Ares Games

Thread: Crew damage tokens with He111

Default Crew damage tokens with He111

I dont have the WW2 Rules and Accessories set and at this point in time they are like hens teeth. With luck the rules I require will be repeated in the BoB set.

The He111 comes with tokens in the colours of the A damage tokens. I assume these tokens are added to the A damage counter sets when multi engined and crewed bombers are used. When drawn I assume a brown token is randomly chosen to indicate which crew member is hit and wounded and then returned to its pool so that it can be drawn again.

Is this assumption correct?

How are green crew hit tokens marked 1-3 on one side and crew hit image on the other side used?

Engine hit tokens I gather are used the same way as in the WW1 rules!

Could I have some help here please. I have a game tonight!

Cheers Trevor
    Last edited by Roger Wilco; 12-15-2016 at 13:30. Reason: Had a better look at the tokens this morning

I never bought the new rules set either. Now I have to go home and look at what it in the package to see if I have missed something!

http://www.wingsofwar.org/forums/sho...-clarification
    From that thread answers by user MARECHALLANES

1) Engine Tokens
    Multi engine planes pick one engine damage counter randomly.

This token shows 1 or 2 hit(s).

Each engine can only take one hit.

The moment a multi engined plane has a number of engine hits equal to the number of engines, it can only fly slow maneuvers.

The next hit kills the plane.

So a B17 with 4 engines can swallow 4 engine hits. The 4th engine hit reduces the plane to slow speed only. The fifth engine hit destroys the plane.

2) There are different ways to dermine crew hits:

One option is to draw a number of crew hit tokens. Those tokes are red and labeld with Roman numbers. he rear side of each token shows an injured crew memeber.

So if you have a Bf.110 with a pilot and a gunner you take two tokens with a I and a II and pick up one randomly. I is a pilot hit - II is a gunner hit.

For bigger planes like the He.111 or the B-17, all crew members have numbers shown on the plane (crew management) card.

A B-17 played with altitude rules has 10 crew members, so you have 10 red crew damage tokens and pick one randomly.

Another option is the "optional crew damage".

Before determining the position of the injured crew member you have to choose a set of crew damage tokens.

You have a green set for planes with 1 - 3 crew members and a yello set for 4+ crew members.

A look on the plane card shows you how much crew your plane has.

So for a dambuster Lancaster you'll tke the grenn set, because this lanc has 3 crew members (Pilot/Front Gunner/Rear Gunner).

Green set has 3 tokens. One of it shows two injured crew members, the other two tokens show only one injured crew member.

You randomly pick one, look how many crew members are hit and determine then with the red token which crew member is hit.

Same goes for the 4+ crews. You have a set of 6 yellow tokens. 3 of them have one injured crew member, two of them have two injured crew members and one token shows three injured crew members.

Here is an example.

B-17 got a crew hit with 5 damage points.
    Picked up yellow crew damage token shows one crew hit.
    One picked up red crew damage token shows that number IX (9) is hit.
    The injured/killed gunner is marked on the plane card with a grey token.
    Last edited by Gotham Resident; 12-15-2016 at 13:39.

Thanks Mischa, typically my guesses were way off the mark.

Quote Originally Posted by Roger Wilco View Post
    Thanks Mischa, typically my guesses were way off the mark.
    No problem. Since you asked the question - does that mean there may be an AAR headed our way?

Hi Mischa, there would be if I had a chance to play a game. My friend Tony that was coming over last night cancelled because he was feeling sick. If he gets better soon he will try to come over for a game on Sunday afternoon instead. If he does I will be sure to take lots of photos and do a write up. Another friend Andrew is in Singapore with his IT work and comes home on Saturday night and my other gaming friend Paul is in New Zealand visiting his brother for Christmas. The poor man has to go fishing everyday.......... something tells me he is enjoying his "little slice of heaven" at the moment. Tis a bad time to be gaming when we have family's that require our attention. Cheers!

Quote Originally Posted by Roger Wilco View Post
    Hi Mischa, there would be if I had a chance to play a game. My friend Tony that was coming over last night cancelled because he was feeling sick. If he gets better soon he will try to come over for a game on Sunday afternoon instead. If he does I will be sure to take lots of photos and do a write up. Another friend Andrew is in Singapore with his IT work and comes home on Saturday night and my other gaming friend Paul is in New Zealand visiting his brother for Christmas. The poor man has to go fishing everyday.......... something tells me he is enjoying his "little slice of heaven" at the moment. Tis a bad time to be gaming when we have family's that require our attention. Cheers!
    I'm lining up things to resume in Jan 2017 - have to continue the Fire in the Skies campaign - been doing some research today.

Doing some research of my own, my older brother gave me these three books for Christmas when I was 6 years old, they were published in 1968. My mum paid out on him about how inappropriate they were, she was probably right, I think these books were responsible for initialising the spark.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_1595.jpg 
Views:	68 
Size:	148.2 KB 
ID:	213200

Lil GR say I had cleaned off the playing table and he asked to play this weekend, so we did. A B17/P47 vs 2x Me109k/2x Me109e.

I of course forgot about this worked when I took an engine damage on my B17. Doh.

( There is no AAR, because I was so excited to play I forgot to go get the camera).

Trevor, if you go to http://www.aresgames.eu/category/dow...of-glory-games, you can download for free some WGS rules, FAQs/errata, bomber scenarios and also the special rules for using the Heinkel 111's and B-25 Mitchells.

The rules that came with the bombers were a bit disappointing. I was frustrated not to get all of the rules on how to use them included in the package.

Similar Missions

1. How Many of Each Damage Tokens Are There?
    By Black Sheep One in forum WGS: General Discussions
    Replies: 11
    Last Post: 06-29-2016, 04:44
  2. Extended crew damage (for multi-crew aircraft)
    By Prodromoi in forum WGF: General Discussions
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 03-19-2015, 12:07
  3. Need some help with Crew damage tokens
    By Oberst Hajj in forum WGF: General Discussions
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 03-09-2015, 15:49
  4. Using Damage tokens
    By afilter in forum WGS: General Discussions
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 12-02-2010, 11:26
  5. exposing Damage tokens?