Ares Games

Thread: Rules needed

Default Rules needed

Hi folks. I am new to this site so I hope I am not breaking any conventions. I picked up one of the Italian bombers, need the rules for bombers, and have no easy access to a hobby store. Plus I am not even sure which rules to look for. I would appreciate any help. Thanks.

The complete rules aren't available in PDF but I'm still hoping

However you can find many of the rules here:
    http://www.aresgames.eu/category/dow...of-glory-games

Including some of the heavy bomber rules

This should have most if not all the bomber rules http://www.wingsofwar.org/forums/dow...do=file&id=541

Welcome to the Aerodrome, Corey. May I suggest that you go to the Reporting for Duty section of this site and introduce yourself there, then other members can also welcome you.

The downloads suggested by Ken and Corey will get you started with the game and your bomber, George. For the full rules you need what is called the 'Rules and Accessories Pack'. Unfortunately these can be difficult to find. If your local shop has none, try searching the internet but beware, some people offer them at exorbitant prices. The Aerodrome Store on this site will receive a new stock at some point, if you are prepared to wait.

Name:  800x600_ww1-wings-of-glory_WGF002A.jpg
Views: 380
Size:  87.2 KB

Also check the thread called 'Clipper's List'. He only just closed an auction which included 2 of the rule sets.
    I don't think both sold. He may be willing to sell you one.../

Quote Originally Posted by gak0418 View Post
    Hi folks. I am new to this site so I hope I am not breaking any conventions. I picked up one of the Italian bombers, need the rules for bombers, and have no easy access to a hobby store. Plus I am not even sure which rules to look for. I would appreciate any help. Thanks.
    There should be rules in the box with the aircraft George - at least enough to get you started. If they are missing they are in the files system linked here and there are several others including the original Flight of the Giant rules on this page here
    they are not bang up to date but good enough to make a game from.

"He is wise who watches"

Thanks for the info. There were rules in the plane pack concerning damage but not how to bomb. Three years ago I ran a bomber at Origins, and did fairly well with it, but didn't remember how to bomb. I will have to look for the accessory pack.

Thanks for the replies folks. I decided to bite the bullet and bought one off of eBay. I just got it yesterday and haven't looked at it yet.

Good gaming,
    George
    Last edited by gak0418; 02-07-2017 at 18:28. Reason: adding information

Have a look at these links George, the first is a diagram from the files that demonstrates cards used to bomb
    http://www.wingsofwar.org/forums/dow...=354%20Bombing

second is a thread that demonstrates this with models at different altitudes, speeds and gives you the detail you need to make it work.
    http://www.wingsofwar.org/forums/sho...t-(Revision-C)

"He is wise who watches"

Thanks. The second site was very helpful.

We aim to please George, or, should that be pleased to aim ?! Happy bombing

"He is wise who watches"

George, welcome to the Drome...noticed you hail from Z-Ville...opportunities for combat for you are within a fair drive on 2nd Saturdays in Centerville (@Epic Loot) or 3rd Sundays in Worthington (@The Soldiery). There are active groups in both locales that would be glad to welcome new cannon fodder, oops, I mean a new pilot. Look forward to seeing you at one of these spots, or possibly at Origins in June.

By the way, George, welcome to a great site!

Thanks. I and my grandson plan on being at Origins Fri & Sat and hope to get in a game of FoW. I know Eric A from the Soldiery and game at his dad's house once a month.

I bought a copy of the accessory pack and was not fully happy with the contents. I was expecting a more comprehensive rule book. What are C and D damage cards for? I think Cs are for AAA but Ds look brutal. Are As used for MG fire from trenches? That seems too potent. From reading the Capt. Eddie R. book it seemed like ground fire was not considered a big threat. At least I have figured out the rules for bombing.

I bought a copy of the accessory pack and was not fully happy with the contents. I was expecting a more comprehensive rule book. What are C and D damage cards for? I think Cs are for AAA but Ds look brutal. Are As used for MG fire from trenches? That seems too potent. From reading the Capt. Eddie R. book it seemed like ground fire was not considered a big threat. At least I have figured out the rules for bombing.
    Hi George,

The C deck represents damage from collisions - each aircraft involved draws one card. The D deck is for Anti-Aircraft artillery - the big guns. AA machine guns use the A or B decks as indicated on their cards.

The rules are in there, maybe just not where you would expect to find them.
    Last edited by Carl_Brisgamer; 02-11-2017 at 20:00.

George - D deck is for Le Prieur rocket attacks against balloons not AAA - that's C deck including all special damage unlike collisions which is the C deck which only counts the Boom special damage and just the number for anything else.
    AAMG using A deck is a twin mounted MG, a single is B deck - same as the planes. As Carl says, it's all in there and these rules are the most comprehensive ever released in regards to the game as it brought together all the rules from the various Nexus releases, updated them and put them in one book.

"He is wise who watches"

Quote Originally Posted by flash View Post
    George - D deck is for Le Prieur rocket attacks against balloons not AAA - that's C deck including all special damage unlike collisions which is the C deck which only counts the Boom special damage and just the number for anything else.
    AAMG using A deck is a twin mounted MG, a single is B deck - same as the planes. As Carl says, it's all in there and these rules are the most comprehensive ever released in regards to the game as it brought together all the rules from the various Nexus releases, updated them and put them in one book.
    Dave is 100% right, apologies. I have been looking at WGS stuff today where D chits are used for AA damage - a whole other ruleset to look forward to George!

I bought a copy of the accessory pack and was not fully happy with the contents. I was expecting a more comprehensive rule book. What are C and D damage cards for? I think Cs are for AAA but Ds look brutal...
    Like wrote before C damage is for colissions (page 16) and AA fire (page 32).

D damage is for rockets (page 35).

Some special rules, like firing arcs with altitude Hannover CL or Bristol fighter and crew abilities are described on the Ares Games homepage or are delivered with the minatures, like the engineers of the Zeppelin Staaken bomber or the tunnel gun of the Gotha bomber. So the rulebook covers 98 % of all WoG rules without being expanded with historical fact & stories.
    Voilŕ le soleil d'Austerlitz!

Quote Originally Posted by Carl_Brisgamer View Post
    Dave is 100% right, apologies. I have been looking at WGS stuff today where D chits are used for AA damage - a whole other ruleset to look forward to George!
    Thank goodness for that Carl, I thought the heat had got to you !!

"He is wise who watches"

Quote Originally Posted by flash View Post
    Thank goodness for that Carl, I thought the heat had got to you !!
    That too Dave - it hit 37 degrees Celsius here today, and I'm lucky in living on the coast I get the sea breeze!

We had snow last night but it is thawing now.

Thanks all. I guess I will have to spend some quality time with the rule book and figure all this out.

Ares website:

rules for WW1 and WW2 bombers now available as download PDFs as of 15th Feb 2017 http://www.aresgames.eu/18368
    I laugh in the face of danger - then I hide until it goes away!

Quote Originally Posted by Flying Helmut View Post
    Ares website:

rules for WW1 and WW2 bombers now available as download PDFs as of 15th Feb 2017 http://www.aresgames.eu/18368
    Yeah!

I went on the Origins site and looked at the games list. I didn't see any WoW games scheduled. Did I just miss them? My grandson and I want to get into several.

I hope all of you have a great time at Origins. I and my grandson will not be attending this year. I will be getting a new left knee on June 14. We have had a great time playing WoW and it forced me to do something I had never done at Origins, buy a game.

Good gaming!

Similar Missions

1. Fighting Zeppelins - A comprehensive set of rules needed
    By Nightbomber in forum WGF: House Rules
    Replies: 39
    Last Post: 09-21-2022, 11:33
  2. Slow Aircaft Rules (without special cards needed)
    By Zoe Brain in forum WGS: House Rules
    Replies: 44
    Last Post: 08-03-2021, 06:30
  3. Rules Help Needed Please
    By gamer1701d in forum WGF: General Discussions
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: 02-21-2017, 07:17
  4. Guinea Pigs needed - rules review of new campaign?
    By celticgriffon in forum WGF: Campaign Discussions
    Replies: 24
    Last Post: 04-21-2014, 21:28
  5. new altitude rules in Rules and Accessories Pack?
    By Gallo Rojo in forum WGF: General Discussions
    Replies: 17
    Last Post: 08-09-2012, 15:12