Ares Games

Thread: The perfect meal?

Default The perfect meal?

In response to csadn's thread about the perfect beer I decided to start one about the perfect meal. Now, being of German heritage I will not argue the point that a plate of sausages and speotzel wins hands down, however there are some other great Comfort food dishes out there. For example, my Wife & daughter were gone for the weekend so I reverted to my Bachelor days and had a pound of Bacon for dinner. MY GOD IT WAS AWESOME and strengthened my already very tight bond with my two Schnauzers. I'm sure it may have reduced my lifespan a bit, but it was a POUND of Bacon! My two favorite beers were not available, Hacker Pschorr Weiss or Zweic (an OUTSTANDING Polish Pilsner) so I went with the 'ol standby. Luckily for my Health, they do not leave me home alone often. The Dogs are very upset.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 2015-01-05 22.04.27_resized.jpg  

OK, so welcome to the Bohemia
    Quite typical for Czech quisine is pork meat with cabbage and Czech dumplings. Of course, with

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	9f00a77cef1e99c45d97720589290e6545887f35.jpg 
Views:	35 
Size:	103.1 KB 
ID:	205501

Yes, the occasional bacon sarnie does go down a treat

Run for your life - there are stupid people everywhere!

Ahhh bacon In my youth (many decades ago ) my brother and I existed on cheesecake for the week our parents left us at home while they were on holiday - alas those days are far far behind me so my favourite food only comes out at family BBQs, when my brother, nephew and I fight over who gets the last slice

Not one but two perfect meals:

For a quick bite on the go - Wurst, Sauerkraut mit Senf (smoked sausage, in this case the cheese kransky, sauerkraut and mustard served on a fresh sesame seed bun). This photo was taken at a school BBQ I ran when I was the P&C (same as PTA) President. I introduced the German sausage with sauerkraut instead of the usual BBQ variety and profits went through the roof!

Name:	Kranskies.jpg 
Views:	26 
Size:	183.0 KB 
ID:	205518

For a sit down meal - Schweinshaxe, Sauerkraut mit Kartoffel (pork knuckle, sauerkraut and mashed potato with a beer jus and apple compote). Washed down with some Warsteiner of course.

Name:	Pork Knuckle.jpg 
Views:	26 
Size:	197.8 KB 
ID:	205519

Smile

No Photos Chaps & Lasses but I must admit a toasted Cheese & Bacon sandwich with BBQ sauce comes close but my real favourite is a medium rare Porterhouse Steak with onion rings. baked pumpkin & potatoes with a port wine gravy! Oh & of course a couple of glasses of Red Baron Shiraz.

All of those dishes look fantastic, I am actually salivating like a dog looking at them.

You will only live about two weeks in WW1 fighting over the front lines in the air. Live it up, eat and be happy, and enjoy life.

Looked at this a few times and had to think. First a cold beer. Now have to think what best to go with that.

O Mighty Bacon
    We pray to Thee
    For without Thee
    We may as well be Vegan.

[apologies to Mel Brooks]

Thin cut potatoes fried in butter and beef sausage

Similar Missions

1. Replies: 2033
    Last Post: 11-07-2023, 04:26
  2. The perfect drink for a WW1 game!
    By gully_raker in forum Officer's Club
    Replies: 15