Ares Games

Thread: Williamburg Mmuster 2017

Lightbulb Williamburg Mmuster 2017

There have been some changes in next years Williamsburg Muster. The date has been changed to Memorial Day weekend and a new location. They have combined WM and GOA into one con. The new location is the Hilton Doubletree in Williamsburg, not far from this years GOA site.

Rich

How will this conflict with Warbirds show? Looking at it they are a week apart. Have to look into this.

Question

Bob

You are correct WOB 2017 is May19-21. Memorial Day is 29th! I had not looked at those dates but just checked my program for last weekend.

Rich

Checked the Muster web site and they still say Feb for the date. However, MOG site has the date for May. Have to see what the wife wants to do.
    Last edited by BobP; 10-23-2016 at 14:43.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	img066.jpg 
Views:	122 
Size:	89.2 KB 
ID:	211081

Back from Fall In and found this flyer so thought I would post it.

Bob

Good, i see they have put something in writing!!!! With that i can budget my vacation time.

Rich

I checked out their site and not updated yet. I talked with Jim (Cotton Jim) and another dealer about the convention so I received a good update. I did notice that the cost went up to $35 but have been told that the hotel is really good. Have to make reservations for the Warbirds show and then this next weekend. A little travel over that week but well worth it to see good friends.

Just checked the site and there is an update on the event.

Bob

The date and not much more!

Rich

Yes they have the hotel info but say more to come.

I see the site has been upgraded but registration not up yet.

A little update on the Muster. Here is a link for registration.

Rich

http://hamptonroadsgamers.org/index.html

I just posted another WOG game starting at 7 pm Friday. "Bloody April" the title says it all.

John

My Friday game is 6pm of course!!!! See you there.

Rich

Rich sorry I will miss this one but will see you the week before at the Warbirds show.

We'll be there too, look forward to seeing those B.17's in formation!

Stuart sorry I will miss seeing you this year. Have to keep me up to date on next years happenings. Good luck and good flying.

Wilco, we will miss ya'll but I'll try to bag a Hun for you (no easy task when those She Devils take to the air!)

I know what you mean they are some skill pilots.

Quote Originally Posted by richard m schwab View Post
    John

My Friday game is 6pm of course!!!! See you there.

Rich
    #!^%##!*## Rich!

They have announced that Guns Of August 2017 will be August 25, 26, 27 at the Virginia War Museum in Newport News.

Rich

We will have to work on that! See everyone there!

Rich

They have announced that Guns Of August 2017 will be August 25, 26, 27 at the Virginia War Museum in Newport News.

Rich
    Ah! Another memory Rich. I am determined to get back to Williamsburg one of these fine days, if Mr Trump will grant me a Visa that is. Some of my ancestors were Normans.
    I hope you all have a great show in August.
    Rob.
    "Courage is the art of being the only one who knows you're scared to death."

Rob

There is more to see! While managing to lose myself in Williamsburg today, i passed the hotel you stayed in. I told myself your not lost, your almost where you need to be! This convention is five minutes away from you stayed. Lets keep the trumper out of this!

Rich

This is getting more interesting by the minute Richard.
    I will not mention card games or Jokers in the pack again. Honest!
    Rob.

A safe trip here and visiting with old and new friends. Both games went well. Last nights early 1943 themed bomber mission left the Germans chased from the sky and looking for better armed planes. This morning game set in 1944 saw much better equipped German planes, the skill of bomber gunners and allied fighter pilots canceled them out. WW1 this afternoon Stuart an JJ. Photos latter.

Rich

I look forward to seeing the photos Rich. Thank you for the update.
    Rob.

Smile

Stuart and JJ ran a great WW1 game. They were perfect hosts, they let me shot down a bomber!

Rich
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails DSC00420.jpg  

Stuart and JJ ran a great WW1 game. They were perfect hosts, they let me shot down a bomber!
    Rich
    Thank you, Colonel!

Those Gothas are fearsome critters, especially with one of the dreaded "She Devil" pilots at the controls: I believe it's only the second it's ever been shot down! Excellent flying skills, both in herding the beast away from the bomb run and sending it down in flames as it circled for another attackClick image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_2867.jpg 
Views:	29 
Size:	213.9 KB 
ID:	224073

I trust you managed to retrieve a fabric panel or propeller to display in the Officer's Mess bar as we wet down our newly minted convention medals - hint, hint

Stuart

It was a fun game, after i got my head out of the clouds! For some reason none of the photos i took Friday night were saved. I am depending on you for backup!

Rich

Roger that, flight leader. I have your six!

The ones on my phone are are a problem though because stupid, sucky Android won't let you download them, only email the darned things!

Stuart

It is strange all the photos i took Saturday are there, none of the Friday photos of your amazing bomber flying!

Rich

Looks like you all had a great time and finally Richard get to fly rather than run the game.

Quote Originally Posted by BobP View Post
    Looks like you all had a great time and finally Richard get to fly rather than run the game.
    Sometimes the CO needs to get back in the saddle and earn his flight pay - he sure hasn't lost any of his flying skills though!

Bob

You were missed! Hopefully you will make Guns of August. Then we do our Soccer War game!

Rich

Smile

Stuart

I certainly did not earn it in my games. I lost track of how many planes i lost, these photos tell it all!

Rich
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails DSC00405.jpg   DSC00406.jpg  

Similar Missions

1. Ohio: Origins 2017
    By OldGuy59 in forum US Wing
    Replies: 22
    Last Post: 06-18-2017, 08:59
  2. Hammerhead 2017 Sat 4 March 2017
    By Boney10 in forum UK Wing
    Replies: 64
    Last Post: 03-11-2017, 10:32
  3. National Doncaster 2017