Ares Games

Thread: Nexus plane cards

Default Nexus plane cards

I have the following sets of old Nexus plane cards (no maneuver cards) that I'm looking to sell if anyone happens to be interested in them. None of them have ever been played with, they have been tucked away in an old Famous Aces box. I've also got a few of the old Nexus style damage decks that have never been used if anyone is interested in those as well.

Complete airplane decks
    Immelmann Booster Pack
    Burning Drachens
    Top Fighters Booster Pack
    2x Famous Aces
    Dogfight Booster Pack
    Balloon Busters Set (all 4 cards)
    Recon Patrol Booster Pack
    Promos taken from all 3 box sets and booster packs

Partial airplane decks (these are missing random cards for some reason or another)
    Watch Your Back
    Recon Patrol
    Cross Fire Booster Pack
    Promos
    Airplane Pack 1 (AP1)
    Immelmann Booster Pack
    Hit & Run Booster Pack
    Burning Drachens
    A set that is only numbered 1-22... can't remember what product it's from.

I would like to just clear out some space in my gaming/AA store closet, so make me an offer for any or all of the above.

Oh, I also have the airplane cards and control cards form Flight of the Giants. I don't think this set is complete either.

matt56's Avatar May you forever fly in blue skies.
    Major

Users Country Flag

Name
    Matt
    Sorties Flown

Did Nexus do C and D damage decks, Keith? If so and you have them, I would gladly purchase them (along with some other things...)

All the best,
    Matt

Major

Users Country Flag

Name
    Matt
    Sorties Flown

Thanks for that reminder, Zoe - I have Burning Drachens and had placed those decks in a 'safe place'... I just searched through my stuff and found them. I feel pretty silly right about now. Ah, well, that's what friends are for, right!?

All the best,
    Matt

You have them now, that's what's important. How you got there, less so. I call that a win.

Many of my safe places remain lost.

Coming across one is a very pleasant surprise!
    I laugh in the face of danger - then I hide until it goes away!

Major

Users Country Flag

Name
    Matt
    Sorties Flown

I knew we had a lot in common, Tim! You're right, of course, Zoe - and I am certainly used to feeling silly about things from time to time.

One of these days I need to make an inventory of things Wings of War/Glory and reacquaint myself with my treasures - it will also help me buy things more intelligently...in theory...

All the best,
    Matt

Quote Originally Posted by matt56 View Post
    One of these days I need to make an inventory of things Wings of War/Glory and reacquaint myself with my treasures - it will also help me buy things more intelligently...in theory...
    I created an Excel file for just that reason about two months into my collection building, instigated by my purchase of a second Turek Aviatik.
    Of course that doesn't help me when I am travelling and a new post of Planes for Sale comes up (as just happened) (Thanks, Eli)

But, since then, I have changed my strategy and am building up seconds and thirds of some aircraft to make up flights or for repaints (as soon as I can convince a friend of mine to take care of the latter)

what is left? and what do you need for everything, maybe a plane or two in trade?

Quote Originally Posted by matt56 View Post
    Did Nexus do C and D damage decks, Keith? If so and you have them, I would gladly purchase them (along with some other things...)

All the best,
    Matt
    Glad you found them Matt. I did not have any C or D anyways

Quote Originally Posted by boomerpete53 View Post
    what is left? and what do you need for everything, maybe a plane or two in trade?
    All of the plane cards are still available. I'm pretty set for minis, but pitch me an offer if you like.

So what would you need for EVERYTHING in one batch, i would use most as handouts at a open house the city holds each spring, going to get a table and DEMO the games along with a short talk on WW1. hey you never know ther just might be someone ready to enjoy these games.

Quote Originally Posted by boomerpete53 View Post
    So what would you need for EVERYTHING in one batch, i would use most as handouts at a open house the city holds each spring, going to get a table and DEMO the games along with a short talk on WW1. hey you never know ther just might be someone ready to enjoy these games.
    Sorry Peter, I forgot to update this thread. They have all sold.

Similar Missions

1. WGF Old Nexus MIB plane for trade
    By Nightbomber in forum Sale/Trade/Wanted Classifieds
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 01-28-2016, 12:55
  2. Your Favorite Nexus/Ares Belgian Plane?
    By predhead in forum Polls
    Replies: 23
    Last Post: 10-10-2014, 11:10
  3. Plane Cards
    By armstrongjohn1 in forum UK Wing
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 09-21-2013, 03:24
  4. Plane Cards
    By Baxter in forum WGF: General Discussions
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 02-28-2012, 22:37
  5. Plane Cards