Ares Games

Thread: Last night at our drome

Default Last night at our drome

Windy Jack and I were flying a couple of Hannovers defending a bridge in our fair German city when 3 DH4's came in to attack. As they flew over the lines our machine gunners scored a few hits and we decided to try to stick together to use our comgined firepower to thwart the impudent allies. Needless to say, my plane was downed first. The DH4's were faster than us so we kept close to the target and because and we were getting in each others way I ended up attacking two bombers on one side myself. I did shoot down the one that I thought posed the biggest threat but was being hammered by both rear gunners to the point where we both went down in the same firing sequence.

Left alone, my wing mate manged to damage the others so that they could not get an easy bombing run organised and they only partially destroyed the bridge before he too joined me at the mess table in the sky.

The bombers stuck together giving them maximum defensive firepower and bomb coverage. They ignored the AA guns and did not get distracted thus forcing us to play on their terms. Well done to Biggles Downunder

Brave man, taking on three to two like that. Thanks for sharing it with us. Would love to have been able to see the action - don't think I have seen anyone else using Hannovers before.

Quote Originally Posted by mikeemagnus View Post
    - don't think I have seen anyone else using Hannovers before.
    Ahem .. there's one at least.... http://www.wingsofwar.org/forums/sho...ver-It-is-now-!
    Easily missed Mike, bit like Hannovers, they are tricky customers as you will see !

"He is wise who watches"

Here's a bit of the action for you, Mike, just after the Hannover and DH4 took each other down. The damage count is for the Hannover.
    Windy JackClick image for larger version. 

Name:	20160725_203003.jpg 
Views:	24 
Size:	163.0 KB 
ID:	203142

Thumbs up

Well Done to the South Australian Wing!
    Keep up the good work.

Similar Missions

1. Illinois: 1year Anniversary with the drome!
    By sctodd in forum US Wing
    Replies: 19
    Last Post: 10-22-2015, 20:22
  2. OFF THE DROME.
    By Flying Officer Kyte in forum UK Wing
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 07-19-2013, 02:00
  3. Ask Not What the 'Drome Can Do For You...
    By Nightbomber in forum Officer's Club
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 02-09-2013, 13:33
  4. OFF DROME.
    By Flying Officer Kyte in forum UK Wing
    Replies: 32
    Last Post: 09-26-2012, 00:28
  5. One year here on the 'Drome
    By Hunter in forum Officer's Club
    Replies: 23
    Last Post: 03-05-2012, 07:58