Ares Games

Thread: Long Time, No Flights! - AAR - Nov 2016 - Wildcats vs. Zeros

Default Long Time, No Flights! - AAR - Nov 2016 - Wildcats vs. Zeros

It's been quite a long time since I last played Wings of Glory. With the limited time I've had over the last several months, I've been playing Star Fleet Battles (an oldie, but a goodie!).

Today, after a four-player game of Star Fleet Battles, I came prepared and convinced everyone to play some Wings of Glory. but I forgot to take any pictures! We have a local gaming group (North Texas Gamers) that meets at Madness Games & Comics in Plano, TX (the most amazing hobby store I have ever visited). John Boone, the coordinator for the group, took a few pictures which I wanted to share with you. A great time was had by all

The first game was WWI (D.VIIs vs. Snipes). Each side lost one plane. They enjoyed the game and decided they wanted to play again using WWII planes.

The second game was WWII (Wildcats vs Zeros). We played until the first plane was downed (Wildcat successfully ganged up on by both Zeros). A few pictures John took and shared on the group's Facebook page are below for your viewing pleasure. I hope to have another session with this group over the Christmas/New Year's holidays and will share the AARs with you if we do.

Mike Jones & Scott Hammonds - Zeros

Eamon & Dom Wentzel (Father-Son Team) - Wildcats

Mixing it up!

Nice to see you playing WOG again.

Quote Originally Posted by Coog View Post
    Nice to see you playing WOG again.

Thumbs up

Glad you are back in the Wings Skies.

Keep up the good work.

Looks like a good afternoon. The Cowboys gear is a bit distracting though to my Philly eyes.

I'm a big Carson Wentz fan! He played for the NDSU (North Dakota State University Bison), who played in the same college football conference as my alma mater, but rooting for Cowboys when they play against the Eagles.

Quote Originally Posted by Dwarflord22 View Post
    I'm a big Carson Wentz fan! He played for the NDSU (North Dakota State University Bison), who played in the same college football conference as my alma mater, but rooting for Cowboys when they play against the Eagles.
    l Good enough.

Looks like a great shop to game in. Keep on bringing Wings games there and soon they will be asking for you to.

Similar Missions

1. Replies: 19
    Last Post: 09-05-2014, 14:16
  2. Hurricanes, Wildcats, and Zeros on sale at Miniature Market
    By alpine in forum WGS: General Discussions
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 09-25-2013, 14:04
  3. 300 up: a long time between drinks!
    By Baldrick62 in forum Officer's Club
    Replies: 14
    Last Post: 01-11-2012, 10:14
  4. Long Time no Post...