Ares Games

Thread: Great Yarmouth Air Show 2017

Default Great Yarmouth Air Show 2017

There is going to be an air show on the seafront at Great Yarmouth for the first time ( I think), Thursday 15th to Sunday 18th June 2017. If you wish to find out more, go to http://www.great-yarmouth.co.uk/air-show/

Thanks for the Heads up Dave.
    Rob.
    "Courage is the art of being the only one who knows you're scared to death."

Good to have another on the calendar, too far for me but those more local should make the most of it.

Sapiens qui vigilat "He is wise who watches"

Cancelled
    Haven Great Yarmouth Air Show
    The Board of the Greater Yarmouth Tourism and Business Improvement Area (GYTABIA) has decided to postpone the Great Yarmouth Air Show due to take place in June 2017.
    GYTABIA Chairman, Gareth Brown, said: “It is extremely disappointing that the air show cannot happen this year. This decision has been made due to significantly higher than anticipated additional costs of more than Ł130,000 associated with counter-terrorism measures and medical cover for the air show. As with any event of this scale and ambition, it is vital to take as much time as necessary to put the required measures in place to ensure the event will be safe, that it is a success and that the benefits for everyone are realised."
    Mr Brown added: “Much has already been achieved; the GYTABIA Air Show Management Group has already invested many hundreds of hours into planning the event. None of this effort has been lost and we have developed strong relationships with local agencies and emergency services. We will now review our budgets so the Board can reassess the air show plans in light of these additional costs.”

Lets hope they do not cancel due to excessive insurance Premiums

I'm learning to fly, but I ain't got wings
    Coming down is the hardest thing

That is really sad news. We will just have to wait to see whether there can be a show in the future.

Similar Missions

1. Cancon 2017
    By Zoe Brain in forum Australian Wing
    Replies: 23
    Last Post: 07-31-2017, 22:02
  2. Ohio: Origins 2017
    By OldGuy59 in forum US Wing
    Replies: 22
    Last Post: 06-18-2017, 08:59
  3. Pražský Con 2017
    By Dan-Sam in forum Czechoslovak Wing
    Replies: 21