Ares Games

Thread: Quick and dirty BOB bash

Default Quick and dirty BOB bash

A friend and I had a quick, single mat dogfight to christen the new game mat and try out the magnets I ordered from the Aerodrome as well as some of the ace rules. RAF had a single Hurricane and one Spit Mk II, both the spiffy ace abilities. The Luftwaffe had two 109E-3s and a Bf-110C4 with standard pilots. Sadly, the game was moving so quickly that I didn't always remember to snap photos. At any rate, it was a fun little battle that was over all to quickly. There wasn't much room to manoeuvre around and it pretty much ended after a single head on pass with one 109 down in flames and both RAF planes flying off the map from rudder damage. Their ace abilities didn't help much in this case.

I cut a single peg in half and mounted the ring magnet to one half and the gimbal to the other but they just weren't quite strong enough. The 109s and the Spitfire worked well but the 110 and the Hurricane were just a little too heavy and would flop over if the angle was more than about 15 degrees forward or aft or about 20 degrees left/right. Oh well, still looks cool when it works.

Great photos of the game. Always good to see the planes in action.

Similar Missions

1. WGF Another Quick and Dirty Repaint !
    By flash in forum Hobby Room
    Replies: 11
    Last Post: 08-07-2013, 10:54
  2. Quick and Dirty Stands or Desperate Measures!!!
    By hoady02 in forum WGS: General Discussions
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 09-22-2012, 21:39
  3. Quick and Dirty Lewis Gunners
    By jbmacek in forum Hobby Room
    Replies: 15
    Last Post: 02-25-2012, 07:27
  4. Fokker, this dirty, dirty word
    By petitbilbo in forum Officer's Club
    Replies: 37
    Last Post: 06-29-2011, 02:28
  5. Birthday Bash.