Ares Games

Thread: New Venture in the North

Default New Venture in the North

I visited the Battleground Show, Stockton, today and made contact with Leon from Minibits (show organiser and stockist, if not owner, of Pendracken miniatures) about the possibility of securing a table at Battleground 2017 (Late November-ish). I will email him our forum address and my contact details. We should get the nod around about July. So this is a very early heads up. Due to the lack of commitment to our cause in the north east (Durham, Northumberland and Teeside) I am asking for an early show of hands before I commit.

Neil
    See you on the Dark Side......

Quote Originally Posted by Skafloc View Post
    I visited the Battleground Show, Stockton, today and made contact with Leon from Minibits (show organiser and stockist, if not owner, of Pendracken miniatures) about the possibility of securing a table at Battleground 2017 (Late November-ish). I will email him our forum address and my contact details. We should get the nod around about July. So this is a very early heads up. Due to the lack of commitment to our cause in the north east (Durham, Northumberland and Teeside) I am asking for an early show of hands before I commit.

Neil
    Leon runs Minibits but spends the bulk of time helping his father, Dave, with Pendraken, which is a family business. They are really good people and I have known them for some years, seeing them at shows, most recently Warfare last weekend.

Regards

Edward

I can probably do Stockton Neil - and November is a quiet month show wise in our area

Never Knowingly Undergunned !!

90 miles from mine - so looks like a go from me...

Never Knowingly Undergunned !!

If not the wife's birthday weekend (13th) I can probably put in an appearance.

Appreciate this chaps. As soon as I can confirm dates I'll post them. It's a neat little show, been going in its present format about 3-4 years. Slightly smaller than hammerhead.

Neil

(I also will leave the game choice to the organiser for what he would think fits in best. However as there are no air war games we would probably be left to our own devices, and I include sails in that choice too).

I think I went to this show about 3 years ago when it was called something else (Smoggycon?) and before it moved venues. It was, as you say, a nice little show.

The 2017 show is on Saturday 25th November 2017. Just to give you the heads up!

Cheers Richard.

Ah, crap, just noticed. Me thinks our panto is on that week, with 2 shows Saturday! an't confirm before Feb though. I'll keep you posted. (Walks off muttering to himself, "now why did they move the panto a week later?")

Neil, you can count me in. You've done so much for the rest of us, it's the least I can do.

It's a nice little show - visited it for the first time this weekend, having collected my eldest from just down the road (he is at uni at Teesside).
    I might be able to help out for a while next year - transit times permitting (arrival, rather than departure)...

Users Country Flag

Name
    Ben
    Sorties Flown

I can attend

WOW, totaly gob smacked. Thanks again for your great support. I'll get everything in motion for this.

Rabbit 3's Avatar Squadron Leader Scotland.
    Captain

Users Country Flag

Name
    Robert
    Sorties Flown

Its a long way off till next November but I managed to get down to Newcastle OK. Count me in.

Similar Missions

1. Need some advice on a possible new business venture...
    By Diamondback in forum Hobby Room
    Replies: 53
    Last Post: 07-25-2020, 12:20
  2. National: Running WoW/WoG at Con of North
    By wbfritze in forum US Wing
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 02-11-2013, 21:02
  3. North Sea Blimps!
    By clipper1801 in forum WGF: Historical Discussions
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 10-28-2012, 11:41
  4. North Sea New Year.