Ares Games

Thread: Triplanes & D7's

Default Triplanes & D7's

Hello, I'm a newbie, how can I get my hands on a WOW miniature Fokker D7, or any kind of WOW miniature triplane?? I have started collecting as many WOW biplanes as I can, but can not find any of the above planes anywhere. Are the minis like the collectable card games, or other collectable mini games? I hope not!
    It isn't quite fair to the new players not being able to obtain certain planes, just because the series has run out. I'm not a collector, but a player of this fine game.
    I play alot of other miniature games, & I like the look & feel of a 3d game. The original cards that came with the game, are beautiful pieces of art, but they can't hold a candle to a miniature.
    Thankyou, pistonpopper

It's not going to be easy to find any of those, they are pretty much sold out every where. They are not collectibles like the card games though, they are just sold out right now.

And welcome to the Aerodrome.

Welcome to the aerodrome Joe.

They are available, just at silly prices on Ebay (there is a Udet D.VII going for $64), but there is also a Kempf DR1 for $14.50 at the moment although that price is likely to rise.

On this side of the pond our own purveyor of decals pas excellence, Dom of Dom's Decals, has a couple of tripehounds in stock by the look of it.
    Run for your life - there are stupid people everywhere!

Users Country Flag

Name
    Dom
    Sorties Flown

Rahn and Kempf triplanes are currently no problem in the UK, but the D.VII is pretty much impossible at the moment - bring on a reprint, please.... :-(

Yeah, I'm pretty new too (I have 3 minis) I want a Dr1 but my LGS dosen't have any and I really only get them from there. For a Dr1, try the link to the Canadian deluxe set under the Col's "What to get as a new player" thread.

The Revised Deluxe set expected for release at the end of this year will also include a Dr.I triplane with an all-new color scheme (along with lots of other planes, cards and assorted goodness).

Notice the reprints on the FFG site schedule do not include the Red original series Dr.1, or the Udet D.VII. Which mite explain the ebay prices - as collectors get overly frantic to grab while the grabbing is available.

Welcome to the site Joe, lots of good info and great people, enjoy.

Welcome to the Drome, Joe. Hang in there. Eventually the planes will be restocked and you can get your D.VII's and Tri-planes. You'll just have to be patient. If I had an extra I'd sell it to you, but unfortunately I don't.

Scott

Joe...hang in there as they'll probably redo them all again eventually. I missed the Richtofen tripe the first time around, and prices got crazy for a year or so. Then, they redid them again along with others from Series 1 and things were back to normal. It seems like a cyclical thing, but I'll bet you'll see them all again at a reasonable price within a year or two.

Quote Originally Posted by pistonpopper View Post
    Hello, I'm a newbie, how can I get my hands on a WOW miniature Fokker D7, or any kind of WOW miniature triplane?? I have started collecting as many WOW biplanes as I can, but can not find any of the above planes anywhere. Are the minis like the collectable card games, or other collectable mini games? I hope not!
    It isn't quite fair to the new players not being able to obtain certain planes, just because the series has run out. I'm not a collector, but a player of this fine game.
    I play alot of other miniature games, & I like the look & feel of a 3d game. The original cards that came with the game, are beautiful p ieces of art, but they can't hold a candle to a miniature.
    Thankyou, pistonpopper
    Joe, I just sent you a PM where to get a Dr.1 Rahn and a D.VII Schafer.
    They also have Udet's D.VII
    Last edited by Ed2; 11-05-2010 at 22:57.

Hey Ed, plz send me a copy of that site as well.... just saw the ebay on the udet d7 go for 150....

thanks,
    Al

Users Country Flag

Name
    Dom
    Sorties Flown

That's absolutely freaking insane.... Part of me thinks "for crying out loud" and part "I don't have the box, but maybe my Udet D.VII needs listing on Ebay"....

Dom, wishing he was a better person....

Quote Originally Posted by wargamer View Post
    Hey Ed, plz send me a copy of that site as well.... just saw the ebay on the udet d7 go for 150....

thanks,
    Al
    Al, just sent you an email.

Quote Originally Posted by Ed2 View Post
    Al, just sent you an email.
    It looks like one or both of you guys cleaned them out of the Dr1's and the D.VII's. (at least I hope it was one of you)
    Last edited by Ed2; 11-06-2010 at 17:06.

Quote Originally Posted by Ed2 View Post
    It looks like one or both of you guys clleaned them out of the Dr1's and the D.VII's. (at least I hope it was one of you)

by the time i got there and got the last two shafer d7's that was all there was.

btw, thx again for the site

Quote Originally Posted by Dom S View Post
    That's absolutely freaking insane.... Part of me thinks "for crying out loud" and part "I don't have the box, but maybe my Udet D.VII needs listing on Ebay"....

Dom, wishing he was a better person....
    That's unbelievable, it's not as if you'll never be able to get them again. Maybe I should put my boxed Richtofen Dr1 up and spend the Winter in the Bahamas ! (kidding, honest )

Quote Originally Posted by pistonpopper View Post
    I play alot of other miniature games, & I like the look & feel of a 3d game. The original cards that came with the game, are beautiful pieces of art, but they can't hold a candle to a miniature.
    Thankyou, pistonpopper
    Try Legends in Time Joe. They are sold out on some but it looks like they still
    have a Kempf DrI and an Udet DVII

http://www.legends-in-time.com/Main....hirdLink=&pg=2

Thanks for all of the info guys!! This site is tops! My friend, Ronald R. S. & I, have just made a "frantic" order of 16 more WW1 WOW planes. We were afraid of not being able to get more once they are sold out. This brings our total up to 26. Thats 13 to a side.
    We keep recruiting new players, as the game plays best with more people. This weekend we introduced the game to 3 more, & these guys had never played a war game,let alone a miniatures game in their life!
    Thanks again, Joe