Ares Games

Thread: Custom Cards

With my new planes needing to be photographed and put onto custom cards I had a sudden thought, why am I doing them as gaming cards, I use miniatures so there is no need, also, some of the planes are best recognised on the table by a side on view rather than a plan view.

With an hour to myself and armed with a little knowledge (it is dangerous, I know) I put this one together as Mark I. I now have a project to do all my cards along the same line.

Yes, I know it is not an Albatros, but it is Mark I muckabout.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails basecardmuckabout copy.jpg  

Very interesting George. It never surprises me what you lads can achieve with all this photoshop magic and stuff. I'm just happy to be able to get photographs onto the forum. My expertise with phoyoshop is using one layer.
    Rob.
    "Courage is the art of being the only one who knows you're scared to death."

Smile

You are definitely thinking outside the box George.
    I don't know this didn't occur to me before. I will use your idea with thanks.

Many of the best ideas are so simple. Well done.

Works for me. We don't use the cards to play with in our games either. so a side view would help those whose aircraft identification isn't up to scratch.
    Run for your life - there are stupid people everywhere!

Great idea George, but you could have come up with it before I made all the custom cards for my re-paints!

Not starting again now...mutter....,mutter...(wanders off trying to ignore the great idea that will make so much more work)

Quote Originally Posted by tonyc206 View Post
    Great idea George, but you could have come up with it before I made all the custom cards for my re-paints!

Not starting again now...mutter....,mutter...(wanders off trying to ignore the great idea that will make so much more work)
    I know the feeling. That is the problem with being at the forefront of development. You just think you have it all done, and someone steps in with a modification that is an improvement. Tony, let's drown our sorrows in the bar.
    Rob.

He He you both know you will change your cards in the end dont you

To the bar then. Now where did I put my wallet?.......

To the bar then. Now where did I put my wallet?.......
    It's O.K. Tony, I've got for safekeeping. Just let me know when you want a fiver.
    Kyte.

Quote Originally Posted by Flying Officer Kyte View Post
    It's O.K. Tony, I've got for safekeeping. Just let me know when you want a fiver.
    Kyte.
    ah, thanks, I knew I could rely on you sir. Your such a top chap. Allow me to buy you a drink at the bar.

No, gentlemen, allow me......................

Quote Originally Posted by Belis4rius View Post
    No, gentlemen, allow me......................
    Well, if you insist George old bean............Cheers!

Well, if you insist George old bean............Cheers!
    Looks as though we are in for another one of those nights chaps. Were are Gunners , Flash, IRM. and Khagor?
    Kyte.

kutnmufn

I like it! Is that a model of a D-VI? Does anyone know the manuv. cards that would go with it?

It is a Fokker DVII from Jasta 18 and uses an L deck. As I said it was only a mock up, the real cards I shall start this weekend.

Quote Originally Posted by Flying Officer Kyte View Post
    Looks as though we are in for another one of those nights chaps. Were are Gunners , Flash, IRM. and Khagor?
    Kyte.
    Watching 'Wings'
    Run for your life - there are stupid people everywhere!

Similar Missions

1. New Custom Cards
    By tonyc206 in forum Hobby Room
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 11-11-2010, 15:58
  2. Custom Cards
    By Aero825 in forum Hobby Room
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 11-02-2010, 10:39
  3. Silly Custom cards!
    By =Binks= in forum Hobby Room
    Replies: 33