Ares Games

Thread: Wings of War SPAD XIII vs. Reveresco SPAD XIII

sucklingpig

Default Wings of War SPAD XIII vs. Reveresco SPAD XIII

Hello all,

I love all the wings of war miniatures, but the SPAD XIII seems a little small to scale compared to the other planes. The SPAD XIII had a 26'6" wingspan compared to the Camel's 26'11". The miniatures don't seem to represent that little of a difference. I know I'm being a little over-the-top, but was wondering if the Reveresco or Skytrex SPAD XIII is a little more close to scale. Any help would be great.

Thanks,

Pig

Unless I am doing my math wrong, wouldn't that scale down to a less than 1 mm difference? I am not sure my 43 yr old eyes would be able to tell the difference...
    Ken Head - "The Cowman"
    “You're only given a little spark of madness. You mustn't lose it.” Robin Williams

I've just offered my F toys Spad VII up to one of my camels and though it does look small the difference seems pretty consistent with scale. - I'm afraid my S7 is my only Spad - over to the rest of you's

The F-toys SPAD VII is a little larger than the WoW SPAD XIII, it should be the other way around. I have an unbuilt Reviresco SPAD XIII and it is larger than the F-Toys SPAD VII, as it should be. So short story long yes I think the WoW Spad XIII is a bit under scale. I think the Reviresco is about the right scale, the kit I have is OK but there is some MAJOR work to do in terms of filling in holes in the wings and fuselage. I'm not sure how to fix the wings without ruining the rib detail. So I really can not recommend the kit. If you need more info Max, let me know.
    Last edited by gregbond77; 11-06-2010 at 15:52. Reason: spelling

Quote Originally Posted by gregbond77 View Post
    I think the Reviresco is about the right scale, the kit I have is OK but there is some MAJOR work to do in terms of filling in holes in the wings and fuselage. I'm not sure how to fix the wings without ruining the rib detail.
    If you fill in the flaws with greenstuff, you can use a round needle file and wet & dry paper to reinstate the detail in a very few strokes.
    Rob.
    "Courage is the art of being the only one who knows you're scared to death."

sucklingpig

Thanks for the help. So there are holes in the wings and fuselage on all Reveresco kits? I'm new to this level of modeling, any reason why that is?

I love me some SPAD, and it will be nice to have one in all its true grandeur.

Quote Originally Posted by sucklingpig View Post
    Thanks for the help. So there are holes in the wings and fuselage on all Reveresco kits? I'm new to this level of modeling, any reason why that is?

I love me some SPAD, and it will be nice to have one in all its true grandeur.
    There are holes for the inter wing struts on all of his kits.. The other holes were caused by bad casting. It seems to be a common occurance. With time, work, and patience you can correct the mistakes. You just have to be willing to do the extra work. Other than the casting mistakes it is a good kit.

Quote Originally Posted by Flying Officer Kyte View Post
    If you fill in the flaws with greenstuff, you can use a round needle file and wet & dry paper to reinstate the detail in a very few strokes.
    Rob.
    The problem with this kit is that the wing ribs are so close together. Even my mini-needle file will not fit in between the ribs. The only way to correct the problem, as I see it, is with a folded piece of sand paper.

Quote Originally Posted by gregbond77 View Post
    The problem with this kit is that the wing ribs are so close together. Even my mini-needle file will not fit in between the ribs. The only way to correct the problem, as I see it, is with a folded piece of sand paper.
    Ah! I did mine before assembly. Sorry.
    Rob.
    "Courage is the art of being the only one who knows you're scared to death."

Similar Missions

1. SPAD Cannon
    By LGKR in forum Hobby Room
    Replies: 20
    Last Post: 06-28-2017, 03:40
  2. Spad XIII Wasp
    By BryanR in forum WGF: General Discussions
    Replies: 29
    Last Post: 05-21-2011, 04:13
  3. SPAD VII
    By chimpchoker in forum WGF: General Discussions
    Replies: 6