? There is a t-shirt with a design on it...

Something like was done for this event: Curious ComiCon, Nanaimo - 6 May 2017 - Bullet Checker Skill Card
    Mike
    "Flying is learning to throw yourself at the ground and miss" Douglas Adams
    "Wings of Glory won't skin your elbows and knees while practicing." OldGuy59

Quote Originally Posted by Ajay View Post
    With a month left before this show, I thought it wise to get it back into focus on page 1.
    Good point mate.
    Chris will defo do Saturday & in all likelihood I will be there for Sunday too. What time do you want us there ?

"He is wise who watches"

I'm set for both days but need to know what time we're starting and if we have confirmed attendance.

Name:  Bovington_Participation_Card1.jpg
Views: 372
Size:  241.2 KB

PS: Or this?

Name:  Bovington_Participation_Card1a.jpg
Views: 376
Size:  247.9 KB
    Last edited by OldGuy59; 05-28-2017 at 20:47.
    Mike

Just confirming - shall be there on Saturday definitely. An outside chance I'll be able to do the Sunday as well now, but won't know for certain for a while longer. Hoping to get son John there on Saturday too.

Like the "Participant" cards Mike. My preference is for the second example, but both are great. Cheers, Mike

Couple more weeks - may have jnr management in tow on Saturday - She can be deadly !

"He is wise who watches"

Many tanks for the cards Mike.
    Rob.
    "Courage is the art of being the only one who knows you're scared to death."

I hope to drop in on the Saturday if all goes well and will aim to say hello.

Edward

See you there Edward, hope you find time to play

"He is wise who watches"

Gents apologies to all bout the lack of unfo for this show.
    This has mainly been due to personal issues which I will not bore you with but has meant I have not been able to focus as much as I normally do.

Suffice to say as far as I am aware we have a booked table fir this show, although I do believe a number if my mails have not reached destinations which is a seperate issue I sm taking up with my email provider.

The intention will be to meet up around 0900 at the museum entrance ready for set up, as a standby I shall contact entoyment on Monday as they have said they have a spare table just in case.
    I believe Tim id booked in for this, please confirm Tim, so his standard set up will be used. i suggest WW1 as a starter possibly usung the new D3 against the N17's followed by whatever takes the fancy of the team there.
    My intention is to be there on Saturday, but circumstances may mean my unavailability, again due to personal issues at home.
    Apologies to all for mucking you about but all I can say its not of my doing.

Lastly the table comes with 4 free tickets any extra will have to pay, but hopefully if we descend enmasse we may get away with it.
    If you have them please wear your shirts as they look great and places us all in the public eye. I will bring my mats and banner, just in case Tim cant make it as well as new and old D3 and N17 with some Strutters, Non Ares Tripes and Pups.
    I hope to see you all there on Saturday morning but will confirm asap if any issues.

Roger that Chris, hopefully see you at 0900 on the day, I will be loaded for bear so let me know if you have any problems getting there via this medium - I will be in Poole on Friday with my little 'un, thinks she's found a mini golf course to torture me on. She may cry off attending as she's doing a fun run on Sunday - fun run ... two words that don't really go together.

"He is wise who watches"

Have a good one chaps.
    Rob.

I will be available for one day for certain, possibly both.
    Looks like Saturday at the moment.

Can bring a variety of stuff as required.

I'll be there for 9.00 Chris. Mrs Ajay and I have booked into a B and B in nearby Blandford Forum for Friday and Saturday so as to cut back on journey time. Looking forward to a good couple of days of action....at the show Dave before you suggest anything else.

I'll be there for the Saturday Chris, hopefully by 9.00 a.m. Already have a ticket. Shall be accompanied by a mate and his daughter. I assume I need bring nothing in the way of kit Cannot make the Sunday though! CU all there. Mike

Quote Originally Posted by Flying Officer Kyte View Post
    Have a good one chaps.
    Rob.
    Thanks Rob, we'll do our best !
    You need to time your Dorset visits better

"He is wise who watches"

Quote Originally Posted by mikeemagnus View Post
    I'll be there for the Saturday Chris, hopefully by 9.00 a.m. Already have a ticket. Shall be accompanied by a mate and his daughter. I assume I need bring nothing in the way of kit Cannot make the Sunday though! CU all there. Mike
    Look forward to meeting you over the table Mike

"He is wise who watches"

Oh.... And for those of you who didn't know, Entoyment will be trading at the show so bring your wallets !

"He is wise who watches"

Look forward to meeting you over the table
    Likewise Dave, and not before time - and I shall bring my wallet too

Still no official confirmation from the organisers Im afraid, but they have known since Feb the requirements.
    Unfortunately personal circumstances say I cannot do both days Im afraid, so as Tim can do the Saturday I will be down on for the Sunday, let me know if any issues on the Saturday. As a last resort if there is no table then I believe ENTOYMENT have a table in readiness just in case.
    I will be leaving Bristol at 0700 Sunday and expect to be there around 0915.
    Have a good day on Sat chaps

Sorry to hear you can't do both Chris - see you on Sunday

"He is wise who watches"

I'll be there bright and early Saturday.

Might be able to swing Sunday too...............it would be great to see Chris in the air for a change!

No goosing at the table if you please
    What sort of time will you be there Tim ?

"He is wise who watches"

Hopefully for 09:00, but I'll be leaving London and heading down the M3 with all the beach-bunny Grockles; traffic-wise, it could be VERY busy if the weather's good!

OK mate, keep my fingers crossed for a quick run for you & look forward to seeing you then - I'll probably have as much trouble getting out of Poole !

"He is wise who watches"

A great first day, finally secured a table, met up with Ajay, Flying Helmut and Mikeemagnus - got in three or four good skirmishes - Ajay claims the twin honours of being the first and first Brit to fall at Bovi, I can claim to be the first Hun to fall ! Despite a slow start I got a couple of victories in the final game of the day. Pics will follow at some point . Chris I have your wristband , we are table 64 beside TE Lawrence's motorbike !

"He is wise who watches"

Hi Dave.
    Great to hear Bovi is a success, and thank you and the chaps for supporting it.
    We saw T E Lawrence's motorbike when the exhibition was up here at the Newark Civil War museum. Their seasonal top floor display is always on a war theme but not usually related to the ECW.
    Rob.

Glad you got a table, see you chaps down there tomorrow, intend to be down there around 0900, see you at the entrance doors

A great first day
    I'll drink to that Great fun. really enjoyable event. Thanks all

I am glad to hear that the first day went well. Best wishes for today!

Thanks chaps, see you later Chris

"He is wise who watches"

No Wings games for 1 July, as I was out frying my brains in the hot sun.

Members of the Comox Air Force Museum Association spreading word about our museum to the masses:
    Name:  IMG_20170701_111308Comp.jpg
Views: 251
Size:  194.6 KB
    Mike

Jaymo

Hi there, new to the forum, this is my first post. Was great to meet the chaps at Bovington and fly in my first WWI game. Thoroughly enjoyed it and suspect I will now end up buying a duel pack (or two!) I got a few pictures of the day (Saturday) which I could try and add if you like? Thanks again chaps

Great to meet you too Jamie, please post a pic or two, told you you should buy a duel pack at the show !!

"He is wise who watches"

Hi Jamie, welcome from Essex.
    Run for your life - there are stupid people everywhere!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Similar Missions

1. South England Bovington Show - Battlegroup South July 2 / 3 2016
    By Mickowenuk in forum UK Wing
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 02-25-2016, 23:37
  2. South England New Wargames Show February 2016
    By Mickowenuk in forum UK Wing
    Replies: 18
    Last Post: 01-08-2016, 23:31
  3. South England Bovington show this weekend.
    By decapod in forum UK Wing
    Replies: 21
    Last Post: 07-07-2014, 03:51
  4. New Wargames Show, Thornbury, August 2013
    By David Manley in forum UK Wing
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 01-08-2013, 10:16
  5. Derby Wargames show 1 & 2 Oct 2011
    By Boney10 in forum UK Wing
    Replies: 14
    Last Post: 10-01-2011, 12:47