Ares Games
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Preview of WW1 bombers and Series 5 models

The DoW series looks ready for release are they in production now?

DoW Series 3 has been already produced, for the rest the process is going on.

What I meant is that I am quite involved in the choice of versions and color schemes and such, but not in the modelling - so I choosed as by guidelines two very different G.Vs, but if details of the G.IV have been modelled instead I can not help that.

Quote Originally Posted by gully_raker View Post
    G'day Chaps!
    here is one of the darker lozenge camo Gotha that Angiollio posted on the Aerodrome Forum.
    And on this very forum too :

http://www.wingsofwar.org/forums/sho...5-models/page2

Signor A., were the two Gothas based on the Korth and Aschoff cards in Flight of the Giants, or two all-new versions? Also, are the French and Italian Capronis and the He111s and B-25s all units with cards in the box-sets, or completely new?

Thanks!
    Historical Consultant/Researcher, Wings and Sails lines - Unless stated otherwise, all comments are personal opinion only and NOT official Ares policy.
    Wings Checklists: WWI (down Navarre Nieuport, Ares Drachens) | WWII (complete)

Users Country Flag

Name
    Steve
    Sorties Flown

I must say that I'm waiting with baited breath. Why does it always take so long??? Okie

Quote Originally Posted by Okie View Post
    I must say that I'm waiting with baited breath. Why does it always take so long??? Okie
    Steve old chap, you have just asked the Million Dollar question. We have been debating that one for years without getting an answer. I have given up on that one and gone on to easier conundrums such as," How long is a piece of string".
    Rob.
    "Courage is the art of being the only one who knows you're scared to death."

Models come from boxes, not new versions. WWI from "Flight of the Giants", WW2 gfrom "Rain of Destructions". They will come with base, card, management card, maneuvre deck.

Quote Originally Posted by Angiolillo View Post
    Models come from boxes, not new versions. WWI from "Flight of the Giants", WW2 gfrom "Rain of Destructions". They will come with base, card, management card, maneuvre deck.
    Thanks Andrea, All my funds are tapped out till after Origins so it makes the waiting easier than hunting for money and everyone snatching them up.

Tom

Hunter's Avatar May you forever fly in blue skies
    Users Country Flag

Name
    Terry
    Sorties Flown

Just rolling over...no one has awakened me yet to tell me they're here...so I'm going back to my nap.
    - Rip van Winkle

Quote Originally Posted by Angiolillo View Post
    Thanks, Maestro!
    Historical Consultant/Researcher, Wings and Sails lines - Unless stated otherwise, all comments are personal opinion only and NOT official Ares policy.
    Wings Checklists: WWI (down Navarre Nieuport, Ares Drachens) | WWII (complete)

I just saw that FRP games is taking preorders for the WWI bombers.

Quote Originally Posted by Skullduggery View Post
    $34 reduced to $27.91

Thanks for the heads up!!!
    1 of each now on order.
    Now I must go camp at the mailbox!

Voss

Quote Originally Posted by Zoe Brain View Post
    $34 reduced to $27.91
    Not bad! Thanks for the heads up!

Hmm no german shop has WoG as pre-orders.

Nothing on the Alliance site yet either.
    Karl
    It is impossible for a man to begin to learn what he thinks he knows. -- Epictetus

Nice find! It's nice to know how much they will be selling for

Quote Originally Posted by Dwarflord22 View Post
    Nice find! It's nice to know how much they will be selling for
    Yes it is, and a better price than I was expecting. Now where can we place a pre order here in Dear old Blighty?
    Got to get my Christmas pressies in the pipeline even if Santa is going to be a bit late delivering. Still what can you expect. There is a war on you know.
    Kyte.

Hunter's Avatar May you forever fly in blue skies
    Users Country Flag

Name
    Terry
    Sorties Flown

A couple of days ago I got an email from FRP saying that they had problems with filling my pre-order (from August), for the WWII series and were refunding my money. They didn't elaborate as to what the problems were. So I hope you guys get your bombers okay.

This was posted by Andrea for Yahoo Groups today

In Nervesa della battaglia, on the shores of the Piave river where Italians and Austrains fought for years, and just downhill from the Montello where our Ace of Aces Francesco Baracca was found after being shot down, Mr. Zanardo is building a flying Caproni Ca.3, to be added to his collection ranging from a replica Dr.I to Baracca's SPAD XIII:

http://webcommunity.ilvolo.it/capron...on-t13607.html

More on Youtube:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kz2c8m1gJmw

This is not a real new, his work has bein going on for long and it has not come to the end yet.

But it is a nice introduction to tell that several thousands of chilometres east of there, the production of WGF Capronis and Gothas is almost finished. A few more weeks for packaging and shipping and they will be released. 4 of them, the ones illustrated there

http://www.boardgamegeek.com/images/...ers-rules-pack

sold in individual packages with their base, maneuvre cards, management card, plane card, counters and essential rules.

This is just a little insight for you. Precise released date and data will surely come at due point from Ares.

All the best,

Andrea

* Takes hammer...walks to piggy-bank...*

Great news Andrea! Tthanks!

The building of a giant like that is awe inspiring. The largest project that I ever took part in was building a sail boat, and that was what seemed like a big project at the time.
    Thanks for the heads up on this one Don.
    Rob.

Thumbs up

Looks like the Feb/March release date should be easily achievable & that great news

Fantastic ,just can't wait even thinking of getting into ww2 as well now

Quote Originally Posted by gully_raker View Post
    Looks like the Feb/March release date should be easily achievable & that great news
    Except they were listed as a January release

Quote Originally Posted by Oberst Hajj View Post
    Except they were listed as a January release
    According to this report on Ares Games website is the January term real for WWI bombers

Wow great! IIRC this would be the only WWI replica of a bomber which is able to fly.

Quote Originally Posted by Dan-Sam View Post
    According to this report on Ares Games website is the January term real for WWI bombers
    Thanks for the info, Dan Sam.

I WANT TO PREORDER NOW!
    Voilŕ le soleil d'Austerlitz!

That report is out of date. They update their Upcoming Products page more often. They are not showing for Jan or Feb right now.

Quote Originally Posted by Oberst Hajj View Post
    That report is out of date. They update their Upcoming Products page more often. They are not showing for Jan or Feb right now.
    Have we not been here before Herr Oberst?
    Rob.

Have we not been here before Herr Oberst?

(but I hope not!)

Can anyone give an update on whatever became of the beautiful early war planes that were due to be released? Is Ares going to make them? Are others beyond that planned? I IRC Tripes and Hanriots were series 6 planes... what were the German planes?

I need to shoot Bill a note, but so far 12-7, Min Market and CSI don't even have the Starter that I've seen--and MM still has the 4 in the Starter listed as singles like they were originally planned.

The original list wae as follows Tim. :-

Series 5. Morane Sauliner N. Fokker E3. Airco DH2. Halberstadt DIII.

Series 6. Sopwith Triplane. Aviatik DI. Hanriot HDI. Siemans Schukert DIII.

Series 7. F2B Bristol Fighter. CI. II over which some confusion, and no other named machines.
    Rob.
    Last edited by Flying Officer Kyte; 12-17-2011 at 01:01.

Thank you Rob,

Is Ares planing to make any of these planes? Are there going to be new decks? What is a GCI?

Quote Originally Posted by Timothy Pray View Post
    Thank you Rob,

Is Ares planing to make any of these planes? Are there going to be new decks? What is a GCI?
    No one knows the answer to your first question Tim. Decks are already available in the Blister packs for these aircraft. GCI is my bad typing. I have amended it, but as I said in my post, no one is quite sure.
    Rob.

I would be willing to bet that we still will see those planes come out as minis. The order could be mixed up a bit though.

*sighs and goes to save money for the bombers*

I hope series 5/6 planes get released too, since I still lack that official Aviatik Berg D.I miniature.

Quote Originally Posted by Flying Officer Kyte View Post
    GCI is my bad typing.
    I beg to differ. GCI stands for Ground Control Intercept, and it is a force multiplier that the foundation of Command and Control (C2). C2 allows airpower to become the truly focused and terrible weapon envisioned by Douhet and Mitchell (among others). GCI was first effectively used at the Battle of Britain, and continues in today as Ground Tactical Air Control System units, or Airborne Early Warning units.

But that's probably for another thread. I'm excited about any new minis! It's been too long.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Similar Missions

1. Taking Down Bombers
    By Hamburger in forum WGF: Mission Discussions
    Replies: 14
    Last Post: 10-07-2010, 13:27
  2. More WW1 Bombers
    By Bedlam in forum Hobby Room
    Replies: 16
    Last Post: 09-28-2010, 05:34
  3. Flight of the Giants hands on sneak preview
    By Air Battle Mgr in forum WGF: General Discussions