Ares Games

View Poll Results: Which historical time period will our next film be set in?

Voters
24. You may not vote on this poll
  • The American Revolution

1 4.17%
  • The American Civil War

3 12.50%
  • World War I

17 70.83%
  • World War II

3 12.50%

Thread: Creating a new short film!

Default Creating a new short film!

UPDATE: We've also started a Facebook page! See post #9

Hey guys!

As many of you know, I make YouTube videos from time to time. While the majority of the videos on my channel are PC gaming or board gaming related, sometimes my brothers, cousins, and I collaborate to produce cinematic short films for my channel. Together we become the dynamic team Rookie Ace Productions! You can see a playlist of our short films here on our YouTube channel if you’re interested:https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=adSc7XRK-ak&list=P...

Currently, we are working on a historical short film. Our tentative plan is to commence actual shooting of the film in late September/early October 2017, and to release the film in spring 2018.

Creating short films like this takes plenty of time, effort, and money. As our films become more complex, it is becoming increasingly-difficult for us to fund our endeavors out-of-pocket. That’s where Patreon comes in!
    https://www.patreon.com/user?u=4262758

On our Patreon page, for as little as $1 a month, you can make it possible for us to do a better job doing what we love by allowing us to invest in better equipment, software, and costumes. In turn, we’ll release a special update video every month for our patrons, letting them experience the creative journey along with us as we take this film from idea to execution. Patrons will get to see our storyboards, behind the scenes footage, and tangible examples of what their investments allow us to purchase for our upcoming film!

Finally, since patrons are only charged each time we post our monthly update, patrons will only be charged monthly during the time we are actually working on our film. Once we finish our film, the updates will stop, and patrons will no longer be billed.

Think of your support on Patreon as a “tip” of sorts. There is no obligation (or hard feelings) if you choose not to support us in this manner. But, if you enjoy our films and want to show your appreciation by supporting us on Patreon, we would certainly be grateful.

In the meantime, feel free to take a guess at what time period the film will be set in!

Thank-you for your consideration!
    - Cole & the Rookie Ace Productions Team

EDIT: We have found that currently there is a bug with Patreon where if you register an account with them, it says you have an invalid email address after you click "Submit." Chances are it went through anyway. Check your email to see if you got an email from Patreon asking you to verify your email address. If you did, your email went through just fine.
    Last edited by HotleadColdfeet; 05-16-2017 at 17:10.

Thumbs up

Good Luck for the project Cole.
    My vote is WW1!

I go with WWI also.
    Rob.
    "Courage is the art of being the only one who knows you're scared to death."

I see most of us are selecting WWI - but ACW would suit me just fine as well.

I thought we were supposed to be guessing which one they would choose, not indicating our preferences otherwise I would have gone for the Revolution.
    Rob.

Hi guys! Thanks for voting!

In answer to the poll's question, we are creating a short film set during the American Civil War. The story will revolve around a single Union soldier as he struggles through the dilemmas of fighting his own countrymen. I can't reveal much more than that currently, but I can say that we are making definite progress with the story and script. We're looking forward to shooting the film in autumn and sharing the result with you in spring 2018!

I look forward to seeing your next release Cole.
    Rob.

Quote Originally Posted by HotleadColdfeet View Post
    In answer to the poll's question, we are creating a short film set during the American Civil War.
    Yay!
    Got it right!

Now, where can I get a Lottery ticket...............................?
    I laugh in the face of danger - then I hide until it goes away!

Hey guys!

We've been making a lot of progress on our film. We've already started buying our first props and are looking at making a big purchase for most of our uniforms, gear, and other props within a few weeks. Needless to say, we're very excited as we come closer to shooting the film!

We've also started a Facebook page for our film company, where we will be posting monthly video updates and other content related to our progress on the film. If you're interested in what we're doing, feel free to follow us there and hear the latest updates first.
    https://www.facebook.com/RookieAceProductions/

Lemme think .... American Revolution No
    American Civil War No
    World War I Absolutely
    World War II Only if it involves B17 fleets and No Martians.

I voted ww1. nice to see the drome has a facebook now. sadly i don't have a facebook account.

Best wishes for a successful movie!

Good luck guys - that's some undertaking

Similar Missions

1. General Film footage of Short 184 and Felixstowe F2A
    By Prodromoi in forum WGF: Historical Discussions
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 12-24-2015, 23:38
  2. Detective For A Day short film coming soon!
    By HotleadColdfeet in forum Officer's Club
    Replies: 13
    Last Post: 10-12-2015, 21:17
  3. Short Film: "FORTRESS"
    By csadn in forum Officer's Club
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 05-13-2015, 23:36
  4. "The Oceanmaker" -- short film
    By csadn in forum Officer's Club
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 05-03-2015, 04:33
  5. The History of Warfare short film