Ares Games

Thread: 1915 Villar Perosa Machine gun.

Default 1915 Villar Perosa Machine gun.

One for the Mechanisms buffs.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NAsH0fVAoxc

Rob.
    "Courage is the art of being the only one who knows you're scared to death."

That is another interesting 'find', Rob. It could mean that an early Italian two-seater should have an A rating for its observer's gun position and maybe a special rule about reloading.

Very Nice Gun it would be a kick to fire it.

Quote Originally Posted by Naharaht View Post
    That is another interesting 'find', Rob. It could mean that an early Italian two-seater should have an A rating for its observer's gun position and maybe a special rule about reloading.
    With that 12-1500rpm rof and the 25rnd mags I'd give it 1 phase of A gun fire , or 2 of B but only 1 card of either and only at short range as its a SMG, reloads as normal.
    Interesting piece though.

Sapiens qui vigilat... "He is wise who watches"

Quote Originally Posted by Naharaht View Post
    It's firing 9mm pistol ammo -- that counters the RoF advantage. Also, the pistol round's accuracy falls off well before a rifle-calibre round, so there'd be a range problem as well.

Thumbs up

Interesting find Rob.
    I had not heard of or seen one of those.

Quote Originally Posted by flash View Post
    With that 12-1500rpm rof and the 25rnd mags I'd give it 1 phase of A gun fire , or 2 of B but only 1 card of either and only at short range as its a SMG, reloads as normal.
    Interesting piece though.
    Given the pistol ammo, even with two barrels and a good RoF, I'd only rate it as a B gun. an alternative might be a single A at short range, and a single B at long.
    Karl
    It is impossible for a man to begin to learn what he thinks he knows. -- Epictetus

That sounds like a good compromise to me Karl. We don't want it too powerful for its contemporaries.
    Rob.
    "Courage is the art of being the only one who knows you're scared to death."

Quote Originally Posted by Jager View Post
    Given the pistol ammo, even with two barrels and a good RoF, I'd only rate it as a B gun. an alternative might be a single A at short range, and a single B at long.
    Karl
    I gave it a single burst of A at short range because, fired as a pair, it's putting 50 rounds downrange in 1 second - fired individually it's putting out 25 rds in 1 second so I give that a B x 2 bursts. For comparison a Lewis puts out about 10 rnds per second, a MG14 a few more than that. I didn't give it a long range capability at all as it's a pistol round.
    As it's up against pretty frail machines in 1915 that seems proportionate & different to the usual load out - a short sharp shock might keep them at bay.
    Last edited by flash; 01-02-2017 at 10:41.

Sapiens qui vigilat... "He is wise who watches"

Similar Missions

1. The Flying Machine
    By Baxter in forum Officer's Club
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 12-22-2016, 00:10
  2. The best looking machine
    By Baxter in forum WGS: Historical Discussions
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 07-28-2012, 15:09
  3. Lewis Machine Gun
    By Mike W in forum Hobby Room