Ares Games
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Rival Sky Games now wholesaling Wings of Glory in Australia!!

Thanks Gary! But to be honest, I am really only looking for Bricks & mortar stores. I will be launching www.rivalsky.com.au as an online retail store tonight!!

If online stores contact me wanting stock, sure I won't hold back from supplying them, but its the Bricks & Mortar stores I am actively pursuing
    gotta get them on the shelves again~!

matt56's Avatar May you forever fly in blue skies.
    Major

Users Country Flag

Name
    Matt
    Sorties Flown

So glad to hear your are 'up and running', Evan! Good luck as things progress...

I have thought that OZ has need this sort of thing for a while now, especially with all of the 'down-unders' desiring more attention from Ares and its minions - thank goodness you've stepped up to enter minionhood...

All the best,
    Matt

Good news, I have been given the green light by the Brisbane Gaming Society to run Wings of Glory as a participation game at Briscon from 28-30 April - http://www.wingsofwar.org/forums/sho...-30-April-2017

After a hiatus of a few years Briscon kicked off again last year and is QLD's biggest gaming convention. Emperor's Legions will have a stand at the venue, so it will be a great event to show off the BoB starters and squadron packs, stir up a bit of interest and hopefully move some product.

Hi Evan,

Probably a silly question given your business name but are you doing Sails of Glory as well?

Hi Xen

Congratulations on this one - I only hope that we can generate a big enough income stream for you.

Way back in the dim dark past I bought my first miniatures from the local "Games World' shop at Tea Tree Plaza. They have long since stopped stocking due to (according to them) uncertain supply but they do stock heaps of miniatures for X-Wing. I wonder if it is worth reopening a dialogue with them?

Looking on the interweb, there seems to be 2 distinct Gamesworld stores - here in South Australia (http://www.gamesworldsa.com.au/) and nationally (https://www.gamesworld.com.au/).

Good one Wayne,

I had forgotten about that lot. The Games World in the city actually said they did not stock it because of supply difficulty when I asked them about 18 months ago I think it was.

I see you have the Battle of Britain stuff up on your Gear & Goggles ebay shop as well - http://stores.ebay.com.au/Gears-and-...=p4634.c0.m322

Would you prefer members who are buying online to through the Rival Sky page or ebay?

Hey guys, sorry for the delay.

Probably a silly question given your business name but are you doing Sails of Glory as well?
    Yes, definitely, however I was very disappointed to discover that the starter set is out of stock at Ares, so I don't want to pursue the several stores I had expressing interest in it. I need to wait for the starter to be reprinted, then I will order some in, with all the expansions. I am tempted to buy some of all the expansions, but is just going to sit in my storage until starters are available most likely.

"Games World' shop at Tea Tree Plaza. They have long since stopped stocking due to (according to them) uncertain supply
    Thanks for the tip! And I do have some strategies in place to make supply more certain, given that Ares has a release rate that does allow some starter sets to lapse from time to time.

Would you prefer members who are buying online to through the Rival Sky page or ebay?
    Definitely through my website, as I am in the process of testing the website. Its operational, but only with some of my stock so far. Many fixes and tweaks are on the way. So orders through there are preferred. I also Pay less fee's through my website.

Thanks guys! New BOB unboxing video hopefully coming out tonight

Thumbs up

More good news for Kapow Kollectibles.
    After our Games Club meeting last night 3 Squadron packs were ordered through him today with more stating their interest.

I plan to do a BoB Game using my Starter Box + other BoB stuff I have at our games night 14th March.

And the good news keeps coming! From the Queensland front the Emperor's Legions have taken delivery of the several Battle of Britain Starters and a brace of squadron packs.

There will be Battle of Britain games running at Ace Comics Annerley this Saturday morning

I won't have planes but I'll come come down, what time?

Quote Originally Posted by Whiskysierra View Post
    I won't have planes but I'll come come down, what time?
    I will be there about 9am, Paul is cleaning up his gaming table in the back shop. Be good to catch up.

Good stuff! Ill be playing Friday night at Kayjays Games in Footscray Melbourne, if anyone wants to join please do!

I have applied decals to all the new Squadron Pack aircraft so they are ready for battle tomorrow at Ace Comics.

Check out the Squadron pack review and images here - http://www.wingsofwar.org/forums/sho...and-Ju87-Stuka

Quote Originally Posted by Xen View Post
    Good stuff! Ill be playing Friday night at Kayjays Games in Footscray Melbourne, if anyone wants to join please do!
    Hope your evening went well Evan, I would love to see some AAR pictures.

Quote Originally Posted by Carl_Brisgamer View Post
    Hope your evening went well Evan, I would love to see some AAR pictures.
    Played a game today at Emperor's Legions. We had a customer come to the shop while I was playing and he left with a BoB Starter Set - so it begins!

http://www.wingsofwar.org/forums/sho...gions-Annerley

I'm seeing stock in the local shops; an excellent development.

Xen, do you have any insider information as to when the out-of-stock but in-production planes are expected to be available? The DH.2 in particular?

Hey mate glad to see you are seeing them around.
    Well, they aren't actually in production. Once an Ares line is sold out, they have only reprinted them fast if they sold out very very fast, the Gothas and Caproni's are a good example.
    While the DH2's and Eindeckers sold out over a few years, the Morane Saulniers did not.

So when they do get reprinted, after a long list of others in line first, I expect they will come with different paint schemes.
    I have no insider info on this, just that I know there is no current production for any release except for the new releases.

SO my guess, is Series 3 Wings of War reprint (mid year 2017) Series 4 reprint with the Se5's (no idea when) then its a toss up between the DH2's & Eindeckers series reprint, or the wildcats/zeroes etc reprint. I would guess no earlier than 2019.

Others might have more of an idea than me!

Hi Evan, I take it you will be ordering in the Series 3 WGF reprints?

Ooooooo. So, everything is in fact out of print, and the correct distinction is sold out or not. Then there's a years-long wait for reprints, compounded by any given plane being bound in a series to other products that may take years to sell out.

Excuse me, I need to dash off and buy a couple of Yaks.
    Last edited by Muerto; 03-07-2017 at 17:21.

That is correct!
    Cheers mate, glad to hear more people into the Russian Front!

Hi Evan, I take it you will be ordering in the Series 3 WGF reprints?
    Yes, but they won't be coming as an advance release date or anything like that. Ill have them by Air from USA though so still in time for the standard release date.

Yes, but they won't be coming as an advance release date or anything like that. Ill have them by Air from USA though so still in time for the standard release date.
    It's great that you will stock them Evan, you can put me down for a dozen Albatros D.IIIs right now.

But in regard to the delivery process, well they say a picture paints a thousand words.........

Name:  Portage.jpg
Views: 195
Size:  81.7 KB

Was in Military Hobbies earlier this week purchasing a Duel pack for my grandsons birthday present when I noted the shelf below - BoB starter sets!

Name:  IMG_2541.jpg
Views: 212
Size:  214.3 KB

Hi Evan I ordered two more 109s last night express post, what is the delivery time to QLD?

vonhist

OK so here is my list of Bricks & Mortar stores that I currently have, please add to it if you know of more!

Victoria
    Gatekeeper Games (my local woo)
    Tezza's Games
    Kayjays
    Pro Gamers and Collectables
    Joe Dodgy/Milsims
    Good Games
    Mind Games
    House of War

Queensland
    Vault Games
    Fastbreak Sports
    Ace Comics & Games - Annerley

NSW
    Combat Company
    Games Empire
    Games Paradise
    Frontline Hobbies
    Kapow Collectables

Perth
    Tactics perth

Tasmania
    Area 52

ACT
    Jolt Games http://www.joltgames.com.au/

SA
    Military hobbies Hindmarsh
    Also in Melbourne
    Games Labatory
    GUF Games

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Similar Missions

1. Replies: 0
    Last Post: 01-02-2017, 13:00
  2. Wings of Glory games at Gen Con 2016
    By bgeipel in forum WGF: General Discussions
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 08-10-2016, 01:33
  3. National: Mucca Games (sabato 21/5): Wings of Glory, dai Camel ai TIE
    By Angiolillo in forum Italian Wing
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 05-18-2016, 21:15
  4. 2015 Gencon Wings of Glory games!
    By LingSter in forum WGF: General Discussions
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 05-08-2015, 17:35
  5. Ares Games Wings of Glory contest - minis and Starter Set to be won!
    By Angiolillo in forum WGS: General Discussions
    Replies: 109
    Last Post: 03-20-2012, 13:06