Ares Games

Thread: WINGS OF WAR GAME NIGHT IN NASHVILLE, TN. ON 30 NOV.

Default WINGS OF WAR GAME NIGHT IN NASHVILLE, TN. ON 30 NOV.

I will be hosting a game night of Wings of War at the Gameskeep, located on Lebanon Rd. in Hermitage, Tn (Greater Nashville area... you can find the address on Google)

Day/Date: Tuesday, 30 November

We'll start set up at 6pm, and begin playing between 6:30 and 7pm. I'll be providing everything needed to play, but anyone else is welcome to bring additional planes if they'd like.

Brian,

Hope it goes well! Love to see some after action info...

The games went well. My Brother and I each flew an Abatross DIII, paired against two Nieuport 17's. In the first combat, my brother quickly dispatched bot the N-17's (with a little help from me on downing the second one).

During the next encounter, and SPAD XIII came to the aid of the two Nieuports, and it really made a difference. Outnumbered 3-2, the two Albatross' where in trouble. My Brother went down, and then I downed one of the N-17's.

In the next two fights we had a few collisions which sent at least one plane spiraling down. In eh end, everything seemed to be pretty well balanced out. The SPAD XIII is much quicker, and it's pilot had to learn to adjust his maneuvers to compensate for it's greater speed, lest he always overshoot the Albatross' when he'd try to maneuver into position to bring his guns on us.

During the final fight, my brother's Albatroos caught fire, and finally succumbed to flames and went down. I downed one of the N-17's but ended up with a wounded pilot and damaged rudders (as well as a badly shot up plane). I ended up doing a few sets of power dives to barely escaped.

I didn't take any pictures of the games, but I did snap a pic or two of the newly received Transport Hangars offered from the Aerodrome Accessories here on this site:
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Foam Trays 3.jpg   Foam Trays 2.jpg  

Similar Missions

1. Wings of war board game computer game?
    By =Binks= in forum Officer's Club
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: 09-03-2019, 15:00
  2. Exciting dogfight at La Crosse Game Night
    By rrodrick in forum WGF: Mission Discussions
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 10-09-2010, 16:38
  3. Wings of War - How a Game Learns to Fly
    By Angiolillo in forum WGF: General Discussions
    Replies: 25
    Last Post: 07-01-2010, 09:13
  4. 'Wings' the cinmascope amiga game