Ares Games

Thread: Shapeways planes and maneuver decks

Default Shapeways planes and maneuver decks

Greetings,
    (Apologies if this is incorrectly posted)

I've just come to WoG and love the idea of shapeways models or scratch building. How do you chaps deal with the necessary maneuver decks for these new models? Do you generally have so many decks from other models that you can just use them or is there a source for buying seperate decks?

Thanks

Andrew

Hi Andrew,

There isn't really an official source for extra maneuver decks. On occasion you can find some of the old booster packs on eBay, but I would highly recommend taking a look at Sascha's MATES.

See here and here.

Hope that helps -

Excellent, thank you for the quick reply Brian.

Boosters are great for decks, but sometimes the plane cards have out-of-date Manoeuvre Deck letters - as I'm finding out now!
    I laugh in the face of danger - then I hide until it goes away!

TopThis

Those maneuver cards are just amazing!
    Is there something like this for WW2?

That would be awesome!

Quote Originally Posted by Flying Helmut View Post
    Boosters are great for decks, but sometimes the plane cards have out-of-date Manoeuvre Deck letters - as I'm finding out now!
    The Immelman booster deck is mostly useful for the maneuver decks. The aircraft cards are obsolete.

The planes that have changed are DH2, Halberstadt D.ii, both now with P decks, the Morane N and Fokker E.iii now with T decks not in boosters, and the Sopwith Triplsne, now with a U deck.

Quote Originally Posted by TopThis View Post
    Those maneuver cards are just amazing!
    Is there something like this for WW2?

That would be awesome!
    There is, and it is. There are also maneuver decks on this site for slower aircraft used in WW II, such as the Hs123.

TopThis

Quote Originally Posted by Zoe Brain View Post
    There is, and it is. There are also maneuver decks on this site for slower aircraft used in WW II, such as the Hs123.
    I didn't find anything in the download section! Even when I was searching for threads. Am I looking at the wrong spot?

I didn't find anything in the download section! Even when I was searching for threads. Am I looking at the wrong spot?
    Here are the notes on what planes may use what: http://www.wingsofwar.org/forums/dow...o=file&id=2137
    In that same area is a list of all the "unofficial planes".

There is also a solo guide - try the WWII forums - I believe someone just asked about the new planes.

TopThis

Quote Originally Posted by Gotham Resident View Post
    Here are the notes on what planes may use what: http://www.wingsofwar.org/forums/dow...o=file&id=2137
    In that same area is a list of all the "unofficial planes".

There is also a solo guide - try the WWII forums - I believe someone just asked about the new planes.
    Thats a very nice list! Cant wait for my order from Scotia Grendel to arrive and fly them with those specific rules.

But I was wondering if there is a maneuver template like the MATES for WGS.

Thats a very nice list! Cant wait for my order from Scotia Grendel to arrive and fly them with those specific rules.

But I was wondering if there is a maneuver template like the MATES for WGS.
    Not yet. The design needs work, as a single card for a WGS maneuver deck would be too cluttered to use. It may be that the MATES (WGS version) will have a separate fast and slow speed card.

But, that is still in the works, and I am a bit busy at the moment. So, they may be a while coming, if Sascha isn't able to do them, either.
    Mike
    "Flying is learning to throw yourself at the ground and miss" Douglas Adams
    "Wings of Glory won't skin your elbows and knees while practicing." OldGuy59

TopThis

Alright,
    I was wondering if I would be able to work on the mates myself and created the ones for the S-Deck I have.
    I worked with GIMP and added the numbers in the end with MS Powerpoint.

What do you say?
    I would work on more when I have some time. Do you have decks scanned and could send them to me?

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	S_MATES.jpg 
Views:	83 
Size:	86.3 KB 
ID:	210942

Nicely done, Pierre.

I don't have all the current WoG WWII decks. I have a few WoW WWII decks, but not all of them, either. I have been collecting only Battle of Britain planes, and most of those are Nexus Wings of War. I don't have any of the fast decks, as they are mid-late WWII.

Have at this, if you wish. Your first try is pretty good. The only critique I have is to make the background as uncluttered as possible, as there will be lots of things (arrows) to look at anyway.
    Mike

TopThis

Quote Originally Posted by OldGuy59 View Post
    Nicely done, Pierre.

I don't have all the current WoG WWII decks. I have a few WoW WWII decks, but not all of them, either. I have been collecting only Battle of Britain planes, and most of those are Nexus Wings of War. I don't have any of the fast decks, as they are mid-late WWII.

Have at this, if you wish. Your first try is pretty good. The only critique I have is to make the background as uncluttered as possible, as there will be lots of things (arrows) to look at anyway.

I just picked the background because I liked the design the most. But I agree with you... It might look less cluttered with another background. i will work on this.

But yes, just send it to me and i will work on this whenever i got some time.

I think I would do the old WoW ones next, since I am waiting on my Scotia Gredel order. There will be some Hurricanes, Spitfires and FW 190 in there. So all that good old battle of britain stuff;-)
    Furthermore I will order a Heinkel he 111 pretty soon to bring some bombing action into it

Pierre,
    I don't have scans of the different decks, actually.

And, I would think that most of of WWS maneuver decks are exactly the same. However, it is is best to use the latest versions possible. Just to be sure.

Oh. And I have a few He.111s, but they don't do much bombing. It seems they usually end up crashed and burned.
    Last edited by OldGuy59; 11-04-2016 at 18:12.
    Mike

TopThis

Ok, I will do that then.
    I am going to open a new threat asking for the latest versions of the maneuver decks so that I can work on that from time to time.
    Oh that isn't what I wanted to hear about the 111's haha!
    I will have to get some regardless I guess

Similar Missions

1. Maneuver Decks G and T
    By DJensen in forum WGF: Rules Help
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 09-03-2015, 09:54
  2. new and old maneuver decks
    By Paul_S in forum WGS: General Discussions
    Replies: 49
    Last Post: 08-23-2015, 12:26
  3. Shapeways Maneuver and damage Decks
    By skyking20 in forum Officer's Club
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 01-19-2014, 05:15
  4. Maneuver decks
    By grumpybear in forum WGF: Rules Help
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: 08-17-2012, 16:38
  5. Looking to Buy: Two Used C Maneuver Decks.
    By The Cowman in forum Sale/Trade/Wanted Classifieds
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 11-24-2011, 05:28