Ares Games

Thread: Christmas List

Default Christmas List

It's never too early to start the wish list...

Other than the last series of planes, is there anything new coming out for the WWI game in time for Christmas? I have Flight of Giants and thought I saw a thread about some of the bombers?

Also - just a quick Q. I don't quite understand the additional deck concept - crossfire ect... Seems to me that once you've crossed over into the minis its hard to go back to just the cards. What are folks doing with these? Using a surogate plane? Building other models? etc...

Default Dear Santa.

My Christmas list is The Revised Deluxe Edition. Anew carrting case and Balloon trays, Bomber trays for the "Big uns " and the tray for the odds and ends.
    Impossible dreams are extra flight pegs, damage, and manouver decks, and those planes everyone would like but are not on Nexus Radar yet.
    Extra card decks are used by me to suplement the re sprays or scratch builds I do.
    Rob.
    "Courage is the art of being the only one who knows you're scared to death."

The WWI Deluxe Set, which will have repaints of Series One in it, may be out by December. Other than that, the bombers and Series Five will not be out until sometime next year at best. I've stopped getting the cards for now but would possibly get them to use with models by other manufacturers.

The Revised Delux Edition. And someone to pay my bar tab!

Hunter and I are also wishing for the Revised Deluxe Edition . . . and maybe a few more of the Series 4 Minis. We didn't grab them all the first time around due to money shortage.

Scott

Users Country Flag

Name
    Dom
    Sorties Flown

The new deluxe set, and an extra 8 hours per working day....

Like everyone else, I'm hoping for the revised DS.

Quote Originally Posted by Von Altvater View Post
    It's never too early to start the wish list...
    Also - just a quick Q. I don't quite understand the additional deck concept - crossfire ect... Seems to me that once you've crossed over into the minis its hard to go back to just the cards. What are folks doing with these? Using a surogate plane? Building other models? etc...

They're still useful for mini-only gamers if you do repaints of aircraft only represented by cards and use third party kits for in-game aircraft that there's no WOW model for yet (for the aircraft cards and game stats), plus the extra manoeuvre decks are useful if you use multiple aircraft using the same letter.

Quote Originally Posted by Aero825 View Post
    Hey Rob, FRP Games has a Revised Deluxe Edition for Pre-order in January, if your interested, but it might be different over in Britain. I don't blame you. That set is dang cool.

Hunter
    Yep, it is dang cool Hunter. I've had one on pre order so long that the original answer from my supplier was. "Never heard of a revised Edition". Now it's on the boot. Pity the boot is a rowing boot.
    Rob.
    "Courage is the art of being the only one who knows you're scared to death."

Arcangeli

I have added Burning Drachens to the list...

Yeah I don't own it yet.... don't judge me!

I'm hoping Santa wil bring me the WoW Deluxe set (ver 2)...of course 2 more balloons would be nice too!

Similar Missions

1. Christmas list?
    By Snowy in forum Officer's Club
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 08-04-2010, 07:11
  2. Christmas in May
    By Katipunero in forum WGF: General Discussions
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 05-15-2010, 15:49
  3. What did you get for Christmas? (WOW related)
    By pflanzer in forum Hobby Room
    Replies: 11
    Last Post: 01-01-2010, 22:55
  4. Merry Christmas All!
    By afilter in forum Officer's Club
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 12-24-2009, 09:57
  5. Christmas comes early for the Scotsman
    By Flying Scotsman in forum Hobby Room
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 12-21-2009, 19:07