Ares Games
Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 234567891011

Thread: T.B.C. Awaiting discussions with ARES

Users Country Flag

Name
    Tim
    Sorties Flown

Can anybody explain the distribution and production to me. Is it a case of the factory making one massive batch and when they are gone they are gone? I'm already seeing vendors getting low on some planes and although I don't want to miss out I can't buy just yet. Presumably vendors will be able to replenish their stocks for a while yet?

Quote Originally Posted by Timmo UK View Post
    Can anybody explain the distribution and production to me. Is it a case of the factory making one massive batch and when they are gone they are gone? I'm already seeing vendors getting low on some planes and although I don't want to miss out I can't buy just yet. Presumably vendors will be able to replenish their stocks for a while yet?
    I was having similar concerns and was waiting to decide on which plane I wanted. But when my LGS said they only had 2 left I jump to get it. As for their production schedule for re-prints I really can't comment; except to say that I got in after the Giants Kickstarter as shipped (almost 3 years now) and I've never seen a reprint of Series 5 planes which are highly sought after, amount others. To get the planes I've wanted I paid well over retail.
    Last edited by Ken at Sunrise; 06-23-2017 at 06:13. Reason: spell'in n grammer

Can anybody explain the distribution and production to me. Is it a case of the factory making one massive batch and when they are gone they are gone?
    That's basically it Tim.
    I'm already seeing vendors getting low on some planes and although I don't want to miss out I can't buy just yet. Presumably vendors will be able to replenish their stocks for a while yet?
    Vendors will only order what they think they can sell & as long as the distributor is able to get them they'll be able to replen.

"He is wise who watches"

Only two weeks after the release date, this time! Yay!

I only ordered two of the scouts per side:
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	NewPlanes.jpg 
Views:	265 
Size:	125.5 KB 
ID:	226101

But, looking at the Ace and Equipment cards, I may have to reconsider. Anyone got the text for the Davis Gun?

PS: The Davis Gun was used on Handley Page O/100 bomber and Curtiss HS-2L and H-16 (flying boats), so there should be equipment cards for them.
    Mike
    "Flying is learning to throw yourself at the ground and miss" Douglas Adams
    "Wings of Glory won't skin your elbows and knees while practicing." OldGuy59

Users Country Flag

Blog Entries
    Name
    Barry
    Sorties Flown

Off to Marquee Models in Harlow to collect mine tomorrow! They have been holding them for me.

Barry

Quote Originally Posted by OldGuy59 View Post
    But, looking at the Ace and Equipment cards, I may have to reconsider. Anyone got the text for the Davis Gun?
    What; someone actually put a Davis gun on an Re.8???
    Karl
    It is impossible for a man to begin to learn what he thinks he knows. -- Epictetus

Quote Originally Posted by OldGuy59 View Post
    Anyone got the text for the Davis Gun?
    PS: The Davis Gun was used on Handley Page O/100 bomber and Curtiss HS-2L and H-16 (flying boats), so there should be equipment cards for them.
    In the FAQ & POI sticky in the Rules sub-forum Mike.

"He is wise who watches"

Tim distro depends on the distributor. With some you have to order the whole series. So if a store wants a certain number of each plane they can't get 4 of one type and 5 of another. To get 5 planes of one type they have to order 5 of every plane. A dealer I sometimes get planes from used to sell the planes as singles but now he sell them by the set so you have to get 12 or none at all. I only ordered certain planes from here so I will get the ones I want and not have to get the others. Not to push any one store but Miniature Market usually orders 20 of each at a time and you can order what you want.

Quote Originally Posted by Jager View Post
    What; someone actually put a Davis gun on an Re.8???
    Karl
    Yeah, they did !

Royal Aircraft Factory R.E.8 two seat corps reconnaissance biplane, fitted with a Davis gun.

In flight.

http://www.iwm.org.uk/collections/item/object/205315264

"He is wise who watches"

Quote Originally Posted by flash View Post
    In the FAQ & POI sticky in the Rules sub-forum Mike.
    Yeah, they did !

Royal Aircraft Factory R.E.8 two seat corps reconnaissance biplane, fitted with a Davis gun.

In flight.

http://www.iwm.org.uk/collections/item/object/205315264
    OldGuy59's WGF Equipment Cards - 2 Pdr Davis Gun for Felixstowe F.5
    Mike
    "Flying is learning to throw yourself at the ground and miss" Douglas Adams
    "Wings of Glory won't skin your elbows and knees while practicing." OldGuy59

Planes came today and look very good. More additions to my collection.

Users Country Flag

Name
    Tim
    Sorties Flown

Can somebody tell me if the MvR has blue undersides to the wings?

Can somebody tell me if the MvR has blue undersides to the wings?
    Yes it does. Just the wings, upper and lower.

Users Country Flag

Name
    Tim
    Sorties Flown

Excellent – thanks

It's the same blue that they used for the Ares "Blue Maus"
    I laugh in the face of danger - then I hide until it goes away!

Anyone done a decal yet for the missing marking on the top deck of this RE8 ? I bought one at the weekend and noticed it's on the card but not on the model !

"He is wise who watches"

Anyone done a decal yet for the missing marking on the top deck of this RE8 ? I bought one at the weekend and noticed it's on the card but not on the model !
    Funny you should bring this up, Dave. I pulled out this RE.8 yesterday for repainting and, in checking images online, came up with the same concern. Not knowing if it was or was not a mistake, I liked it for game purposes and figured I'd just paint the zig-zag on. Fortunately, it's not too difficult ... even for an old fart with tired eyes and shaky hands like myself.

I have a sheet of white stripe decals from the Sneddons - I'll have to try using that.
    I laugh in the face of danger - then I hide until it goes away!

Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 234567891011

Similar Missions

1. What series 2 (WW2) are you awaiting the most?
    By The Blue Baron in forum Polls
    Replies: 13
    Last Post: 06-12-2020, 14:56
  2. What series 4 (WW1) are you awaiting the most?
    Replies: 24
    Last Post: 02-17-2018, 14:41
  3. Awaiting the Fokker Scourge.
    By Flying Officer Kyte in forum Hobby Room
    Replies: 29
    Last Post: 07-23-2011, 17:35
  4. Replies: 59
    Last Post: 06-27-2011, 23:42
  5. What upcoming product are you awaiting the most?
    Replies: 56
    Last Post: 06-01-2011, 17:30