Ares Games

Thread: Some repaints

Default Some repaints

Hi chaps,
    a couple of pics of some repaints I have done. Would appreciate any comments, critisisms etc.
    Have a decco at my album Boney10 album. Ill be addind a few more pics soon

Chris, could not get the pictures to come up.

Went to your Profile page to look at the pictures. If you are looking for critisism you won't find it here. You have done some very nice work. All of the planes look great!! Did you modify the middle wing of the Sopwith Triplane?

Hi Chris,
    I also had problems with the link, but had a look via your album and they looked great

I'm going to have to get one of those Skyrex Sopwith Tri-planes.

Cheers Aled

Hmmm....had same problem...but they look good

Quote Originally Posted by Boney10 View Post
    Hi chaps,
    a couple of pics of some repaints I have done. Would appreciate any comments, critisisms etc.
    Have a decco at my album Boney10 album. Ill be addind a few more pics soon

http://www.wingsofwar.org/forums/pic...pictureid=5729

http://www.wingsofwar.org/forums/pic...pictureid=5727
    The only critisism I have is that they aren't mine!! Good looking aircraft!

Very very nice Chris! I am jealous of your artistic chromosomes and your obviously steady hands!
    Ken Head - "The Cowman"
    “You're only given a little spark of madness. You mustn't lose it.” Robin Williams

Some nice looking aircraft there. My only criticism is lighting related. Try and snag some with out such bright lighting/glare. Some of the rather excellent details are lost in the glare of the photos.

I highly recommend Picasa from Google as a simple touch up program for coloring/contrast/lighting. It can do wonders making your picture look more like real life while still being vibrant enough to see online.

I fixed the links. The repaints look really good man! Thanks for sharing them.

Very nice Chris. I particularly like the German Camel. Shame the first photo is a bit washed out as it's difficult to see the detail on the models

It is great to see what a wealth of talent we have here on the drome. Even with the lighting difficulty, the quality shines through (pun intended). I am amazed at the steady hand you have on the details. A great set of repaints.(Note to self) I must drink more to steady my own hand.
    Rob.
    "Courage is the art of being the only one who knows you're scared to death."

5 years on Herforder pils & then Peroni Sorry about the lighting gents (stewpid digital camera) Ill try and to make them better. Hope to have full collection on soon. This has a coulple of extra Balloons 7 a couple of Albatross & Fokkers.
    Greg the only mod of the Trip is I think I got the bottom wing back to front (sigh) just hoping no one noticed, here have a pint of Tetleys to cover it up

Excellent job there my friend.

Lucky.

Default from ronald

looking good!!!

Just added a couple of pics to my album would appreciate comments, mainly on the picture quality as first attempts were not good.

http://www.wingsofwar.org/forums/pic...pictureid=6372

http://www.wingsofwar.org/forums/pic...pictureid=6371

Hope the links work if not Col can you work your magic again
    Chris

The pics look fine to me, and it is hard for me to see details. i think you did well to get the shot before that giant fog bank overwhelmed the area.
    Rob.

Yes Sir, luckily the fog/cloud stopped the incursion

Great pics and great repaints! I love how the dark colored Albatros is in a steep dive to avoid the incoming fog...

...and I like that fog bank idea... might have to use that sometime... (Shorter firing range... chance to hit friendly aircraft... throw in some barrage balloons that are completely hidden... could make for a really quick scenario!)
    Ken Head - "The Cowman"
    “You're only given a little spark of madness. You mustn't lose it.” Robin Williams

Default from ronald

cool!!! like it!!!the cloud is cool !!!! like the prop's to!

Love the pics..what do you use to make it look like the props are spinning?

Quote Originally Posted by Wodin View Post
    That secret can be revealed by going to the British user group forum, where there is a thread on how they are made. You can find it under the title Propeller on page 3. next to the picture of Joanna. I think that is how the accident happened chaps.
    Rob.

Quote Originally Posted by Flying Officer Kyte View Post
    That secret can be revealed by going to the British user group forum, where there is a thread on how they are made. You can find it under the title Propeller on page 3. next to the picture of Joanna. I think that is how the accident happened chaps.
    Rob.
    Nooooooo.... I have been denied!!! I suppose I am going to have to pay one of you fellows to find out the secret!!
    Ken Head - "The Cowman"

Quote Originally Posted by The Cowman View Post
    Nooooooo.... I have been denied!!! I suppose I am going to have to pay one of you fellows to find out the secret!!
    No problem Ken. With your fine manual dexterity, and an electron microscope, you will have no trouble assembling the tiny little engine. or you could just join the British user group.
    Rob.

Hi chaps glad you like, have more but for some reason my camers doesnt like closeup, they all blurr. Got a couple of SQN23 Spad XIII, Brisfit, Sopwith Tripes and a DR1 repaint of Voss.
    Anyway guys if you want to see the spinning prop go to Brit page as UK Winco says or PM me and Ill tell you.

Very nice! I'm hoping to do some of my repaints soon.

Hunter

Quote Originally Posted by Wodin View Post
    Is it any different that the method discussed in this thread?

http://www.wingsofwar.org/forums/showthread.php?t=2186

Quote Originally Posted by tuladin View Post
    Is it any different that the method discussed in this thread?

http://www.wingsofwar.org/forums/showthread.php?t=2186
    Totally different. Don't listen to him chaps!! Oh nooooo. Too late now they all know.
    Rob.

Love the Biff, but that Yellow and lozenge pattern is just showing off Chris. Wonderful my boy. What a bus to fly into the frey indeed.
    Rob.

Good old Brisfit....Derek Robinsons book bought these to life for me...hate flying them in Over Flanders Field phase 3 though...

Similar Missions

1. Repaints
    By Boney10 in forum Hobby Room
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 11-06-2010, 02:33
  2. Series 4 Repaints
    By Belis4rius in forum Hobby Room
    Replies: 26
    Last Post: 10-28-2010, 13:54
  3. Jasta "Boelcke" Albatros D3 repaints
    By IRM in forum Hobby Room
    Replies: 16