Ares Games

Thread: Placed an order never received

Users Country Flag

Name
    Michael
    Sorties Flown

Default Placed an order never received

Hi

I am new to the Wings of Glory. Just started a few months ago.

I joined the site and found the store.

I ordered several items but never received them. My CC was charged though.

Can someone help me with this?

Mike

If you log in to Aerodrome Accessories Michael there is a 'contact us' link at the bottom of the page and you can let them know you've not received your items.

Sapiens qui vigilat... "He is wise who watches"

Users Country Flag

Name
    Michael
    Sorties Flown

Dave thanks for getting back to me.

I did use that contact us link as well as the sales@aerodromeaccessories.com and phone number that was in the New Order Notification I received in my email.

I receive no responses.

Keith is always very good with the orders so I would not worry too much. I have placed numerous ones and have never had an issue. I would give him a day or two response time because I believe he also has a full time job. You might want to check if the items you ordered are in stock. Backorders can hold up an order. I know you will get the issue resolved, hang in there.

Users Country Flag

Name
    Michael
    Sorties Flown

Thanks
    I hope so.

I hope you can understand my concerns.

I am new to the site, I make an order, get charged, don't receive the order, then when I try to contact someone about it and I get nothing.

In today's world of scams a person gets nervous when things like this happen.

I have played all kinds of various games and miniatures over the last 30+ years. I like this system and the miniatures.

I'm glad you enjoy the game, it is very addictive. I have about 100+ minis now, a lot of the members have way more than me, but it's all worth the hours of fun you will get out of them. No worries about scams here, everything is on the up & up and the members are very honorable. I have made many purchases from both the store and other members with no issues. It's a great group of people to be associated with. I completely understand your concerns though and thought I'd give you another reply to ease your mind.

Users Country Flag

Name
    Michael
    Sorties Flown

I had to place a claim with paypal.

I just checked recently and the status says paypal reversal.

So at least I am back to square one. Not sure why this has happened, a response could have gone a long way.

I brought this up to my friend that got into the game with me. He said he tried to sign up to this site and was notified that there was an issue with who referred him to the site.

Is there someone to contact about this. I am not sure what the issue could be.

Keith would be the one to contact. He occasionally travels for work so may be out of contact with the website.

Users Country Flag

Name
    Bart
    Sorties Flown

Welcome to the Aerodrome Baron Joe!

Sorry you've not had a good first impression with the Aerodrome store. I also can vouch for Keith who runs the store. Many hundreds of people on this site have ordered from him
    and he is highly regarded as honest and trustworthy. As already mentioned, he has a full time job. He supports the Wings of Glory website as well as the Sails of Glory website while
    also running the store. So he stays pretty busy! I'm sure the problem you've had is either an honest mistake or he may have gotten delayed. I hope you'll give him another chance at some point.

That said - again - welcome! And I hope you enjoy the forum!

Quote Originally Posted by Baron Joe View Post
    Hi

I am new to the Wings of Glory. Just started a few months ago.

I joined the site and found the store.

I ordered several items but never received them. My CC was charged though.

Can someone help me with this?

Mike

Hello Mike,

You initially contacted me via email yesterday morning (I'm not sure if you emailed or called first) about order #3981 and I replied to your makstang email address yesterday evening when I got home from work. It appears that you did not receive that email, so I'm posting it here for you:

Hello Michael,

I'm not showing that invoice #3981 was your order. Searching you last name, I see and order #4337 from you. However, for some reason it is flagged as "Suspected Fraud" in my system. Digging even further into it on the Paypal side, it looks like the order was place twice, 5 minutes apart. This shows up on Paypal, but not on my site.

Can you take a look at your Paypal and see what it shows please?
    This morning you emailed again (a new email, not a reply as you clearly did not receive my response) inquiring about the correct order number and then opened a dispute with Paypal less then 2 hours later. I'm not sure how those were timed with your two phone calls today.

As you have posted here, Paypal has now reversed the payment(s) and placed them on hold. My only options at this point are to either issue a full refund via the dispute system or prove to Paypal that there was an issue with the order and that it has been sent. I can't do the latter because a complete transaction was not processed on my site. So, you should see two refunds (for the double payment it looks like Paypal made) as soon as Paypal processes my response to your dispute.

Users Country Flag

Name
    Michael
    Sorties Flown

Hi Keith,

Thanks for getting back to me on this.

I saw on Paypal there was 2 orders for the same items. I only wanted one order.

I have had some issues with a few other websites when ordering and was worried something was wrong here. I thought the best way to handle it was to have paypal reverse the order.

I do want to get that order. But just one of course.

What do you need me to do to work this out?

Morning Joe.

Welcome to the Aerodrome.

The one thing you should know is that the Aerodrome Store isn't a simple shop that's connected to the forum.

Keith runs this business just to equip us forum members (and others) quick and low priced with the minis and stuff we need to play this great game(s). He does this beside hosting this great place, supporting and consulting Ares Games, being full time employed and with a family he has to care for.

I ordered a lot of times from old Europe from the Aerodrome Store with PayPal and creditcards and was 100% satisfied.

I really wonder from time to time how he manages this and if I could, I would throw a "Reputation Nuke" right on Colorado Springs.

So I hope you could understand why I had to point on this aspect.

On the other side I know that in today's world everybody expects to be served and answered within 24 hours and to be supported by a hotline. I would be nervous, too.

Welcome again to the Aerodrome - introduce yourself to the comrades in the US Wing if you got the time and we're corious for your first AAR, Herr Baron!
    Voilŕ le soleil d'Austerlitz!

Hi Keith,

Thanks for getting back to me on this.

I saw on Paypal there was 2 orders for the same items. I only wanted one order.

I have had some issues with a few other websites when ordering and was worried something was wrong here. I thought the best way to handle it was to have paypal reverse the order.

I do want to get that order. But just one of course.

What do you need me to do to work this out?

Hi Mike,

No worries man and sorry for the hassles. I'm afraid at this point the only way to get this going is for you to place another order via the AA site. If you do, post up here and I can check to make sure it went though correctly this time so you get your planes in a timely manner. I try to get all orders out within a day or two, but some times life blows up and it takes me a couple more.

Quote Originally Posted by Marechallannes View Post
    Morning Joe.

Welcome to the Aerodrome.

The one thing you should know is that the Aerodrome Store isn't a simple shop that's connected to the forum.

Keith runs this business just to equip us forum members (and others) quick and low priced with the minis and stuff we need to play this great game(s). He does this beside hosting this great place, supporting and consulting Ares Games, being full time employed and with a family he has to care for.

I ordered a lot of times from old Europe from the Aerodrome Store with PayPal and creditcards and was 100% satisfied.

I really wonder from time to time how he manages this and if I could, I would throw a "Reputation Nuke" right on Colorado Springs.

So I hope you could understand why I had to point on this aspect.

On the other side I know that in today's world everybody expects to be served and answered within 24 hours and to be supported by a hotline. I would be nervous, too.

Welcome again to the Aerodrome - introduce yourself to the comrades in the US Wing if you got the time and we're corious for your first AAR, Herr Baron!

Thanks for the kind words Sven! It can get a little hectic around here and I do take some heat from SWMBO with all the time I spend related to the game

In regards to the Rep Nuke, as this is my job:

Name:  BMDS_Model.jpg
Views: 136
Size:  164.5 KB

I'm afraid it would not make it

Users Country Flag

Name
    Michael
    Sorties Flown

Keith,

Thanks, I understand the hectic pace of things. I'm an Architectural design/drafter and I am always try to meet some ridicules deadline.

Sorry if I seemed a bit brash.

With some of my past experiences I get a little nervous ordering on-line sometimes.

I will place another order.

I like the site and I hope to learn a lot of things out that I didn't know.

Users Country Flag

Name
    Michael
    Sorties Flown

I did place another order. I think I was careful to only chick once. It should be one order.

Thank you for your trouble.

I did place another order. I think I was careful to only chick once. It should be one order.

Thank you for your trouble.
    Okay, that order came through just fine. I'll try and get it out tomorrow morning before work, so watch your email for two different shipping emails. One will be from my site and the other from Stamps.com with the tracking number.

Thanks for the order,

Keith

Users Country Flag

Name
    Michael
    Sorties Flown

Thanks Keith,

I will look for it.

Yay - I love happy endings!
    Welcome to the site Michael. As you can see, everyone will try & look after you/each other...

Similar Missions

1. The Warm Welcome Well Received.
    By Yell in forum Australian Wing
    Replies: 58
    Last Post: 06-08-2016, 13:54
  2. I've received my orders: New assignment from the Top Brass
    By Blackronin in forum Officer's Club
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 05-28-2015, 04:36
  3. I just received some more more bling!
    By Roger Wilco in forum Officer's Club
    Replies: 17
    Last Post: 10-16-2014, 17:42
  4. Ontario: Received order from Drome!
    By CdnFlyer in forum Canadian Wing
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 02-11-2013, 11:38
  5. Received a new metal.
    By CappyTom in forum Officer's Club
    Replies: 18
    Last Post: 10-16-2012, 11:30