Ares Games

Thread: Translation Tools

Default Translation Tools

Sure a few have also experienced the frustration of seeing what is obviously an interesting post but unable to read due to foreign language.

In a recent post an officer posted a bit of information about using Google Chrome's Translate to resolve the problem.

Made me wonder if such a service was available in my browser (Safari) and delighted to find it listed under Safari Extensions. Simple download and reboot.

Made me further wonder if it would be possible for the "Powers That Be" to install a translation tool as part of the Aerodrome to enable those of us who are not conversant in Italian, Spanish, Polish, German, Japanese, or Scots' Gaelic to enjoy our foreign counterparts witty posts. (Had to toss in the Gaelic just in case).

Any thoughts?

Quote Originally Posted by redcoon2 View Post

Made me further wonder if it would be possible for the "Powers That Be" to install a translation tool as part of the Aerodrome to enable those of us who are not conversant in Italian, Spanish, Polish, German, Japanese, or Scots' Gaelic to enjoy our foreign counterparts witty posts. (Had to toss in the Gaelic just in case).

Any thoughts?
    None whatever! Ask Keith.

Kyte.
    "Courage is the art of being the only one who knows you're scared to death."

Quote Originally Posted by redcoon2 View Post
    Sure a few have also experienced the frustration of seeing what is obviously an interesting post but unable to read due to foreign language.

In a recent post an officer posted a bit of information about using Google Chrome's Translate to resolve the problem.

Made me wonder if such a service was available in my browser (Safari) and delighted to find it listed under Safari Extensions. Simple download and reboot.

Any thoughts?
    What about the French

I'm learning to fly, but I ain't got wings
    Coming down is the hardest thing

Quote Originally Posted by tikkifriend View Post
    What about the French
    Do they have trouble with understanding the Garlic too? That does surprise me Paul.
    Kyte.

OOh La La Rob

Currently there are no translation mods for vBulletin.... :-(
    Ken Head - "The Cowman"
    “You're only given a little spark of madness. You mustn't lose it.” Robin Williams

A crash course in Esperanto could be called for here.

Quote Originally Posted by The Cowman View Post
    Currently there are no translation mods for vBulletin.... :-(
    Cheers Ken,
    I guessed that might be the case, but did not want to stick my neck out in case I was wrong.
    Rob.

Similar Missions

1. Translation Help Please
    By prymus in forum WGF: Historical Discussions
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 08-05-2014, 07:59
  2. Help with correction of english translation
    By Dan-Sam in forum Officer's Club
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 11-13-2013, 05:06
  3. Kasta / Kagohl translation
    By Johann von Hof in forum WGF: General Discussions
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 07-30-2013, 04:15
  4. TOOLS
    By BobP in forum Hobby Room
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 05-05-2012, 14:09
  5. Has Ken got his own range of tools now?
    By Guntruck in forum Officer's Club
    Replies: 16
    Last Post: 03-16-2011, 16:03