Ares Games

Thread: 3 Views of WWII Naval Ships

Default 3 Views of WWII Naval Ships

Hey all, I have been following the "Corral Sea" thread over in the Dawn of War "Scenario Discussing" section and now I'm on the hunt for any good web sites with 3 views of WWII Naval Ships. I have found a few good pics here and there but nothing substantial.

Does anyone know of some sites with 3 views of ships?

I have found a lot of stuff at:
    http://www.the-blueprints.com/frontpage/

Some of the ships are three view, a lot of them are side / top view.

Hope this helps.

That is a great site! Not only a ton of ships but planes, tanks, cars, and more! Thanks

Hey Ryan, this is the site where I downloaded the Shoho file in my profile,
    http://commons.wikimedia.org/wiki/Ca...wings_of_ships There are various IJN ships as well as several German ships and other little tidbits!

Dave

There is some really good pictures on those links fellas, nice work!!

Thanks Dave, there is a lot of great stuff on that link also!

Ryan

Users Country Flag

Name
    Dennis
    Sorties Flown

Quote Originally Posted by rkhlegacy View Post
    Does anyone know of some sites with 3 views of ships?
    Here's a site that has drawings from the 1943-45 Naval Recognition Manual. They are plan views for Classes of Ships not individual ships, so all ships shown are lead ships of their class.

Mostly Top/Side drawings but included with most of the drawings are actual photos showing all 3 sides.

Cheers
    CyberMaxX

PS: Since the subjects on WWII Naval Ships have a look at this. Now there's someone who has to much time on their hands. Enjoy!
    Last edited by CyberMaxX; 10-22-2009 at 09:26.

Wow! That is a cool "model" ship. I dont even think that should be called a model waaaay too big!

Users Country Flag

Name
    Tim
    Sorties Flown

If you take a look at this site, http://www.globalsecurity.org/milita...s/ship/old.htm, you're presented with a pretty good list of WWII era warships mostly put together by ship class. Click on a ship class like "BB-61 Iowa" and you're brought to a data page. On the right hand side of the data page, if it's available, you should see a link called "Ship Plans/Schematics." Clicking that link will bring you to some line drawings of the vessel, though sometimes there's more (like in the case of the Iowa class).

The artwork can be a little sketchy for some of the ships, and you don't always get a three point view of them. Overall though, it can be useful.

Quote Originally Posted by Dathbain View Post
    Wow! That is a cool "model" ship. I dont even think that should be called a model waaaay too big!
    That guy takes his hobby very serious! Now if he could just rig up some paintball markers to those deck guns, he could shell passing boaters!

Quote Originally Posted by Dathbain View Post
    Maybe it should be a "Reduced Replica"

Another decent site is Acepilots.com. They have top and side view of different ships including armament and fire coverage for the main guns.

Here is a sample image of the IJN Kongo battleship