Ares Games

Thread: Go Play Brisbane - WGF Event "Black September 1918" Ace Comics Annerley 19/11/16

Default Go Play Brisbane - WGF Event "Black September 1918" Ace Comics Annerley 19/11/16

Ace Comics at 478 Ipswich Road Annerley is running a "Go Play" event on the weekend of 19-20 November 2016 - see https://www.facebook.com/events/346231579042585/

On Saturday 19 November 2016 from 9am to 5pm I will be running the following Wings of Glory WW1 mini-campaign:

Black September 1918

In September 1918 the German Army was on the ropes. Allied armies were advancing all along the Western Front, but above the trenches the German Air Service was still a potent fighting force. Will the British, French and Americans drive their enemy from the skies, or can the Germans make the Allies pay too high a price for victory?

A Wings of Glory WW1 aerial skirmish mini campaign for 2-12 players. Bring your own Wings of Glory miniatures or select from those provided by the GM.

I will have a number of scenarios ready to play. Player pilots can accrue medals, promotions and the all important Ace Skills throughout the day.

If any forum members are interested in coming along reply to the thread and/or nominate on the Ace Comics Go Play Facebook page.

It would be great to get together and please feel free to bring new players.

Cheers,

Carl.
    Last edited by Carl_Brisgamer; 11-02-2016 at 02:23.

Sounds good, I should be along.

Quote Originally Posted by Whiskysierra View Post
    Sounds good, I should be along.
    Great Wayne it would be good to catch up.

Thumbs up

Good luck with this Carl. Hope you get a good roll up.

Thanks Barry. I have sent invites to the old crowd from Brisbane Independent Gamers as well. I think it is time to try and revive the game up here in Brisbane, despite the fact all efforts are hindered by the lack of shelf product.

Any players who would like to sign up for the Ace Comics Black September Go Play Event on Saturday 19 November can do so on Warhorn, link below:

https://warhorn.net/events/go-play-n...essions/148644

Warhorn says the session goes from 1.30 to 5pm but the table will be set up from 9am.

Go Play Wings of Glory event is running tomorrow at Ace Comics 478 Ipswich Rd Annerley.

I will be setting from about 9.30am for a 10am start. I was going to get in earlier but I am on the boo-hiss tonight at the Bavarian Bier Café for a work Christmas Party!

Hope to see some Brisbane players for a few 1918 games.

For anyone interested I have two Series 2 US Airco DH.4s still in their boxes (never opened) for sale at the Go Play event, $25 each or two for $40.

The Wings of Glory table at the Ace Comics Annerley Go Play event was attended by four players - two forum members being myself and Wayne 'Whisky Sierra', Brendan a veteran player who turned up with two Nexus Series 1 aircraft and 'Famous Aces' boxed set, and Lachlan the rookie who had never even seen the game before. It was great to see fresh faces at the table, with both Lachlan and Brendon proving to be worthy adversaries and reliable allies.

Name:  IMG_8802.JPG
Views: 241
Size:  116.8 KB
    Go Play pilots (left to right) Lachlan, Carl, Brendan and Wayne

We played three scenarios over the day with some memorable action. Results will be posted in the WW1 AAR Section tomorrow.

For any players local to Brisbane we will definitely be running more regular events like this one, watch for more information in the near future.

Thumbs up

Well done Carl & the other Brisbane boys!

Quote Originally Posted by gully_raker View Post
    Thanks Barry it was a good day's gaming. I have started posting AARs:

http://www.wingsofwar.org/forums/sho...522#post427522

http://www.wingsofwar.org/forums/sho...ion-2-Dogfight!!

http://www.wingsofwar.org/forums/sho...636#post427636
    Last edited by Carl_Brisgamer; 11-21-2016 at 01:02.

Quote Originally Posted by gully_raker View Post
    All the AARs are now posted.

Thanks again, Carl, for organising another fun day. As a bit of a rookie getting more time on table it is great to get these days to play.

bread

Thanks for the great write up Carl, and hosting a fun couple of games.

Smile

Quote Originally Posted by bread View Post

Welcome to the Forum Brendan!
    dont forget to "Report for Duty" down in the General Section.

Smile

Welcome to the Forum Brendan!
    Dont forget to "Report for Duty" down in the General Section.

Welcome aboard mate! We will organize another session at Ace Comics in the next few weeks, probably the weekend of 10-11 December. I'll keep you posted.

Rocklan

Thanks again for the game Carl, It was great fun.

And thanks everyone for the kind words. I have a feeling that my next games won't go so well now that my beginners luck has worn off. But we'll see!

I'll be visiting my parents on the weekend of the 10th, Carl, but please do keep me in the loop. I am really keen to have another crack at this.

Quote Originally Posted by Rocklan View Post
    Thanks again for the game Carl, It was great fun.

And thanks everyone for the kind words. I have a feeling that my next games won't go so well now that my beginners luck has worn off. But we'll see!

I'll be visiting my parents on the weekend of the 10th, Carl, but please do keep me in the loop. I am really keen to have another crack at this.
    Glad to have you on the forum Lachlan, I hope we can get another Wings of Glory game or two in before Christmas.

Just found out I have to work this coming week end but I have Saturday 17/12 free now.

How about a get together at Ace Comics Annerley to fly a couple of missions then adjourn to the Junction Hotel across the road for Christmas drinks?

If you go to the hotel first then the results of the game wont matter

Drinks in the mess always taste better after a couple of sorties

Rocklan

Quote Originally Posted by Carl_Brisgamer View Post
    Just found out I have to work this coming week end but I have Saturday 17/12 free now.

How about a get together at Ace Comics Annerley to fly a couple of missions then adjourn to the Junction Hotel across the road for Christmas drinks?
    Oh great, that works much better for me I should be able to make that no worries. How exciting!

Hi all,

I will be at Ace Comics from around 10am this morning, hope to catch up and play a couple of games.

Quote Originally Posted by Carl_Brisgamer View Post
    Hi all,

I will be at Ace Comics from around 10am this morning, hope to catch up and play a couple of games.
    We got one game in yesterday, AAR here http://www.wingsofwar.org/forums/sho...gions-Annerley

That will have to do me until the new year. Merry Christmas to all the Brisbane players, see you in 2017.

Another public gaming opportunity in less than two weeks time - http://www.wingsofwar.org/forums/sho...478#post446478

Come join the madness of 24 hours of Wings of Glory!

Well done in getting back WoG into Brisbane I would like to join in but the trip would stuff my back in.

I'd love to help out but I'm going to be on a gliding camp with the Australian Air League out near Jondaryan that weekend but I'll be taking the WGS game with me to show it off and see if we can get some new recruits.

Similar Missions

1. Replies: 5
    Last Post: 06-25-2016, 18:08
  2. WGF & WGS: Wings of Glory at "Etna Comics" and "Settimo in Gioco" (Italy, September 2012)
    By Angiolillo in forum Site News and Announcements
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 09-13-2012, 09:19
  3. Replies: 0
    Last Post: 04-01-2012, 02:39
  4. Lucca Comics and Games: WoG "stolen" pictures from the stand of Red Glove
    By eriko76 in forum Site News and Announcements
    Replies: 63
    Last Post: 03-08-2012, 15:46
  5. Replies: 0
    Last Post: 03-08-2011, 02:27