Ares Games

Thread: What is it?

Lightbulb What is it?

The Fighter Factory is working on several projects for the upcoming WW1 air show in October. This curiosity was outside the hanger! The DR1 wing inside.

Rich
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails P8240054.jpg   P8240060.jpg   P8240053.jpg  

Quote Originally Posted by richard m schwab View Post
    The Fighter Factory is working on several projects for the upcoming WW1 air show in October. This curiosity was outside the hanger! The DR1 wing inside.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Engine Test Stand-P8240054.jpg 
Views:	58 
Size:	166.7 KB 
ID:	205999
    Rich
    I'd say it was an engine test stand, for checking out engines off the airframe. Either acceptance testing, or for maintenance in a workshop.
    Mike
    "Flying is learning to throw yourself at the ground and miss" Douglas Adams
    "Wings of Glory won't skin your elbows and knees while practicing." OldGuy59

It is an original LeRhone. If you are on Facebook here is a link to a run up of it.

Rich

https://www.facebook.com/FighterFactory/?ref=br_rs

Quote Originally Posted by richard m schwab View Post
    It is an original LeRhone. If you are on Facebook here is a link to a run up of it.

https://www.facebook.com/FighterFactory/?ref=br_rs
    And two minutes later, there's a rush on the porta-potties.... >;)

Smile

Chris

Standing downwind could open you up! I will inquire what lubrication they use these days!

Rich

That is an interesting video to watch, Richard, particularly the way the propeller blades appear to bend.

David

I keep watching it, knowing that the engine is spinning at the same speed as the prop but the cylinders seem fixed!

Rich

Great to watch - you wouldn't think that little rig could drag you round the skies let alone into combat.

Sapiens qui vigilat... "He is wise who watches"