Ares Games

Thread: Damage Card trays.....

Default Damage Card trays.....

Came across these whilst buying myself a few christmas presents and thought , hello...

Now the Zombicide cards are exactly the same size as the Wings cards -The holders are 6cm in height and once assembled can fit either 190 unsleeved cards or 105 sleeved cards. - that's a minimum double deck of all..
    At only about £11 or £12 thought I would share the find. As a keen Zombicide player I get double use out of these....

Also on an unsporting note - how hard would it be for someone with a 3D printer or laser cutter to knock up something similar......

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	deck-holders-set-zombicide-black-plague.jpg 
Views:	152 
Size:	152.7 KB 
ID:	212902

Never Knowingly Undergunned !!

They look nifty Chris - good spot.

"He is wise who watches"

Spot on Chris. Good find.
    See you on the Dark Side......

Thank you for the 'heads up', Chris!

Lightbulb

Another "Project" for our own Oberst to consider for AA Store in various colours. Would have to be a different design but Hey! I would buy from him.

With fighting Martians on the horizon I would think zombies are not far behind. Good find.

Quote Originally Posted by gully_raker View Post
    Another "Project" for our own Oberst to consider for AA Store in various colours. Would have to be a different design but Hey! I would buy from him.
    Indeed....great idea!

Quote Originally Posted by gully_raker View Post
    Likewise!

Good spot Chris. I play Zombicide but I've never come across these before.

Edit: where did you get it at that price Chris? Everyone seems to be asking a lot more for it.
    Last edited by Guntruck; 12-11-2016 at 00:16.
    Run for your life - there are stupid people everywhere!

hhhhhhhhhmmmmmmmm i may have to rethink my damage deck storage options!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Guntruck View Post
    Good spot Chris. I play Zombicide but I've never come across these before.

Edit: where did you get it at that price Chris? Everyone seems to be asking a lot more for it.
    Wayland Games Steve

Quote Originally Posted by Hedeby View Post
    Wayland Games Steve
    Thanks Chris. Order sent

Great find! one of my friends just started playing Zombicide, I will have to convince him to buy an extra set....

Looks like the official Zombicide caddies are like rocking horse droppings - my order still hasn't arrived... HOWEVER a clever person with a 3D printer is now selling these on E-Bay for £10 and you get a choice of colours...

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Usa-mini-c...QAAOSwpDdVYXAr

Name:	s-l1600.jpg 
Views:	94 
Size:	143.9 KB 
ID:	214726

In the process of cancelling previous order and getting a couple of these instead

Wayland Games Steve
    Oh, Chris, NOOOOOOO!!!!!

Wayland Games have a well-deserved reputation for listing products they DO NOT HAVE IN STOCK, and often CANNOT GET!!!!!!

After 2 disputes with them, and getting my money back both times, I have refused to ever order from them again.

Good luck with your order - I rather fear you're going to need it........................................
    I laugh in the face of danger - then I hide until it goes away!

I'm with you on that, cancelling first thing in the morning and ordering a couple of these new ones instead

Right new ones ordered will give you guys a heads up when order arrives - I will also have someone I know with both Laser Printer and 3D Printer who may be able to create something bespoke for us if they are any good.
    Designed to take cards in sleeves so could be right up our street... watch this space

I went looking for card trays when this thread was first created, this is what I ended up with.

They make one with 4 slots, and for various card sizes.

Looks like the official Zombicide caddies are like rocking horse droppings - my order still hasn't arrived...
    Neither has mine.

Quote Originally Posted by brdavis View Post
    I went looking for card trays when this thread was first created, this is what I ended up with.

They make one with 4 slots, and for various card sizes.
    Now they are nice - looks like lots of folks are getting in on the act and making this stuff now - good news for us gamers

Bought this one from ebay - the seller produces them in 3, 4 and 5 bay sizes, and in a range of colours.

I ordered a 5-bay Red..................

Name:	DSCF0202.jpg 
Views:	50 
Size:	213.0 KB 
ID:	216335

It is sturdy, well-made and the cards fit snugly. The risers are high enough to hold triple decks (Bay 1 holds an 'A' deck, and can easily accommodate 3 such decks).
    Don't worry about the glossy white appearance; that's just reflected flash from the camera - the colour of the plastic is uniformly strong.

Thinking about the snug fit of the cards, I tried putting a card in a Fantasy Flight card sleeve from the Aerodrome store.............

Name:	DSCF0204.jpg 
Views:	50 
Size:	219.4 KB 
ID:	216336

The sleeved card does not fit - not even close.

Verdict - if you don't sleeve your cards, then this holder is ideal.
    If you use sleeves, don't buy one.

So do you think it would be worthwhile for one of our 'Wings friendly' Shapeways designers to produce trays for us in two sizes 'without sleeves' and 'with sleeves'?

Quote Originally Posted by Naharaht View Post
    So do you think it would be worthwhile for one of our 'Wings friendly' Shapeways designers to produce trays for us in two sizes 'without sleeves' and 'with sleeves'?
    Now, that sounds useful.

Sleeved cards already fit in the Herr Oberst's Hangar-shaped card caddies.

Name:	caddy.jpg 
Views:	45 
Size:	157.4 KB 
ID:	216345

Only trouble is that a sleeved Double-'A' deck or Double-'B' deck is too tall for the caddy, and cards slip out.

If I confine unsleeved Triple-'A' decks and Triple-'B' decks to the new card holder, I can keep all other sleeved cards in Keith's hangar caddies.

Hawkeye Hedeby spotted the Zombicide card holder on a stand at York. The guy had only brought two along though, but Chris snaffled one and I grabbed the other

Similar Missions

1. Replies: 321
    Last Post: 03-23-2024, 23:23
  2. Explosion damage card. Necessary for fun?
    By Mefwyn in forum WGF: Rules Help
    Replies: 15
    Last Post: 06-10-2016, 20:21
  3. Damage Card Decks
    By Hank D in forum WGF: General Discussions
    Replies: 13
    Last Post: 06-06-2015, 06:28
  4. Damage Card Draw: Once per turn..?
    By Volstagg in forum WGF: Rules Help
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 01-20-2012, 08:37
  5. Damage card box.