Ares Games

Thread: On the Road to Williamsburg

Smile On the Road to Williamsburg

Just finished packing for Guns of August 2016. On to Williamsburg!

Rich

Enjoy!
    Run for your life - there are stupid people everywhere!

Planes, camera and all packed for the trip tomorrow. Should be there by 1300. See you all there.

Looks like we will have a great time. So looking forward to the games and being with good friends. Only thing is getting use to new terrain. I knew the area from the other hotel so have to learn the new area.

matt56's Avatar May you forever fly in blue skies.
    Major

Users Country Flag

Name
    Matt
    Sorties Flown

Have a great time, lads! We shall enjoy living vicariously through your reports and pictures - fly safe, my friends...

All the best,
    Matt

We had a good time playing Johns gave. A hybrid version and a straight up version!

Rich

How was the new venue ? Will it be replacing the Patriot for other events ?

Chris

We had fun! As for the site, it is a larger hall which is nice. The hotel is bigger and in about the same condition as the holiday in. For purpose of gaming it was fine.

Rich

Back from GOA a few hours ago and posted two AAR's. Good time being with friends I have made at this event over the past few years. Many thanks to Rich for running the games we played. I mentioned both of these ideas to him and he ran with them so I have to give him the thanks for that. I also have to comment on the event. As Rich stated about the same as the Holiday Inn but much bigger as far as gaming area and number of rooms. He said SHORTY'S had a good breakfast and I did enjoy mine this morning.

I wonder if he may run with an idea I gave him this weekend for the Muster in Feb ?

Bob

You are welcome! It took me nearly two hours to get home. I-64 was a parking lot from Williamsburg to the section that widens out in Newport News! Are you talking about something South of The Border? I think on Friday night i will do a 1943 Daylight Bomber Raid. Stuart is interested in that and it would fit the convention theme! Hollywood At War!

Rich

Had a great time guys. Thanks for the game we played. Those SheDevils were very tough. We will try to make it out next year.

Thomas

Have to remember to take pictures of the players next time.

Rich I was in DC 2 hours after we left. Only traffic was by Fredericksburg and it just slowed down a bit. Back in MD before noon and the breakfast was good. Yes I think the South of the Boarder might be a good flight. May have to take some artistic license for some of the planes though.

Smile

Tom

I warned you about them before you came down!

Rich

Bob

We may do that Friday night! Save the bombers for Saturday morning!

Rich

Guess I have to work on the bombers I have. The more the merrier.

Smile

Random photos from GOA 16

Rich
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails P8260110.jpg   P8260108.jpg   P8260092.jpg   P8260096.jpg   P8260078.jpg  

P8260077.jpg   P8260071.jpg   P8260063.jpg  

Quote Originally Posted by richard m schwab View Post
    Bob

You are welcome! It took me nearly two hours to get home. I-64 was a parking lot from Williamsburg to the section that widens out in Newport News! Are you talking about something South of The Border? I think on Friday night i will do a 1943 Daylight Bomber Raid. Stuart is interested in that and it would fit the convention theme! Hollywood At War!

Rich
    Hey Rich, that sounds great - I volunteer to be Clark Gable (which means I'll almost certainly forget my camera now!)

If you need any extra 'forts I got nine of them in 303rd BG markings..........

Quote Originally Posted by BobP View Post
    Have to remember to take pictures of the players next time.

Rich I was in DC 2 hours after we left. Only traffic was by Fredericksburg and it just slowed down a bit. Back in MD before noon and the breakfast was good.
    Yeah, we definitely need a 'team photo'! All the traffic was on I-64: an RV caught fire just before the Norge exit west of Billyburg, we saw it happen, 12 cars in front of us.

Looks like they drew the boom card

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_2384.jpg 
Views:	20 
Size:	177.7 KB 
ID:	206039

Quote Originally Posted by Albert Ross View Post
    Yeah, we definitely need a 'team photo'! All the traffic was on I-64: an RV caught fire just before the Norge exit west of Billyburg, we saw it happen, 12 cars in front of us.

Name:	IMG_2384.jpg 
Views:	20 
Size:	177.7 KB 
ID:	206039
    Yes, we were behind this about a mile. Stuck in traffic. I hoped all got out in time.

Thomas

Quote Originally Posted by Albert Ross View Post

Looks more like two smoke cards to me Stuart.
    Poor blighters, hope they were all ok - my neighbours ignited on his driveway last month whilst he was working on it, electrical fire that totalled the wiring loom, and hence the vehicle, it was so quick. He's a fireman so put it out very quickly before it got fully involved but the damage was done.

Nice pics by the way Richard

"He is wise who watches"

Quote Originally Posted by flash View Post
    Looks more like two smoke cards to me Stuart.
    Poor blighters, hope they were all ok - my neighbours ignited on his driveway last month whilst he was working on it, electrical fire that totalled the wiring loom, and hence the vehicle, it was so quick. He's a fireman so put it out very quickly before it got fully involved but the damage was done.

Nice pics by the way Richard
    Well actually it was! Here's the first one

Name:	IMG_2381.jpg 
Views:	9 
Size:	180.4 KB 
ID:	206044

And the second

Name:	IMG_2383.jpg 
Views:	9 
Size:	142.0 KB 
ID:	206045

No injuries reported, thank God, but there was an 8 mile tailback; I was thinking of getting my planes out of the trunk, spreading a couple of mats over the hood of the car and having an impromptu game!

http://www.dailypress.com/news/traff...828-story.html

Your neighbor must have been a little embarrassed - a fireman taking his work home! Although not as bad as a friend of mine who called me one time to say he had locked himself out out the house. As a prison guard locking and unlocking doors is what you do all day............
    Last edited by Albert Ross; 08-30-2016 at 07:53.

Similar Missions

1. On the road to Williamsburg 2015
    By richard m schwab in forum Officer's Club
    Replies: 14
    Last Post: 02-10-2015, 18:05
  2. On the road to Williamsburg 2013!
    Replies: 14
    Last Post: 02-05-2013, 13:36
  3. On the road to Williamsburg!
    Replies: 15
    Last Post: 08-12-2012, 13:39
  4. On the road to the Williamsburg Muster!
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 02-03-2012, 19:00
  5. Williamsburg Muster in Williamsburg Virginia!
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 12-05-2010, 18:12