Ares Games

Thread: Building a better Box

Default Building a better Box

I came home from a 3 week cruising holiday yesterday. I took a Duel Pack with me and managed to get 6 games in during the trip. The Duel Pack survived baggage handlers but looks a bit battered now. Has anyone found a suitable more robust box for the packs out there?

Here is what I did: I acquired some shipping foam and cut a tray that fits everything needed for an 8-player game, all in the RAP box. The rule book and consoles sit on top. The 'AA' deck box you see has 2 full 'A' decks. Shown here, I have 4 Fokker Dr.1 vs 4 Sopwith Camels, but its easy to change them out for 8 of any single-seater type.

I have this box, and another one that is my 'early war' box. That box has 2 each of the Nieuport 11, DH2, Fokker EIII and Halberstadts, along with a 'BB' deck.

The rest of the collection is in other types of boxes with similar foam trays. However sometimes I just want to take something small without hauling the entire collection, and this serves that purpose well.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	1019160936a.jpg 
Views:	70 
Size:	181.2 KB 
ID:	217267

And, here's the 'early war' box:

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_20170220_215203_1.jpg 
Views:	69 
Size:	186.5 KB 
ID:	217268

matt56's Avatar May you forever fly in blue skies.
    Major

Users Country Flag

Name
    Matt
    Sorties Flown

Those look really great, Brian! Wonderful way to use the space

All the best,
    Matt

Thumbs up

That's a great idea Brian!

Have a look at the Really Useful Box Company, you may find something to suit your needs.
    http://www.reallyusefulproducts.co.uk/australia/

Sapiens qui vigilat... "He is wise who watches"

Quote Originally Posted by brdavis View Post
    Here is what I did: I acquired some shipping foam and cut a tray that fits everything needed for an 8-player game, all in the RAP box. [...]

However sometimes I just want to take something small without hauling the entire collection, and this serves that purpose well.
    Brian, this is great. I use two great big storage boxes for my collection so it's kind of all or nothing for me. But I love this idea. Well done!

Here's what I did back in 2014 - still use it every time we play WoG, as a caddy for all the tokens.
    http://www.wingsofwar.org/forums/sho...l=1#post297174

Doubles as an extremely handy carry-and-go way to play pretty much anywhere.

Here is another option. I have seen his stuff at the HMGS cons and bought some of his stuff. The boxes are very sturdy. There are different inserts that may fit you needs.

http://www.davesbaggagetrain.com/

Similar Missions

1. Replies: 69
    Last Post: 05-30-2016, 09:30
  2. Now this is kit building !
    By flash in forum Officer's Club
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 07-25-2014, 03:18
  3. Building the A.E.G. G1V.
    By Flying Officer Kyte in forum Metal and Resin Models
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 09-02-2012, 11:18