Ares Games

Thread: Zeppelins and Booms

Default Zeppelins and Booms

For those of you who have operated zeps in combat - I have a couple of damage related questions, and I would be interested in knowing how you handle them - and why.

1. The Boom Card - do you use it, and what effect do you apply when it is drawn?

2. Damage Decks - For most of their useful service life it would be giving and receiving B Deck Damage. How many B Decks do you use, and how are they distributed? (do you have decks for Zeps and deck or decks for attackers, and how many of each) It seems that the ability to absorb so many points of damage means you will be doing a lot of shuffling back in. I am thinking you could have at lest two combined for the a zeppelin by itself, and a separate draw / probability pool for the attackers. Thoughts and experiences?

Let the wisdom and experience flowwww through you......

I have played a few games where the Zep is managed by damage to the gas bags in zones within - the Boom card kills a bag and those around it if I recall correctly - and damage is tracked on the Zep against the gas bags so the cards can get recycled.
    There's a few players who have these magnificent airships and doubtless they will chime in with more detail.
    If you search airship you'll find some rules others use too. Not sure but think the rules we've used are from this thread. Although images have gone somebody will have a copy.

Sapiens qui vigilat... "He is wise who watches"

For damage I keep a separate damage track for the Zeppelin so cards are just added in. Points damage takes points off zeppelin I general. Engine damage draw as for multi engined bombers. 2 hits takes an engine out and can't be repaired. Boom card takes out a cell completely and starts a fire either side. Engineers can repair a single damaged engine by spending 3 cards repairing. An engineer can put out a fire y drawing a B card. A zero and fire still going. Any number damage remove that many fire tokens. If you send me your email by pm I'll send you the sheets for both clipper variations of zeppelin.

Neil
    See you on the Dark Side......

Similar Missions

1. Zeppelins!
    By PunkReaper in forum UK Wing
    Replies: 23
    Last Post: 07-31-2015, 12:28
  2. WW I has zeppelins, what should we have in WW II?
    By Thomatchef in forum WGS: General Discussions
    Replies: 40
    Last Post: 07-19-2015, 23:48
  3. WGF Zeppelins, Again!?
    By clipper1801 in forum Hobby Room
    Replies: 14
    Last Post: 11-15-2013, 17:22
  4. AAR Mission 5 - The Final Months - Double Barrage: Lots More Booms!
    By OldGuy59 in forum Over the Trenches
    Replies: 14
    Last Post: 11-11-2013, 20:15
  5. Zeppelins?
    By Redstarny in forum WGF: General Discussions
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 05-29-2012, 18:21