Ares Games

Thread: The New Chronicals of Clipper

Default The New Chronicals of Clipper

Popped into the office and found a large box taking up residence on my desk. After removing the colorful camo, this emerged

The contents proved to be the same thing on the box! Love it when that happens! Quickly approved by Mrs. Clipper, it found its new home in the dining room, little did I suspect a secondary agenda!

Seems it matches the decor change she was planning, a second item is winging its way here as well, with matching wood trim and multiple shelves and storage drawers . . . I am informed my outside in the garage shop time has been curtailed and we must think "outside the garage inside" . . . insert Wanko the Sane visit, HHGTTG reference

Mesmerized by the beauty I was not tracking message entering my ears . . .

"there will be a drawer and a place for everything except the power tools dear" . . . what? To be continued . . .

I eagerly look forward to this developing saga.

Hm, the dimensions/weight are? Been looking for something to replace my increasingly inadequate storage bin for my WGF minis. Well, 'increasingly inadequate' due to the collection growing. Something like this *might* be less expensive than the Aerodrome ACE storage trays (sorry, Herr Oberst).

That looks to be very handy. Might have to tidy up my work space with one. Oh Wifey....

Google Trinity tool boxes for the specs, they have a wide range of boxes for sure. This one is not particularly adaptable for minis, it is more of a working tool box. I have been loading it with my tools and find it is going to be great for building indoors . . . for minis storage and game store take alongs, I am looking at the old shooter's box I had when doing pistol competitions in the 60's . . . something like this but with tray drawers to hold boxes of minis . . .

Lots of images and plans on google: competition pistol box plans et al . . .

Oh, a portable pocket billiards project!

don't forget to add the cup holders and ice chest unit . . .

Thumbs up

That's a nice looking bit of "Kit" there Dave.

Looks like a very useful setup there Dave.
    Run for your life - there are stupid people everywhere!

Can Herr Oberst do foam inserts ?!

Sapiens qui vigilat... "He is wise who watches"

reminds me of my grandpas toolbox!

matt56's Avatar May you forever fly in blue skies.
    Major

Users Country Flag

Name
    Matt
    Sorties Flown

I'm all for it, if it gets your tools "aesthetically stored" inside the house so they're easier to access and use...

Glad to see you're making progress with your return to 'duty', Dave!

Always the best,
    Matt

David--I have been using an old Oak Machinist's tool box for my hobby tools for years now. I find it's the best way to store them, and being decorative it adds to my workbench. One drawer is for screwdrivers, one for files, one for all the neat dental tools and tweezers, etc. Your box is a modern version of mine so I know it will fit your needs perfectly and look great doing it.

Similar Missions

1. Clipper's Dad Delivers!
    By clipper1801 in forum Officer's Club
    Replies: 14
    Last Post: 07-09-2014, 16:54
  2. THANK YOU Clipper!!!
    By Thomatchef in forum Officer's Club
    Replies: 16
    Last Post: 01-22-2014, 12:08
  3. Thank you Clipper.
    By Flying Officer Kyte in forum WGF: General Discussions
    Replies: 47
    Last Post: 12-26-2013, 10:22
  4. This looks like Clipper's doing to me!
    By somaliavet in forum Officer's Club
    Replies: 11
    Last Post: 08-06-2013, 15:23
  5. Cap'n Clipper
    By cpflyer in forum Officer's Club
    Replies: 15
    Last Post: 07-03-2012, 11:36