Ares Games
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: October's Bench

Well, it is what I have been doing mostly this month, if not exactly Wings of Glory.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	T&T_Prototype_Comp.jpg 
Views:	125 
Size:	163.3 KB 
ID:	209775

Now, I need play-testers...
    Mike
    "Flying is learning to throw yourself at the ground and miss" Douglas Adams
    "Wings of Glory won't skin your elbows and knees while practicing." OldGuy59

Quote Originally Posted by OldGuy59 View Post
    Well, it is what I have been doing mostly this month, if not exactly Wings of Glory.

Name:	T&T_Prototype_Comp.jpg 
Views:	125 
Size:	163.3 KB 
ID:	209775

Now, I need play-testers...

Looks fun! Is this the one Andrea is working up?

Quote Originally Posted by clipper1801 View Post
    Looks fun! Is this the one Andrea is working up?
    Exactly. I'm infiltrating the design team...
    Mike

Excellent! The elves are digging out the Mattel Thing Maker . . .

Got in some WWI painting today . . .

The French get a new Breguet Br.V

Another Short 184 for the Brits

As well as pair of DH-2's

And of course the "Bugs" finally got finished ready to launch on their carts . . .

All looking good Dave.
    I do love those Kettering Bugs.
    Rob.
    "Courage is the art of being the only one who knows you're scared to death."

Exceptionally nice work on the bugs.

Latest obsession . . . 36" wing span . . .

Spanish Civil War colors will be very cool!

A little something for the grandson . . . every 4 year old needs one!!!!

The monster makes headway, slowly...

Optic test over dinner

Mocking up the iron sights--each square = 2x2", so we're talking around 2' between their final mounts once the upper arrives

Checking out the view through the sights:
    Historical Consultant/Researcher, Wings and Sails lines - Unless stated otherwise, all comments are personal opinion only and NOT official Ares policy.
    Wings Checklists: WWI (down Navarre Nieuport, Ares Drachens) | WWII (complete)

Albacores from OTS.

Name:	IMG_3598.jpg 
Views:	81 
Size:	163.0 KB 
ID:	210403

More to follow.
    Rob.

matt56's Avatar May you forever fly in blue skies.
    Major

Users Country Flag

Name
    Matt
    Sorties Flown

While not anywhere near as prolific as some on the Forum (), I have been slapping a little paint on various things - Fokker D IIs and and FE2b are in the works, as are several I need to finish up that have been taking far too long. But these two have also been waiting for some attention...

The dragon is the golden dragon from the D&D Attack Wing game - I bought him early in the year after Karl (Jager) shared his play-test of the Dragon Hunt game he was planning on running at Origins. While the colors these beasties come in is fine, I am always one to tweak, and I finally decided on the color scheme for him. The grey is a spray primer - he'll be greens and tans (PC 10 and CDL, for all intents and purposes...)

Name:	IMG_0688.jpg 
Views:	66 
Size:	89.0 KB 
ID:	210722

The von Richthofen bust has also been languishing for a while - I have to be more in the right frame of mind to paint larger figures - and over the last month decided to do a bit more on him. Still a ways to go, but I'm relatively pleased with the results so far.

Name:	IMG_0689.jpg 
Size:	110.5 KB 
ID:	210723

All the best,
    Matt

Does replacing fascia boards and rehanging gutters count as bench time?
    Indoors my current bench mess consists of converting a reproduction bc-611 from an frs to a ham band radio to feed my living history habit. Plenty of models in the queue after Old Man Winter forces me indoors once again.....

Things for October are still in serious distraction mode, with more work on this off-shoot game:

Name:	TripodsTrans1.jpg 
Views:	62 
Size:	84.6 KB 
ID:	210730

And why this is different from the prototypes up above? Link: Tripods &Triplanes: An Invasion from Mars
    Mike

Quote Originally Posted by BB401 View Post
    Does replacing fascia boards and rehanging gutters count as bench time?
    Indoors my current bench mess consists of converting a reproduction bc-611 from an frs to a ham band radio to feed my living history habit. Plenty of models in the queue after Old Man Winter forces me indoors once again.....
    I too have been wrapping up all the outdoor stuff, Painting, etc, getting ready for winter. I don't call it workbench time, I consider it more like Penance! I have a slew of stuff for Novembers bench to work on! Whoo-hoo

Quote Originally Posted by matt56 View Post
    While not anywhere near as prolific as some on the Forum (), I have been slapping a little paint on various things - Fokker D IIs and and FE2b are in the works, as are several I need to finish up that have been taking far too long. But these two have also been waiting for some attention...

The dragon is the golden dragon from the D&D Attack Wing game - I bought him early in the year after Karl (Jager) shared his play-test of the Dragon Hunt game he was planning on running at Origins. While the colors these beasties come in is fine, I am always one to tweak, and I finally decided on the color scheme for him. The grey is a spray primer - he'll be greens and tans (PC 10 and CDL, for all intents and purposes...)

Name:	IMG_0688.jpg 
Size:	89.0 KB 
ID:	210722

The von Richthofen bust has also been languishing for a while - I have to be more in the right frame of mind to paint larger figures - and over the last month decided to do a bit more on him. Still a ways to go, but I'm relatively pleased with the results so far.

That is some fine painting Matt. Reps coming your way.

All the best,
    Matt

Your von Richthofen is superlative Matt.
    I only wish I could get my skin tones that good.
    Rob.

They look fantastic Matt. I'm still on cartoon tanks. Tried something new today. Bluetack camo on some M22 Locusts.

And then a qick spray.

These tiny tanks came out fine.

Ian

Skype game anyone?

LINK -> Skype Game - Mars Attacks!
    Mike

matt56's Avatar May you forever fly in blue skies.
    Major

Users Country Flag

Name
    Matt
    Sorties Flown

Ian, your Blu-tack camo plan worked wonderfully! I love these little panzers you're putting together for your Anime game...

All the best,
    Matt

Quote Originally Posted by matt56 View Post

Absolutely superb work!

Quote Originally Posted by zenlizard View Post
    Absolutely superb work!
    Isn't it just?
    I laugh in the face of danger - then I hide until it goes away!

I thought you may like this. Here's my brother's latest paint job.

(15mm plastic soldier)

I'll keep practicing.

Ian

I'll be posting pics to the Fokker Dr.1 thread in the near future, but thought I'd contribute here first - but no pic sorry.
    Here's the link to my inspiration: https://www.google.co.nz/search?q=fo...mai4yTsIAsM%3A

I had stupidly doubled up on the Baron's Red Fokker from Ares, & decided I should really do something about it,
    otherwise it'd just sit around forever.
    I searched the net for suitable inspiration. I wanted something bright. I wanted something doable...well, doable
    for someone with a limited paint palette (a few old/nearly dry games workshop paints), & without the need to
    find decals from somewhere - far too much like hard work.

After looking on several occasions, I couldn't find a real life colour scheme I thought I could pull off, but that
    otherwise fit the bill. So - I settled on the plane from the link above. I believe it's a skin from a PC game or
    similar - but I'm not 100% sure.

It took me hours! The Baron's red is hard to eradicate! (& I'm a perfectionist)

All I need now is to spray it with some matt varnish. Which is lucky - as it'll be used this weekend in my first
    game in several years (2nd game ever), wherein we'll have 8-10 fighting on the kitchen table.

Cheers one & all...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Similar Missions

1. September's Bench?
    By clipper1801 in forum Hobby Room
    Replies: 65
    Last Post: 10-01-2016, 15:30
  2. MOAB 2016 Sydney Sat 1st October to Mon 3rd October 2016
    By Carl_Brisgamer in forum Australian Wing
    Replies: 18
    Last Post: 09-13-2016, 03:40
  3. What's on your bench for October?