Ares Games

Thread: Want to buy - 1 x WW1 and 1 x WW2

Default Want to buy - 1 x WW1 and 1 x WW2

OK, get ready to fall off your chairs laughing but I am looking for the following WW1 aircraft, so if you have one you are willing to part with, please let me know - ok here we go - Fokker EIII (Immelmann). Alternatively, perhaps you might know if there is a chance of this one being re printed any time soon! If so give us a shout.

I'm also looking to buy a Kawasaki KI-61-1B (pilot Kobayashi). Again, please let me know if you have a spare you are willing to part with.

Many thanks in advance for any replies - jokes accepted with good grace

Mike (UK)

If the current Release/Reprint schedule holds true, you should expect the Fokker EIII (Immelmann) in roughly 2021. Unfortunately, that was not a joke.

The Kobayashi Kawasaki KI-61-1B might be even harder to get since it was only released in the WGS Starter Set back in 2012.

Lightbulb

Mike you might consider grabbing a Shapeways Fok E.III & painting it up as Immleman's as its a simple paint scheme.

Or try getting a Buddecke EIII and putting Dom's or 1/144 Direct German eisnerkreuz decals over the Turkish squares.
    I laugh in the face of danger - then I hide until it goes away!

Quote Originally Posted by Flying Helmut View Post
    Or try getting a Buddecke EIII and putting Dom's or 1/144 Direct German eisnerkreuz decals over the Turkish squares.
    I bought some spares with just that in mind.

Love a bloke with a sense of humour Mike

However, I'd suggest sending Evan (Xen on this site) a PM as he occasionally turns up the rare plane or two.
    Run for your life - there are stupid people everywhere!

Quote Originally Posted by Guntruck View Post
    Love a bloke with a sense of humour Mike

However, I'd suggest sending Evan (Xen on this site) a PM as he occasionally turns up the rare plane or two.
    That's where I got my Immelmann E.III, SE5as, Pfalz.......

Quote Originally Posted by Stumptonian View Post
    I bought some spares with just that in mind.
    As did I!

In fact, I'd better go see whether I have one or two left....................
    I laugh in the face of danger - then I hide until it goes away!

Quote Originally Posted by mikeemagnus View Post
    OK, get ready to fall off your chairs laughing but I am looking for the following WW1 aircraft, so if you have one you are willing to part with, please let me know - ok here we go - Fokker EIII (Immelmann). Alternatively, perhaps you might know if there is a chance of this one being re printed any time soon! If so give us a shout.

I'm also looking to buy a Kawasaki KI-61-1B (pilot Kobayashi). Again, please let me know if you have a spare you are willing to part with.

Many thanks in advance for any replies - jokes accepted with good grace

Mike (UK)
    Try these shops Mike
    http://www.philibertnet.com/fr/
    https://www.gamesquest.co.uk/

https://www.ludikbazar.com/advanced_...sort=4a&page=1
    http://www.battlefieldhobbies.co.uk/...t_type=product

Philibert had an Immellman in stock for 14.95€ Doh now showing as out of stock

I'm learning to fly, but I ain't got wings
    Coming down is the hardest thing

Thanks for all the replies guys - really very helpful. Yea, I have purchased a few models from Xen and found him to be excellent. I think he is aware of the models I'm after. I've also bought a couple of EIII Valom kits, but I'm way to clumsy for them - still trying Guess you're right about Shapeways - really like those models, although the less costly versions come out a bit lumpy - see the following Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20161125_213004_resized[1875].jpg 
Views:	109 
Size:	165.5 KB 
ID:	212377 Just finished this Bristol Scout bar the numbers on the tail - got to work up to that one as my vision isn't what it used to be and I'll have to work under a magnifier However, amazingly enough, I think I have been successful in finding the EIII Immelman in a job lot on eBay (all cringe at once - yea I know!!! But the lot included an SE5 as well and wasn't stupidly priced, so providing it arrives safely, its job done on the EIII. Just have to keep looking for the Kawasaki - you never know
    Thanks again,
    Cheers, Mike

Thanks Paul. Tried them all including searches under "Wings of Glory WW2 Starter set" but either not there or "Indisponible" I'm afraid. Still, I have noted the sites not previously visited and shall save them for when I start my quest for the "Sails of Glory" models
    Cheers, Mike

Ahh sorry Mike, I may have been aware of what you were after a while back but must have forgotten. I do have these in stock, send me a pm?

Mike does it have to be pilot Kobayashi?
    I have a Kawasaki KI 61 pilot Nakano which is as much use to me as a chocolate fireguard

Mike does it have to be pilot Kobayashi?
    I have a Kawasaki KI 61 pilot Nakano which is as much use to me as a chocolate fireguard
    Thanks a bundle Chris but yea, I have the Nakano twice already - I bought an extra with a repaint job in mind. Thats what I'll attempt if I cannot find the Kobayashi. So now I shall contact Xen and see what he can do for me. Many thanks for all the feed back guys.

Thanks to Evan (Xen) I now have the Kobayashi Kawasaki, or shall have when it arrives. Odd how things work out - I've been looking for it and the EIII Immelmann for a long time without success. Then just as I was about to go down the repaint route, up they come to the surface. Must have been some magic at work in this thread - thanks everyone who chipped in

Quote Originally Posted by mikeemagnus View Post
    Thanks to Evan (Xen) I now have the Kobayashi Kawasaki, or shall have when it arrives. Odd how things work out - I've been looking for it and the EIII Immelmann for a long time without success. Then just as I was about to go down the repaint route, up they come to the surface. Must have been some magic at work in this thread - thanks everyone who chipped in
    Its Christmas and Santa always listens to good boys requests

I'm learning to fly, but I ain't got wings
    Coming down is the hardest thing

Its Christmas and Santa always listens to good boys requests
    "Please Santa, protect me if my wife finds out how much I have spent on all of this " You mean this kind of thing huh Paul Only kidding - Yon knows all about it

Mike did you find an Immelmann EIII? Ive been searching and asking in this forum for ages now...

Mike did you find an Immelmann EIII? Ive been searching and asking in this forum for ages now...
    Sorry buddy, only just seen this one. Yes I did find the Immelmann - got it from Italy via eBay Spain in the end. However, if you look above I think Xen said he had one in stock. Always worth asking him (Evan his name is) and he is quick. I've bought quite a few models from him and he has always managed to come up trumps one way or another. Postage fro Auss is a bit but if you purchase a few at a time it can help keep that cost down. Send him a PM and see what happens.

Hope you are successful,

Mike

Yep already in contact with Sam