Ares Games

Thread: 1:1-Scale Miniatures

Default 1:1-Scale Miniatures

An associate of mine attended a meeting of historical re-enactors this past weekend.

The WW1 French re-enactors had a replica Fokker Eindecker (he thinks it was full-size; it may have been 3/4-scale).

Now *that's* some Hardcore Re-Enacting. :)

(The truly fun part: Most Eindecker replicas are so low-powered and lightweight, they can be flown under ultralight or LSA rules.)

Did he take any photographs, Chris?

A lot of WW1 planes are made at 3/4 or 7/8th scale for just that reason. I saw a lot of them at Dawn Patrol 3 years ago (had to skip last years ).
    Karl
    It is impossible for a man to begin to learn what he thinks he knows. -- Epictetus

I saw a trio of 3/4 scale SE5a replicas at "History Through the Ages" a few years back.

They didn't do much flying on the second day, owing to strong winds - the sight of one taking off into the wind and then HOVERING for a few seconds, just a few feet off the ground, was quite surreal!
    The pilot put her down and the others called the display off for safety reasons.
    I laugh in the face of danger - then I hide until it goes away!

Quote Originally Posted by Flying Helmut View Post
    I saw a trio of 3/4 scale SE5a replicas at "History Through the Ages" a few years back.

They didn't do much flying on the second day, owing to strong winds - the sight of one taking off into the wind and then HOVERING for a few seconds, just a few feet off the ground, was quite surreal!
    The pilot put her down and the others called the display off for safety reasons.
    Probably a wise decision on their part.

Sounds magical Tim

I'm learning to fly, but I ain't got wings
    Coming down is the hardest thing

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_1203.jpg 
Views:	20 
Size:	117.4 KB 
ID:	217380

I often thought this looked rather small so wasn't sure if it was actual scale.

Quote Originally Posted by Naharaht View Post
    Did he take any photographs, Chris?
    Sadly, no -- he and his were too busy being semi-ill with flu.

Quote Originally Posted by Flying Helmut View Post

One of the first air shows back in the 1910s had winds so bad, a couple of acft. found themselves flying backwards -- and those acft. didn't like to fly *forwards*, so one can imagine how much Fun it was trying to get the *&^%$#!ers back on the ground.

Ultra lights with attitude!!

Similar Missions

1. Replies: 1
    Last Post: 07-09-2013, 10:06
  2. WGF WW2 miniatures for trade to get WW1 miniatures I'm missing
    By ldsdbomber in forum Sale/Trade/Wanted Classifieds
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 04-19-2013, 04:43
  3. Replies: 5
    Last Post: 08-10-2011, 13:43
  4. JR Miniatures 1/235th Scale buildings...
    By The Cowman in forum Hobby Room
    Replies: 14
    Last Post: 07-31-2011, 20:45