Ares Games

Thread: Corsairs of the Black Sheep Squadron

Default Corsairs of the Black Sheep Squadron

Saw this today so had to post it for the Corsair fans here.

http://www.warbirdsnews.com/warbirds...lacksheep.html

Great Story Bob, It's good to see that the fate of the planes was much better than that of the Dodge Chargers from "The Dukes of Hazzard"!!!

Wonderful story! Thanks! I met John Schafhuasen when I was in high school and got to climb over his Corsair on several occasions, he and my dad were airplane friends . . . ah memories. I sent the file to my dad who was thrilled to see it at 83! Wonderful story indeed. Keep them coming, you are making me a hero to my dad!

Thumbs up

Wonderful story there Bob plus the fantastic photos.
    I loved that show & never missed an episode!

Great article, what varied careers they had.

"He is wise who watches"

Super article, many thanks for posting the link.
    I laugh in the face of danger - then I hide until it goes away!

Thanks for posting. Just sitting in a Corsair is on my bucket list!

I've just watched Episodes 1 & 2 on You Tube which tells me that 8 days after Pearl Harbour the injured Boyington deserts the Flying Tigers, steals a P40, flies it to India and re-enlists in the Marine Corps. OK so lets give him 3 months to recover from his injuries at which point we find him stationed in the Pacific. He then formsa squadron from a gaggle of misfits and starts flying Corsairs. Now the timeline as I see it can't put him later, at this point, than mid to late 1942, and I think I'm being generous now, so where the hell is he getting F4U,s? Although the Corsair was introduced in Dec 42 it was not deployed to the Pacific until Feb 43.
    I must now research Boyington to see how much of the truth this this TV series has discarded!

As always good to see what happens to these planes. Some are still with us flying.

Quote Originally Posted by Rebel View Post
    I must now research Boyington to see how much of the truth this this TV series has discarded!
    Umm... besides Boyington's name, the squadron name and designator, and the Corsairs.... >;)

way cool! even though i was already into ww2 history and warbirds by the time the show aired it definitely helped seal the deal!

Great article! Thank you. I would like to get my hands on a digital copy of the series and edit out the unimportant parts like the storyline and just watch the flight scenes. I was watching episodes just last year and there were some great planes, Japanese birds and a B-17 in addition to the Corsairs.

This also reminds me, when is series 6 coming out? I need 12 Corsairs (USA). Not want, need...

Superb Bob.
    Thanks for posting this very memorable article.
    Rob.
    "Courage is the art of being the only one who knows you're scared to death."

Scott as with you I can't wait for the Corsairs to come out. Thanks to all for the comments on this post. I always want to share things I get.

Similar Missions

1. A Christmas Greeting from Black Sheep One
    By Black Sheep One in forum Officer's Club
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 12-24-2015, 07:36
  2. WGSU: Black Sheep, The
    By Black Sheep One in forum Book Reviews
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 06-17-2013, 18:23
  3. Black Pfalz Squadron Question
    By Coog in forum WGF: Mission Discussions
    Replies: 8