Ares Games
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Aerodrome Accessories Miniature Hangars

Default Aerodrome Accessories Miniature Hangars

I would like to officially introduce the newest product in the Aerodrome Accessories lineup, the Miniature Hangars.

These Hangars will protect you miniatures form harm when traveling to the front lines for the battle of air superiority. Each Hangar is laser cut from 1 inch (25mm) foam and has been painstakingly designed to fit each and everyone one of the miniatures. No generic cutouts here, each of your cherished miniatures has a home made just for it. What good are airplanes on the front line with out ground crew support? The Hangars also has a custom cutout to hold the maneuver deck and flight stand for each plane. For more ground crew support, there is a Hangar just for damage decks and other game enhancing bits.

Hangars are going to be priced at $12.99 each.

Hangar 1

Hangar 2

Hangar 3

Hangar 4

Hangar 5

Hangar 6

Hangar 7

Hangar 8

Ground Crew Hangar

The bottom left is a double A damage deck, followed by two more A decks, a two B decks, a C and D deck finish out the damage decks. One of the spots has a stack of mission objective cards in it and the other has a few pegs and such.

This is the Force Operations bag, called Ranger, in ACU camouflage pattern. It will hold Series 1-4 planes along with two extra 1 inch trays. I have this one loaded out with the Ground Crew Tray and a tray for my F Toys/Repaints.

I made a little video showing off the bag and the trays inside it.

Quick Time

Windows Media

The Ranger bag is priced at $65.00.

outriderhobbies's Avatar Owner Outrider Hobbies
    Users Country Flag

Name
    Bryan
    Sorties Flown

One small correction Keith...

Force OPERATIONS Bags

Other than that, awesome. Looks good to see it filled with planes!

Tommy5446

Will there Be hangers made for the WWII planes too?

Waiting for these to be available on the Aerodrome Accessories site. The funding has already been appropriated and as soon as they are listed, I'm prepared to place my order!
    Last edited by usmc1855; 11-08-2010 at 17:48.

Users Country Flag

Name
    Bryan
    Sorties Flown

They are in the works. Obviously with a larger fanbase of WWI players, that is where Keith started. I'll admit I am partial to WWII, but obviously I'm the minority. Just give us a bit of time.

Very, very nice product.

looks nice, will these trays fit in army transport bags?

Users Country Flag

Name
    Bryan
    Sorties Flown

Quote Originally Posted by wargamer View Post
    looks nice, will these trays fit in army transport bags?
    Yes. Same dimensions as the pluck.

Users Country Flag

Name
    Daniel
    Arizona (Otherwise known as Hell's back porch)
    Sorties Flown

What are our colour options for the Operations bag? That is if we do not want the digital camo pattern?

Users Country Flag

Name
    Bryan
    Sorties Flown

Top to Bottom:
    Charcoal Gray - $65
    ACU Camo - $65
    Red - $75
    Yellow - $75
    Blue - $75
    Black - $75
    Navy - $75
    Gray - $75
    Dark Green - $75
    Olive Green - $75

Not Shown: (But Available)
    USMC Digital (Forest) - $80
    USMC Digital (Desert) - $80
    Woodland - $80

Users Country Flag

Name
    Bryan
    Sorties Flown

Here is Kilted Wolf's USMC Digital Forest

Users Country Flag

Name
    Daniel
    Arizona (Otherwise known as Hell's back porch)
    Sorties Flown

Quote Originally Posted by outriderhobbies View Post

Here is Kilted Wolf's USMC Digital Forest
    Sorry mate! Your photo link is broke...

Users Country Flag

Name
    Bryan
    Sorties Flown

huh, ok, here is mine:

And a red one:

When will the trays be available to purchase?

I will be adding them to the store this week for pre-order with production taking place shortly after that.

One last question. Is there a discount for ordering a complete case?

I have been waiting (drooling) in anticipation of these trays to become available before placing my complete order of accessories. (Was hoping to save some shipping.) I notice know that perhaps I should not have waited, as many of the items in my cart are now listed as "Out of Stock" where they might have been listed as "will be backordered" last week.

I am wondering how soon your obviously popular items will be restocked, so I might decide whether to just go ahead and order trays now and the rest once it becomes available!

Thanks in advance for any info!
    Ken Head - "The Cowman"
    “You're only given a little spark of madness. You mustn't lose it.” Robin Williams

Quote Originally Posted by Ed2 View Post
    I am curious about this myself

Here is a pic of my Force Operations bag; you can see more in my album. As I have said earlier, and to echo the Colonel's review -- this is an outstanding bag, made in the USA, that carries a ton of gear, and perfect for carrying our planes; I already have a desert MARPAT on order, that is how much I like these bags, and think they are an outstanding value.

Semper fi!
    Attached Images  

Question

How do I adapt the hangers to my inventory?

Frank.

The hangers and bag are great I will be getting them when I have paid off my master card!

Users Country Flag

Name
    John
    Sorties Flown

Just a small and pedantic point.

Aircraft go in a Hangar. At least they do in the RAF.

You stop your clothes from falling on the wardrobe floor by putting them on a hanger.

I'm not aware of any international spelling variation to this convention.

I will most likely add a combo deal to the store for a bag and complete set of 9 trays.

Quote Originally Posted by The Cowman View Post
    I have been waiting (drooling) in anticipation of these trays to become available before placing my complete order of accessories. (Was hoping to save some shipping.) I notice know that perhaps I should not have waited, as many of the items in my cart are now listed as "Out of Stock" where they might have been listed as "will be backordered" last week.

I am wondering how soon your obviously popular items will be restocked, so I might decide whether to just go ahead and order trays now and the rest once it becomes available!

Thanks in advance for any info!
    I really wish I could give a good answer to the Out of Stock question. I have a new laser shop working on prototypes of all my products, but they are having some issues with the files as they use a totally different system then the old shop. I am guessing it is going to be the first or second week of December before everything comes back in stock.

Quote Originally Posted by Volant Gun View Post
    How do I adapt the hangers to my inventory?

Frank.
    Do you mean how do you get trays that have a custom layout for only the minis you own?

Quote Originally Posted by Bedlam View Post
    Just a small and pedantic point.

Aircraft go in a Hangar. At least they do in the RAF.

You stop your clothes from falling on the wardrobe floor by putting them on a hanger.

I'm not aware of any international spelling variation to this convention.
    You are quite right, Thanks!

Options for Figures in Comfort bags?
    Run for your life - there are stupid people everywhere!

Quote Originally Posted by Guntruck View Post
    Options for Figures in Comfort bags?
    Will be coming later. Have to sell some of these to fund producing future trays

Thumbs up

Two thumbs up to that then!
    Last edited by Guntruck; 11-09-2010 at 07:10.
    Run for your life - there are stupid people everywhere!

Any plan to do trays just for the miniatures? It looks like nearly 50% of the space is utilized for card decks, which IMHO don't need protecting in the same manner.

Users Country Flag

Name
    Bryan
    Sorties Flown

Quote Originally Posted by Pseudotheist View Post
    Any plan to do trays just for the miniatures? It looks like nearly 50% of the space is utilized for card decks, which IMHO don't need protecting in the same manner.
    That was done to provide a space for the flight stand and maneuver deck for the planes. It wasn't so much for protection as it was for organization.

Let me see if I can do a no card option on the generic.

Ok these look great, but can you tell me if the card spaces are cut to fit cards using protective sleeves? Or am I the only one who uses them ?
    Chris

Quote Originally Posted by Boney10 View Post
    Ok these look great, but can you tell me if the card spaces are cut to fit cards using protective sleeves? Or am I the only one who uses them ?
    Chris

Since I use the FFG sleeves, this is an important question to me as well.

Col.

Is there no end to your headaches.

I use the card sleeves as well. While I would like a bit more room for the sleeves, I have found sleeved cards to fit the trays as is, with just a little deformation. I don't know how the trays will take this long-term, but for the last couple of months things seem fine.

That being said, I would purchase a generic tray with larger card areas -- if it is feasible; there isn't much room.

Cheers!

Col.

Is there no end to your headaches.
    Ah... but what wonderful headaches to have, when demand for the custom product you are selling is so high that you struggle to continue to fill orders... Congrats on what seems to be a nice success!
    Ken Head - "The Cowman"
    “You're only given a little spark of madness. You mustn't lose it.” Robin Williams

Quote Originally Posted by Boney10 View Post
    Chris
    Quote Originally Posted by wargamer View Post
    Since I use the FFG sleeves, this is an important question to me as well.
    I'll get a set of sleeves and test them. Since 95% of the gamers out there do not use them, I will not be stocking them on the store all the time. They will be a custom order type of thing at the very best.

Quote Originally Posted by The Cowman View Post
    Ah... but what wonderful headaches to have, when demand for the custom product you are selling is so high that you struggle to continue to fill orders... Congrats on what seems to be a nice success!

And I'd be supper happy if the supply issues were do to overwhelming demand and not supplier production issues

I see that the foam trays are listed in the Aerodrome Accessories. I hope the transport bags and tray and bag sets follow soon.

The bags will not be in production for some time, that is why they are not on the site yet. I'm trying to figure out how to add the Combo Package to the site now as a pre-order that will ship once the bags come in.

Question RE: Question

Do you mean how do you get trays that have a custom layout for only the minis you own?

Yes Sir.

Users Country Flag

Name
    Bryan
    Sorties Flown

Hey guys, Keith has placed his first order for trays, but I will not be cutting them until Monday. If you place your order before Sunday, that will allow Keith enough time to adjust his order to make sure there is enough to cover your orders.

Just a thought.

Quote Originally Posted by Volant Gun View Post

Yes Sir.
    I'm working on getting that to function correctly in the store. If I can't get it to work the way it should/I want... I might just put up a Generic Custom tray and you will have to list the planes you want in it in the notes or something.

Users Country Flag

Name
    Tom
    Sorties Flown

Col.
    I didn't see the statement saying otherwise, so I can only assume (You know what that does) that the hangars come equipped with miniatures........right??? LOL !!!!!
    trumpetman52

Quote Originally Posted by trumpetman52 View Post
    Col.
    I didn't see the statement saying otherwise, so I can only assume (You know what that does) that the hangars come equipped with miniatures........right??? LOL !!!!!
    trumpetman52
    Yah, I think the Col. is asking $3500.00 a set plus shipping.
    How many do you want?

I stand corrected. It should be $4000.00 a set. ($500.00, my cut)

Users Country Flag

Name
    Tom
    Sorties Flown

I'll take two, one for myself and one to give away as a present
    trumpetman52

I'll send you a PM as to where to send the cashiers check made out to cash.
    Shippings on me.

I see the bags are out of stock already, in ACU camo only. Is there an option for another colour, for example Olive Green at $75?

The bags are not in production just yet. Once they are, you will be able to select the color you want from a drop down box.

Got mine ordered and I am really looking forward to getting them.

In all honesty, I don't understand why it takes so long to stock trays that can be made fairly quickly.
    While I'm on my soapbox, can trays be made for all D.VII's, all Albatross D,Va's, all Nieuport 17's & all Dr,1's?

The delays come mostly from both Bryan and my self having full time careers and families. That means we have to do this in the free time that we create (and we have to create quite a bit of it for this stuff). Add into that the unforeseen issues that always happen (like 100 trays getting lost in the mail on Christmas eve by FedEx) and you should start to see why it takes a while to get things done.

Trust me, know one wants to have the products in stock more then me!

As for trays of all one type of plane, I am working on custom trays for the site. You will be able to select any of the current Wings of War planes in any amounts up to the limit of 6. This means you can order a tray with exactly the combo of planes you want. Being custom trays they will cost a little more and take a little longer to produce. Just some things to think about.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Similar Missions

1. Sneak peak, new Aerodrome Accessories product
    By Oberst Hajj in forum Aerodrome Accessories
    Replies: 163
    Last Post: 01-30-2011, 06:01
  2. Site: Introducing Aerodrome Accessories
    By Oberst Hajj in forum Site News and Announcements
    Replies: 128
    Last Post: 12-03-2010, 18:38
  3. A Slight Aerodrome Accessories Mod
    By Capt. DeLorme in forum 1/144 Scale Dawn of War