Ares Games

Thread: Which Glue to use?

Default Which Glue to use?

I have a questions of the glues.

I don't know if I can use the same glue for both of my needs.

I need some glue for acrylics such as I can get from Litko. The last time I got a terrible fog on the pieces.

Also I have two planes on which something has broken. Can I use a super glue from Home Depot or should I use the same type of glue that I might use above? Is there a local glue that I can pick up that doesn't fog? From Home Depot, Michaels or Lowes?

I use BSI super glue which comes in different curing times. There is one that cures very slowly but is more liquid or free flowing. The one I use has a purple label and says 10-15 sec curing time. You can get these at hobby stores. Another place is Micro Mark, which sell many things for the hobbyist.

I have posted this before in the past. The trick to not frosting your clear plastic parts is AIR FLOW. After you glue them together make sure they have a decent air flow, like a fan, or even blowing on them every minute or so. This will chase the Vapor away, which is the cause of the frosting. I have glued many a Litko part frost-free this way. I just glued a bunch of windows in some model Railroad buildings today the same way. I have been using this technique for years and years and years. It works and is simple. You need to keep the air flowing to chase away the glue vapors.

Similar Missions

1. Glue for Acrylics
    By Ken at Sunrise in forum WGF: General Discussions
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 12-11-2016, 14:23
  2. Best glue for planes?
    By idle twitch in forum WGF: General Discussions
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 12-11-2016, 14:21
  3. Litko and super glue
    By Ken at Sunrise in forum Hobby Room
    Replies: 17