Ares Games

Thread: Coming in hot

Default Coming in hot

At the end of tonight's mission a German DR1 was heading back to base on fire. As he reached safety on his last card of the turn, he drew his 'A' card for fire damage and pulled a 3 which wiped out all his remaining structural points: as Game Master, how do I score this one?

Is it s shoot down, chased off or crash landing, destroying the aircraft (and spilling the pilot's beer) - as there are just two points between the sides at the moment, the verdict on this could be critical!

Sounds like he was still flying at the time so I'd say he's shot down as a flamer. Just because you fly over an airfield or over a boundary to 'safety' doesn't mean that the effects of a fire should no longer have an effect.
    In OTT we draw all flame damage due and apply the effects even if the mission has ended or the pilot has flown off board. They still have to get home or land.

"He is wise who watches"

Quote Originally Posted by Albert Ross View Post
    At the end of tonight's mission a German DR1 was heading back to base on fire. As he reached safety on his last card of the turn, he drew his 'A' card for fire damage and pulled a 3 which wiped out all his remaining structural points: as Game Master, how do I score this one?

Is it s shoot down, chased off or crash landing, destroying the aircraft (and spilling the pilot's beer) - as there are just two points between the sides at the moment, the verdict on this could be critical!

Hi Stuart, in all campaigns I have previously run it counts as a victory for the pilot who set the aircraft alight.

Similar Missions

1. Coming soon at a BBC near you....
    By AlgyLacey in forum WGF: General Discussions
    Replies: 18
    Last Post: 04-21-2013, 14:48
  2. I'm coming over!
    By steel_ratt in forum Australian Wing
    Replies: 29
    Last Post: 02-10-2013, 02:57
  3. They are coming!!!
    By marcoperse in forum WGS: General Discussions
    Replies: 47