Ares Games

Thread: 7 years on the Forum

Default 7 years on the Forum

Just doing some admin on my profile page and noticed I joined www.wingsofwar.org seven years ago today - 19/08/2009. Five of us enlisted that day, including afilter (Aaron). The forum was very new then (the member list says I'm member no.24) and I am so very glad it has developed into such a strong, vibrant, and inclusive online community.

Thanks especially to Keith for taking the initiative to start the project and his continued support, but also to all admins and members who have helped build a great forum and contributed so much to promote the enjoyment of Wings of Glory WW1 & WW2 and the historical settings in which it is based.

Cheers,

Carl.

(Seven years! Where does the time go? My first marriage barely lasted that long!)

Wow, 7 years! You've seen it all I guess.

Congratulations on your seven years!

Congrats Carl, that certainly is a worthy milestone to commemorate. Here is to more years

Long service stripe for that one Carl ? Well done mate

"He is wise who watches"

Congratulation on 7 years and being one of the first in here.

So you belong to the deepest digital sediments of the Aerodrome, Carl.

Congratulations.

Thank you for your presence & input here, comrade.
    Voilà le soleil d'Austerlitz!

Good grief Carl is it really that long. And I have been retired for ten. I wonder what I did to fill in my time during those three years?
    Allow me to raise my glass to you and the other founder members.
    Rob.
    "Courage is the art of being the only one who knows you're scared to death."

Congrats Carl, very few of the early members are still active these days. Back then I did not really know what I was creating, I just knew I did not like the Yahoo Group that was already established!

I might have built this place, but it's you the members that truly make it what it is!

I just had a quick check, only 7 of the first 25 members have posted this year...and several of those not in months.

Surprisingly, there are 56 members that joined in 2009 that have made a post this year!

Congratulations on your 7th mate

You certainly have made a contribution to the game and helped many members like me. BTW I just finished that 77 squadron book you recommended and it was a really interesting read. I had no idea Korea wss like that.

Many congratulations, Carl, and thank you for all that you contribute to this site!

Thanks for being an awesome member of this Forum, Carl.

Love your input, and your camaraderie! It is always nice getting comments from you.
    Mike
    "Flying is learning to throw yourself at the ground and miss" Douglas Adams
    "Wings of Glory won't skin your elbows and knees while practicing." OldGuy59

Thumbs up

Congratulations Carl! You are a true WoW/WoG Veteran!

Allow me to shout you a few celebratory drinks.

Quote Originally Posted by Baxter View Post
    Congratulations on your 7th mate

You certainly have made a contribution to the game and helped many members like me. BTW I just finished that 77 squadron book you recommended and it was a really interesting read. I had no idea Korea wss like that.
    Thanks Gary. Great book wasn't it? Pretty tough campaign with significant casualties.

Congratulations, Carl.
    I wish I had found this place (and the games) 7 years ago.

Got some catchin' up to do ...

Congrats Carl
    Run for your life - there are stupid people everywhere!

Forst of all - congratulations to awesome milestone, Carl. It is great you are still here and active

I remember pretty well my start here. There was only a simple site in Czech language (Broken Stick, if I remember well) and I really wanted to share my passion for those tiny airplanes so I found Aerodrome. These day few things worked in different way - for example, there was a special badge for the member who has most wingmans or even a spammer one (I had it for few days :emabrassed: It was a nice time, but now I feel that this site is more than a forum. And believe me, I am glad for every ative member here.

Congrats Carl. Your post prompted me to check my join date and my 7 year anniversary comes in April next year.

Smile

Quote Originally Posted by Biggles downunder View Post
    Congrats Carl. Your post prompted me to check my join date and my 10 year anniversary comes in April next year.
    Hang about Wayne!
    That wont be until 2020!

Quote Originally Posted by gully_raker View Post
    Hang about Wayne!
    That wont be until 2020!
    Yeah just picked up on my crap maths and edited my post - colour me embarrassed!!

Looks like your 7 years has cause a few folks to check out how they have been here. I hit 5 2 months ago and have enjoyed every time I come into the room. Great people with fantastic skills/knowledge and friendship.

Congratulations Carl!!!!! You're a very important person to the community! Here's to more 7 years!!

matt56's Avatar May you forever fly in blue skies.
    Major

Users Country Flag

Name
    Matt
    Sorties Flown

Well done, Carl! Congratulations on your longevity and prolific posting - great stuff all around

Keep those posts coming...
    All the best
    Matt

Glad your still here, Carl, with all the great posts and info.
    Let's go through a fifth, then a couple more to round it up:
    Karl
    It is impossible for a man to begin to learn what he thinks he knows. -- Epictetus

Similar Missions

1. Four years in the best forum ever!
    By Blackronin in forum Officer's Club
    Replies: 46
    Last Post: 12-10-2015, 02:10
  2. New to the forum.
    By Twisted_terrain in forum UK Wing
    Replies: 37
    Last Post: 01-06-2014, 00:45
  3. FFG WoW Forum....
    By afilter in forum Officer's Club
    Replies: 5