Ares Games

Thread: The Wright Flight is at it again this coming Saturday!

matt56's Avatar May you forever fly in blue skies.
    Major

Users Country Flag

Name
    Matt
    Sorties Flown

Default The Wright Flight is at it again this coming Saturday!

This coming Saturday is, once again, the Second Saturday of the Month! That means there is WWI action in the air above the gaming tables at Epic Loot in Centerville, Ohio...

The store opens at 11:00, so we'll try to be airborne by 11:30 at the latest - and a late lunch will probably be in the offing at one of the local watering holes...

Not sure yet what the scenario(s) will be, but I'm thinking I need to bring along a couple of dragons and try a version of Karl's (Jager's) Dragonhunt scenario with the group.

It should be a fun time - come out if you're in the neighborhood. PM me for directions if you are so inclined.

All the best,
    Matt

Hey my friend!

The Imperial Assault Regionals are at noon there on Saturday. Ann and I had talked about possibly registering for that and coming down. My timing is terrible of late!
    Ken Head - "The Cowman"
    “You're only given a little spark of madness. You mustn't lose it.” Robin Williams

Weather permitting I'll look forward to seeing you all there.

Major

Users Country Flag

Name
    Matt
    Sorties Flown

It would be great to see you folks! If the regional Star Wars event is going on, we may be in the small room again - it works just as well as the big one!

All the best,
    Matt

Major

Users Country Flag

Name
    Matt
    Sorties Flown

Lots of fun flying today - Felixstowe and Camel against a couple of Fokker DVIIs and a Siemens-Schuckert - MAN, that flying boat has a LOT of guns!

Second game was a dragon against German and British single-seaters, plus the dreaded Felixstowe - the Felixstowe is the B-17 of WWI! Crazy good with guns...

I shall try to get Ray to post some pictures, or send me some to post.

Looking forward to next time - great to see Thomas Coon and Ken Head and Anne (even though the latter two came down for Imperial Assault...)!

All the best,
    Matt

I had never looked at a Felixstowe before so I pulled out my Flight of the Giants set. Wow, 5 guns! I just got one before Xmas when Shapeways had a 25% off sale. It just jumped up to near the top of my painting list. (have to make sure I first get all I neet to do for Cold Wars and Origins!) Hope you get to post some of the photos.

Major

Users Country Flag

Name
    Matt
    Sorties Flown

Ray posted a bunch to The Wright Flight's page on Facebook - don't know if you Facebook or not, Peter...

I shall contact him today to see if he can post some here. The Felixstowe definitely became a top priority on the Shapeways list next time I order!

All the best,
    Matt

It was good seeing all of you as well! I will figure out a way for Ann and I to make up for our defection. We gave in to the dark side. But it was fun. And they had pizza.

Quote Originally Posted by matt56 View Post
    Lots of fun flying today - Felixstowe and Camel against a couple of Fokker DVIIs and a Siemens-Schuckert - MAN, that flying boat has a LOT of guns!

Second game was a dragon against German and British single-seaters, plus the dreaded Felixstowe - the Felixstowe is the B-17 of WWI! Crazy good with guns...

Looking forward to next time - great to see Thomas Coon and Ken Head and Anne (even though the latter two came down for Imperial Assault...)!

All the best,
    Matt
    Ken Head - "The Cowman"
    “You're only given a little spark of madness. You mustn't lose it.” Robin Williams

For those who have not yet experienced the Felixstowe...keep well clear and especially avoid the left front arc of fire. Yeeesh! Also has rhino hide for skin...fortunately the guns jam like any others.

Quote Originally Posted by matt56 View Post

All the best,
    Matt
    How did the dragon do, Matt; barbequed aviator or dragon steaks at the aerodrome
    Karl
    It is impossible for a man to begin to learn what he thinks he knows. -- Epictetus

Major

Users Country Flag

Name
    Matt
    Sorties Flown

Ultimately dragon steaks, Karl, after he had downed a couple of pesky planes...the Felixstowe was a killer - so many guns. It was five to one - two Brits and three Germans taking on one another and the dragon. We sort of came to the conclusion that a fair ratio would be four planes to one dragon (as long as they're all single-seaters). But it was a lot of fun, so we'll do it again sometime soon.

All the best,
    Matt

Salutations Matt!

Okay, here are pictures from last Saturday's game including the DRAGON! That thing was a tough critter.

Yeah - that Felixstowe was tough, but it still went down in the first game and had 20 damage points accumulated from fighting the dragon.

regards,

Ray

A couple of shots of a custom D VII - one of Jim's I believe.

Name:  custom D VII.JPG
Views: 94
Size:  30.7 KB

Name:  D VII 2.JPG
Views: 91
Size:  34.6 KB

Get if off me! Get it off me!
    Name:  Dagon on the Felix.JPG
Size:  42.5 KB

Name:  dragon 1.JPG
Views: 92
Size:  41.3 KB

Name:  Dragon 2.JPG
Views: 93
Size:  45.6 KB

The amount of damage dished out by the Felixstowe on a single movement card.
    Name:  felix 1 turn damage.JPG
Views: 96
Size:  41.3 KB

Name:  Felix 1.JPG
Views: 91
Size:  33.6 KB

Name:  FElix 2 a.JPG
Size:  38.7 KB

Name:  Felix 2 shootdown.JPG
Views: 86
Size:  39.7 KB

Name:  felix head on.JPG
Views: 95
Size:  47.5 KB

The crew gaming at Epic Loot.
    Name:  The Crew.JPG
Views: 92
Size:  41.2 KB

Thanks for posting the photos Ray. Now everyone will want a Dragon and Felixstowe.

Major

Users Country Flag

Name
    Matt
    Sorties Flown

These are great, Ray! Thanks for the quick response

You always take such good happy-snappies!

All the best,
    Matt

Similar Missions

1. Replies: 0
    Last Post: 10-04-2016, 13:12
  2. Replies: 0
    Last Post: 09-07-2016, 02:52
  3. Replies: 1
    Last Post: 08-10-2016, 19:11
  4. Replies: 3
    Last Post: 06-08-2016, 10:05
  5. Replies: 6